• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you got the national championship game if all you could get were nosebleeds?

Would you go to the national championship game if all you could get were nosebleeds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now the Alabama vs Clemson game has tickets down to about $200 each for the nosebleed section.

I live less than 30 minutes from the game.

I'm considering going, but with the nosebleed section it kind of seems like I'd be going just to be going rather than going for the best experience.

I'm kind of thinking the TV experience would actually be better.

What would you do?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm leaning in that direction.

Still a few more days left, so I'm hoping the prices drop even more and the lower seats get to be more reasonable.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I uae to go to 1 or 2 Bama games a year but now a days the at Home TV experience is better IMO.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I uae to go to 1 or 2 Bama games a year but now a days the at Home TV experience is better IMO.

I've never been able to go to an Alabama game is one of the bigger reasons I'm considering it.

But I have been to many NFL games and do generally consider the TV experience to be better, even with good seats.

bamafan

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have never been to a game that big go but t.v. is much better to watch the game at

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't, but 200$ is a lot for me.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would plan on going. I would also check the prices every day, if you are going as a single, it makes it easier.

Come on.

Alabama.

National Championship Game.

You are close.

Ok, so the next time it is in Florida(I am using an example) and someone offers you free tickets to the game, you just have to pay for transportation, meals, and lodging. Would you go? I am sure the cost would be more than $200 bucks.

If you ask me, $200 for a NC Game and all you have to do is drive to it, and then drive back home.

Since you live close, I would pull the trigger on Sunday or Monday.(if possible)

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I'd say TV but if its that close it would be tempting with it being the national championship.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now the Alabama vs Clemson game has tickets down to about $200 each for the nosebleed section.

I live less than 30 minutes from the game.

I'm considering going, but with the nosebleed section it kind of seems like I'd be going just to be going rather than going for the best experience.

I'm kind of thinking the TV experience would actually be better.

What would you do?

Sitting in the nosebleeds can be awesome. You can see the entire field and see everything unfold. It's a great way to see the game in my opinion. Ideally though, I would like to be angled towards the endzone that the team I want to win is playing towards in the 2nd and 4th quarter, but of course you don't know that until after. I've sat in pretty much every seat you could sit in, even lower level 50 yard line. My favorite has to 2nd level angled. I can see the field, and ideally, I can see the action I want to see coming towards me.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV is a more practical option of course, but to really see and understand the game better, seeing it live where you can see the entire field is better. Hopefully in the future, TV will offer different camera angles so we can see more like we would at the game. Maybe it's just the fact that I like to analyze the plays and see what actually happened. That's just me though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would plan on going. I would also check the prices every day, if you are going as a single, it makes it easier.

Come on.

Alabama.

National Championship Game.

You are close.

Ok, so the next time it is in Florida(I am using an example) and someone offers you free tickets to the game, you just have to pay for transportation, meals, and lodging. Would you go? I am sure the cost would be more than $200 bucks.

If you ask me, $200 for a NC Game and all you have to do is drive to it, and then drive back home.

Since you live close, I would pull the trigger on Sunday or Monday.(if possible)

I'll be taking my youngest son with me if I go.

But yes, even if I do go I won't be buying before Monday morning. I'm hoping by then the lower tickets will drop down.

For nosebleeds though, this is tough. Especially since I have 2 kids in college so it's going to require some penny pinching. But I'm not going to let the money factor in too much.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the nosebleeds can be awesome. You can see the entire field and see everything unfold. It's a great way to see the game in my opinion. Ideally though, I would like to be angled towards the endzone that the team I want to win is playing towards in the 2nd and 4th quarter, but of course you don't know that until after. I've sat in pretty much every seat you could sit in, even lower level 50 yard line. My favorite has to 2nd level angled. I can see the field, and ideally, I can see the action I want to see coming towards me.

The cheapest seats right now is in the nosebleed corners. So I'd be in the corner behind the Alabama sideline.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV is a more practical option of course, but to really see and understand the game better, seeing it live where you can see the entire field is better. Hopefully in the future, TV will offer different camera angles so we can see more like we would at the game. Maybe it's just the fact that I like to analyze the plays and see what actually happened. That's just me though.

I've been to tons of NFL games and I generally like the TV experience better. I've had 50 yard line tickets in the past, "great seats" and it's like - I'm always looking at everyone's back when they get in the redzone. It really kind of sucks to be honest as I have to rely on the jumbotron to see what happened.

But Alabama in a national championship game. I'm worried I'll look back on this in 10 years and go - YOU FUCKING RETARD.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to tons of NFL games and I generally like the TV experience better. I've had 50 yard line tickets in the past, "great seats" and it's like - I'm always looking at everyone's back when they get in the redzone. It really kind of sucks to be honest as I have to rely on the jumbotron to see what happened.

But Alabama in a national championship game. I'm worried I'll look back on this in 10 years and go - YOU FUCKING RETARD.

That's why I said in my other post that it would be best if you could get angled seats towards the endzone that your team is coming towards in the 2nd and 4th quarter. But of course, that's impossible to predict. But you wouldn't have to deal with looking at player's backs.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do agree that the TV experience is better. Especially when they are outdoor games. My brother and I and a couple of friends went to see the Giants and Redskins Monday night football game a couple of years ago when the Redskins tried that ridiculously stupid swinging gate play. That was the only good thing we got out of the game really besides the Giants winning(My brother's team). It was around 0 degrees. It's just not worth it to freeze your ass off. I understand that people don't want to get rid of the outdoor element, but I think around 20 years from now or so, every NFL stadium will have a dome.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do agree that the TV experience is better. Especially when they are outdoor games. My brother and I and a couple of friends went to see the Giants and Redskins Monday night football game a couple of years ago when the Redskins tried that ridiculously stupid swinging gate play. That was the only good thing we got out of the game really besides the Giants winning(My brother's team). It was around 0 degrees. It's just not worth it to freeze your ass off. I understand that people don't want to get rid of the outdoor element, but I think around 20 years from now or so, every NFL stadium will have a dome.

Worst game I ever went to was the last game of the year and it was the Raiders vs Carolina. Neither team was going to be in the playoffs or anything, it was an insignificant game and I'm not even a fan other either team.

BUT, I do enjoy a good tailgate and so forth, so I went. And the weather is usually decent in the Bay, even in Jan.

But that day it rained and it was cold as hell. The whole experience was miserable.