• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow Garth Snow defending the Gillies hit

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right.:L

I was watching that game. It was as cowardly an act as I've seen in a hockey game, and I've seen a lot, believe me. That play cost the Isles a legitimate shot at the cup that year.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching that game. It was as cowardly an act as I've seen in a hockey game, and I've seen a lot, believe me. That play cost the Isles a legitimate shot at the cup that year.

Hmm. Don't think they would have beaten the Habs even with Turgeon.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't seen the hit, but from what I hear, it was cheap and dirty. It's a shame that an old score had to be settled that way. It seems both teams are guilty of something, let's hope they can realize that they're all still family men working for a living playing the game they love and try their best to put this ugly situation behind them. If not, settle it like men. As I said in an earlier post, theirs an accepted way of settling these things. A way that the players, coaches, and owners accept as standing up for themselves without trying to outright injure each other. Pick a few players on each team, drop the gloves, and get it over with. It would be a shame to see a player suffer an injury that could affect, or maybe even end, his career

It hasppens about the 6:15 mark.

[YOUTUBE]puMana_bq1o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders played with heart that year. So many guys were out of the lineup during the playoffs it was pathetic. Montreal can thank the Islanders for their opportunity to win the Cup. They never would have beaten the Penguins.

Al Arbour said it best when he said Kasparaitis & Pilon intimidated the Penguins during the entire series. Of course it helped that Healy stood on his head, especially in game 7.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
link pls.
all I can find is that he was surprised that the Pens weren't fined as well.

It is on NHL on the fly. He said

"On the hit Trevor adminstered I think he had the right intentions infact. He ended up maybe being reverse hit and falling to the ice. At that point he was getting off the ice in engagement mode and I dont want to speak for Trevor but things happen pretty fast in hockey"

I dont have a link but it is on the NHL network as we speak.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasppens about the 6:15 mark.

[YOUTUBE]puMana_bq1o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks man. I heard about what happened but hadn't seen it. That was bad, just bad. There's supposed to be a certain code among hockey players when fighting. You stop when your opponent is injured or down.

Last edited by a moderator:

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks man. I heard about what happened but hadn't seen it. That was bad, just bad. there's supposed to be a certain code among hockey players when fighting. You stop when your opponent is injured or down.

That is what I am saying, that was an assault

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but you have to admit, they really had zero chance without him.

Very true, but I still think the reason the Isles wouldn't have won either way was after those two long 7 game series, they literally had nothing left. They looked like a worn out shoe by Game 5.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am saying, that was an assault

That's what I said in the other thread. Even though I hadn't seen it, that's what it sounded like from how others described it. Campbell really dropped the ball big time on this one. He got what, 4 games? yet the Pens player gets 10 for leaving the bench to defend his goalie. I know that's an automatic, but given the circumstances of the game, the Isles player should have gotten 10 also. His actions were much worse.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but I still think the reason the Isles wouldn't have won either way was after those two long 7 game series, they literally had nothing left. They looked like a worn out shoe by Game 5.

yeah, I see what you're saying. 7 game series can wear a team down, and two in a row has to take it's toll.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I said in the other thread. Even though I hadn't seen it, that's what it sounded like from how others described it. Campbell really dropped the ball big time on this one. He got what, 4 games? yet the Pens player gets 10 for leaving the bench to defend his goalie. I know that's an automatic, but given the circumstances of the game, the Isles player should have gotten 10 also. His actions were much worse.

That guy got 9 games. The sucker punch by Martin earlier in the clip got 4 games

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously never saw the hit Dale Hunter delivered on Pierre Turgeon.

didnt that happen in the 93 playoffs after turgeon scored the goal that knocked the caps out of the playoffs which ironically was the year of the McSorley stick measurement in the finals.If I remember were the Isles the team that knocked the pens out that year to end their 3peat attempt.Regardless as bad of a hit the gilles hit was I cant see ranking it top 3 Mcsorley and bertuzzis were far worse hell the hit cooke put on savard was worse but theres allot of hits throught the history of hockey that would come ahead of that

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is on NHL on the fly. He said

"On the hit Trevor adminstered I think he had the right intentions infact. He ended up maybe being reverse hit and falling to the ice. At that point he was getting off the ice in engagement mode and I dont want to speak for Trevor but things happen pretty fast in hockey"

I dont have a link but it is on the NHL network as we speak.

not on the fly but this is snows comments

Garth Snow responds to suspensions

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt that happen in the 93 playoffs after turgeon scored the goal that knocked the caps out of the playoffs which ironically was the year of the McSorley stick measurement in the finals.If I remember were the Isles the team that knocked the pens out that year to end their 3peat attempt.Regardless as bad of a hit the gilles hit was I cant see ranking it top 3 Mcsorley and bertuzzis were far worse hell the hit cooke put on savard was worse but theres allot of hits throught the history of hockey that would come ahead of that

Yeah that's exactly when it was. The hit by Hunter on Turgeon makes what Gillies did look like a tap on the shoulder.