• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you take any duo over prime MJ and LeBron?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything to mention Lebron with MJ I guess.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Magic/MJ or Bird/MJ or MJ/Shaq any day and twice on Sunday over MJ/Lebron.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ and Wilt?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't know. Golden State still might be better.
I'd have trouble picking against MJ in the scenario... even if GS is the better "team" that had better harmony as a unit...

... MJ was simply the most competitive and driven player I've ever witnessed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have trouble picking against MJ in the scenario... even if GS is the better "team" that had better harmony as a unit...

AGreed.

But that can also go the other way if his team starts hitting adversity. MJ never played another team on the Bulls level during the 90s run. He wasn't notoriously hard on teammates.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGreed.

But that can also go the other way if his team starts hitting adversity. MJ never played another team on the Bulls level during the 90s run. He was notoriously hard on teammates.
Whether it worked or it didn't... seeing MJ get in LeBron's face would be absolutely priceless.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Practically to the point that it would have qualified as a mental illness. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem and Wilt, or Kareem and Magic.

You would take 2 centers?

That would work great 30 years ago. Not anymore. If your two best players are post scorers, you are going to have a tough time getting offensive floor spacing. On D, Wilt and Kareem would get attacked relentlessly on ball screens and having to guard in space.

Size mismatches are much easier to defend than speed/skill mismatches. It is far easier to double effectively on the block than it is to help a center trying to guard a perimeter player.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any matchup you could have directly to challenge those two, but IF I had to choose another duo to form a team around, it would be Olajuwon and Durant.

Olajuwon, IMO, is probably the best defensive center ever in the NBA. Add to that he was a freak athlete and could guard in today's NBA game on the perimeter that's a huge bonus. He was a gifted passer and scorer too. He would thrive in today's NBA game because he could score in multiple ways, including stepping out to hit a midrange or even a bit further.

Then I'd take KD almost over any other secondary player. Why? Because he's damn near 7'0", can score off the dribble, finish at the rim and is one of the most unguardable scorers in NBA history. You have to go with an advantage when you're playing against the two best wing players in NBA history.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would take 2 centers?

That would work great 30 years ago. Not anymore. If your two best players are post scorers, you are going to have a tough time getting offensive floor spacing. On D, Wilt and Kareem would get attacked relentlessly on ball screens and having to guard in space.

Size mismatches are much easier to defend than speed/skill mismatches. It is far easier to double effectively on the block than it is to help a center trying to guard a perimeter player.
Maybe so, however I'll take the high percentage shots while you shoot outside.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say you can choose to have MJ and LeBron in their prime as a duo, or any other two players who played in the NBA, who are you going to pick? You cannot pick MJ + someone else other than LeBron, or LeBron plus someone other than MJ.

MJ-LeBron or other duo?

Bird and Magic

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any matchup you could have directly to challenge those two, but IF I had to choose another duo to form a team around, it would be Olajuwon and Durant.

Olajuwon, IMO, is probably the best defensive center ever in the NBA. Add to that he was a freak athlete and could guard in today's NBA game on the perimeter that's a huge bonus. He was a gifted passer and scorer too. He would thrive in today's NBA game because he could score in multiple ways, including stepping out to hit a midrange or even a bit further.

Then I'd take KD almost over any other secondary player. Why? Because he's damn near 7'0", can score off the dribble, finish at the rim and is one of the most unguardable scorers in NBA history. You have to go with an advantage when you're playing against the two best wing players in NBA history.

You can pick anyone in the history of the NBA and you choose a mental puddle like Kevin Durant?

No thanks. I'll choose a winner.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine prime Magic and Bird running the break together?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, however I'll take the high percentage shots while you shoot outside.

My guys aren't shooting jumpers, they are driving to the rim where your centers will have to leave open shooters to help.

Meanwhile, post play is one of the least efficient forms of offense. Most often, it ends with a highly contested shot attempt. While closer, close is not better than open.

There is a reason all the best teams today play pace and space and why bigs are used as screeners instead of post scorers.