• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow, Nova!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw his game log for last year. He was MUCH better for the pirates after leaving the yankees. That's even more proof you need to be cautious with Sale who is better but not worth his price tag.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw his game log for last year. He was MUCH better for the pirates after leaving the yankees. That's even more proof you need to be cautious with Sale who is better but not worth his price tag.
this makes no sense:suds:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale will not get his usual constant 30 with the red sox. You watch and see, Price had less last year with them and Stroman got broke down playing teams in that division. I am not drafting a pitcher from the most hitter-friendly division in baseball. You're a red sox fan. I'm not saying he's going to lose you games but he's not going to get as many 0-2 run games like he did in Chicago. I want 30 point+ games from my first round pitcher.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale will not get his usual constant 30 with the red sox. You watch and see, Price had less last year with them and Stroman got broke down playing teams in that division. I am not drafting a pitcher from the most hitter-friendly division in baseball. You're a red sox fan. I'm not saying he's going to lose you games but he's not going to get as many 0-2 run games like he did in Chicago. I want 30 point+ games from my first round pitcher.

hmmmm... what division was the AL Cy Young winner from?

Ivan Nova has nothing to do with a 1st round pick.

Sale is on my bust list. On Milk's too, I believe... it has nothing to do with Ivan Nova or 1st round picks.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about Nova being a first round pick. I said I would draft him late. Look at his game log last year after the trade. He broke down down the stretch but he was also playing the cubs and nats. The point I am making is Nova turned a 180 after leaving that dump of a division. And Sale is going to it.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about Nova being a first round pick. I said I would draft him late. Look at his game log last year after the trade. He broke down down the stretch but he was also playing the cubs and nats. The point I am making is Nova turned a 180 after leaving that dump of a division. And Sale is going to it.
so simple take nova over sale np:suds:

btw heres another opinion

Now a member of the Boston Red Sox, Sale's fantasy value might ultimately not change much from his 2016, which had him the seventh most-valuable starting pitcher in points-based leagues and ninth-best on the Player Rater. Sure, he'll have a more productive lineup backing him, but run support wasn't a severe issue for him last season, and he enjoyed a sizable increase in his average innings pitched per start from 2015 to 2016 -- 6.7 to 7.1 -- which already helped pad his win total. Sale lost a hint of fastball velocity and regressed slightly against right-handed batters last season -- the latter more of a problem because of how often opponents try to exploit the platoon advantage against him -- resulting in a noticeable decline in his strikeout rate, to 25.7 percent. He still, however, possesses top-shelf stuff and now has a four-year track record of greatness. Don't allow yourself to "chase wins" due to his trade, but Sale should regardless be one of the first five starting pitchers off the mixed-league board.:suds:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are hard to predict. A pitcher can pitch a great game and still lose. It happens all the time. Sale is at risk from losing QSs. He may have pitched his tail off in Chicago and lost because of run support. But what's four more points going to do when he will get wins while allowing 4 earned runs disqualifying him from an extra 3 points? They had the one pitcher that did well last year but no one had anything on him. I don't expect him to do what he did last year, whatever his name is.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm... what division was the AL Cy Young winner from?

Ivan Nova has nothing to do with a 1st round pick.

Sale is on my bust list. On Milk's too, I believe... it has nothing to do with Ivan Nova or 1st round picks.

come on man!!!! i have clearly said i don't like him... don't believe things SAY THEM... i will give you an example... MY TEAM"S GONNA KICK YOUR TEAM'S ASS IN ALL 3(HOPEFULLY 4 LEAGUES)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna get into the Sale thing again, but I gotta say, I think Nova might turn out to be a great sneaky pick.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna get into the Sale thing again, but I gotta say, I think Nova might turn out to be a great sneaky pick.
that pirate pitching coach seems to know what he is doing AJB liked him:suds:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Nova. I noticed the same thing happened with Matt Moore! who was actually already somewhat decent. And SF's pitching staff has apparently trained him to attack the dbacks right, as he struggled against them with the rays and when he went to the giants, he was better. And Hutchinson doesn't have no evidence yet of moving to NFC.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Nova. I noticed the same thing happened with Matt Moore! who was actually already somewhat decent. And SF's pitching staff has apparently trained him to attack the dbacks right, as he struggled against them with the rays and when he went to the giants, he was better. And Hutchinson doesn't have no evidence yet of moving to NFC.

There aren't too many pitchers that excel in the AL, and fail in the NL. No DH plays a part. The team they play for plays a part. And the pitcher plays a part. Each pitcher is themselves alone.

There are very good pitchers in the AL East. Two of them were in the running for Cy Young, and one of them won it... and those two aren't even close to the top five in the division.

If you're debating between selecting Gausman or Moore, and you choose Moore because of your reasons... fine. It doesn't mean Gausman won't out pitch him.

There are maybe a dozen arms that you can trot out every week, no matter the matchup. Everyone else is dependent on their opponent and park.

I'll draft Snell before any Reds pitcher or Phillies pitcher for instance.

I do not believe there is a general stance to which you are trying to decipher.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I would not draft Gausman. I just simply forgot about him. He's not someone I'm against. But he needs to get to that point.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't too many pitchers that excel in the AL, and fail in the NL. No DH plays a part. The team they play for plays a part. And the pitcher plays a part. Each pitcher is themselves alone.

There are very good pitchers in the AL East. Two of them were in the running for Cy Young, and one of them won it... and those two aren't even close to the top five in the division.

If you're debating between selecting Gausman or Moore, and you choose Moore because of your reasons... fine. It doesn't mean Gausman won't out pitch him.

There are maybe a dozen arms that you can trot out every week, no matter the matchup. Everyone else is dependent on their opponent and park.

I'll draft Snell before any Reds pitcher or Phillies pitcher for instance.

I do not believe there is a general stance to which you are trying to decipher.

Actually u already said it when pitchers change leagues it has an effect AL to NL = good NL to AL = bad
The Moore example is 3 games (not much to base anything on) As a ray @ zona 7 IP 5 R As a giant @zona
7 IP 2 R 3rd game was @ SF 5.1 IP 1 R

His thing is saying its just the AL east pitchers but its not:suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually u already said it when pitchers change leagues it has an effect AL to NL = good NL to AL = bad
The Moore example is 3 games (not much to base anything on) As a ray @ zona 7 IP 5 R As a giant @zona
7 IP 2 R 3rd game was @ SF 5.1 IP 1 R

His thing is saying its just the AL east pitchers but its not:suds:

i really hate generalizations though... because i don't believe them to be true... Like i said With Taijuan Walker, he is going from the AL West(which is seen to be lesser offensively than the other 2 AL divisions) and a pitchers ballpark, to the NL west and a hitters Ballpark...

AZ is not the typical NL team... They play 90 games in either Colorado or AZ... that is not easy for a new to the team pitcher...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I would not draft Gausman. I just simply forgot about him. He's not someone I'm against. But he needs to get to that point.

I didn't say you said that.... I'm giving examples. I'm telling you it's a case by case, arm by arm scenario. There is no general formula.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you said that.... I'm giving examples. I'm telling you it's a case by case, arm by arm scenario. There is no general formula.
wait i figured it out u want any stinking yankee that becomes a pirate nova and A burnett:suds: