• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow Garth Snow defending the Gillies hit

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shero's team hasn't been fined 100 grand. With Mario making a statement I wasn't surprised one bit that Garth said something as well.

A statement is one thing to condone that hit is another imo. Mario made a blanket statement Garth did not

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A statement is one thing to condone that hit is another imo. Mario made a blanket statement Garth did not

Mario was speaking to Bettman, Campbell & the league office. He's an owner.

Garth as a GM was simply defending his team. He's proud of the way they're sticking together. If Charles Wang wishes to say something he will do so.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mario was speaking to Bettman, Campbell & the league office. He's an owner.

Garth as a GM was simply defending his team. He's proud of the way they're sticking together. If Charles Wang wishes to say something he will do so.

Like I said, you dont hear Shero defending Cooke and what Gillies did makes Cooke look like a Lady Bing candidate

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By not making A statement about Talbot laughing during an interview about hurting an isles player Mario did some condoning himself.I'm not condoning snows statement or what gilles did but this incident is not solely on the isles.Neither team was innocent here.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone understands Cooke is a douche and no one defends him. All I am saying is I was surprised Snow defended that play. It was one of the 3 worst plays I have ever seen behind Bertuzzi and McSorely.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone understands Cooke is a douche and no one defends him. All I am saying is I was surprised Snow defended that play. It was one of the 3 worst plays I have ever seen behind Bertuzzi and McSorely.

You obviously never saw the hit Dale Hunter delivered on Pierre Turgeon.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen the hit, but from what I hear, it was cheap and dirty. It's a shame that an old score had to be settled that way. It seems both teams are guilty of something, let's hope they can realize that they're all still family men working for a living playing the game they love and try their best to put this ugly situation behind them. If not, settle it like men. As I said in an earlier post, theirs an accepted way of settling these things. A way that the players, coaches, and owners accept as standing up for themselves without trying to outright injure each other. Pick a few players on each team, drop the gloves, and get it over with. It would be a shame to see a player suffer an injury that could affect, or maybe even end, his career