• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you pay Doan 5+ million per season?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I've thought a bit about this Doan thingy. It's one of two things.

1. It's A BULLSHIT RUMOR.

2. It has to be the Islanders because if it was another team he would have signed the damn contract already. 7.5M for 4 years for a 35 year old winger who will give his team 50 points & provide leadership is something the Islanders need. I don't believe any other team would even consider giving Doan a contract that steep.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, depends on what the new CBA looks like, but yes, that is a dangerous contract to touch. I just pray it's not the Devils and that Lou learned his lesson from the Rolston deal.

to be honest the loss of parise and past deals like rolston have me a bit concerned

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' A. I'd pay him $10 mill a season.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest the loss of parise and past deals like rolston have me a bit concerned

I would think that puts you guys more in the Nash/Ryan running than the Doan running (for that term). Doan's a short-term solution, that's not what needed in NJ.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that puts you guys more in the Nash/Ryan running than the Doan running (for that term). Doan's a short-term solution, that's not what needed in NJ.

I disagree. The Devils are in win now mode. They just lost a big time winger. Replacing said winger with an UFA makes more sense than having to trade away assets to acquire one.