• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you deal Gausman+ for Szamardjia?

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could step in and be the #1/2 through next year and help them really go for it. Gausman has potential but nothing's certain with him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd loooove to see you guys get Szamardjia.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedmaniac what do you think, I'm crazy?:laugh3::scratch:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a damn tempting idea. Szamardjia with the best 1-4 record in the history of the universe, lol. (We all know w-l doesn't mean that much... look at Chen's record.. just a case of the Cubs suckin' it big time whenever he pitches)

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Szamardjia can pitch himself out of Wrigleyville by the deadline.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Szamardjia can pitch himself out of Wrigleyville by the deadline.

Oh, no doubt. He's going to be a hot commodity by then.. and I mean right up there.

Hopefully the Cubbies will smile favorably on the O's if there's interest? Hammel and Arrieta haven't been doin' that shabbily for them.

Samardzija would be perfect for Baltimore. The fans would LOVE him.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do this deal in a heartbeat.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Tedman..I think that they would hop on this in a heartbeat, but it will involve other prospects. Straight 1 for 1 I would take in a heartbeat, otherwise I hold the cards. While the window to "compete" is small due to contacts, for once we have a solid farm. Why not develop the arms and become like the Rays. A team that competes every year, and with our higher Cap we can go over the edge.

Trust me I want Szamardjia, but I would be really hesitate to get rid of much. While people state how we waited for Cabrera, Penn, Arrieta, and others, those were prospects we pimped as our own. In reality the MLB didn't want too much for them. I think for a change we have wanted guys and need to hold onto our deck. Thats just my opinion. I trust Dan enough to make the right call, and don't want to end up on the Seatle side of this trade

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Gausman and Ed Rod would do the trick, but I'd rather not lose Rodriguez if they could substitute some other pieces like Berry etc. He's signed through next year but it would be nice if they could assure he'd be in Balt even longer. Sounds like we're the most interested along with Toronto.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steve says rumor is they want 2 of gausman , bundy , harvey and ed rod . that is a no thank you

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bundy is untouchable in my eyes, I like all 4 of those guys no chance we give them 2 of the 4 nor should we.

gausman and berry

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bundy is untouchable in my eyes, I like all 4 of those guys no chance we give them 2 of the 4 nor should we.

gausman and berry
:agree: but gausman and harvey also .

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: but gausman and harvey also .
I need to do some more research on Harvey from what i have heard so far he may be one hell of a pitcher but i haven't seen him yet

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't let me edit ........

just did more searching on him...... seeing as he is just 19, averaging around 10ks per inning low A and sporting a sub 2 era im saying at this point (not having seen him) i don't think i'd be willing to give him up.

I dont know for some reason im not that big on Jeff to give up that much for what could be just a rental player..... We are more than 1 pitcher away from a deep post-season run

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to do some more research on Harvey from what i have heard so far he may be one hell of a pitcher but i haven't seen him yet
his daddy has him trained right . cubbie dude is another bud norris rather have colon

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't let me edit ........

just did more searching on him...... seeing as he is just 19, averaging around 10ks per inning low A and sporting a sub 2 era im saying at this point (not having seen him) i don't think i'd be willing to give him up.

I dont know for some reason im not that big on Jeff to give up that much for what could be just a rental player..... We are more than 1 pitcher away from a deep post-season run

I agree. Right now, it seems like all we have are a bunch of 3-5 spot starters. We are missing those 1-2 guys that would definitely make this team a contender.

As for the trade. I would still like to see more of Szamardjia to see if he can keep it up. Don't want to do a trade now and then when we get him, he turns to garbage.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Tedman..I think that they would hop on this in a heartbeat, but it will involve other prospects. Straight 1 for 1 I would take in a heartbeat, otherwise I hold the cards. While the window to "compete" is small due to contacts, for once we have a solid farm. Why not develop the arms and become like the Rays. A team that competes every year, and with our higher Cap we can go over the edge.

Trust me I want Szamardjia, but I would be really hesitate to get rid of much. While people state how we waited for Cabrera, Penn, Arrieta, and others, those were prospects we pimped as our own. In reality the MLB didn't want too much for them. I think for a change we have wanted guys and need to hold onto our deck. Thats just my opinion. I trust Dan enough to make the right call, and don't want to end up on the Seatle side of this trade

^I hear ya there. The ol' Bedard trade potential.

The one thing that has me hemming-and-hawing on this kind of trade is that we haven't proven yet that we can groom a good minor league pitcher into a bonafide 1 or 2 starter. Tillman's as close as we've got.. and the book isn't closed on him yet. For whatever reason, we're not getting these young pitchers to the pinnacle of their "potential".

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Right now, it seems like all we have are a bunch of 3-5 spot starters. We are missing those 1-2 guys that would definitely make this team a contender.

As for the trade. I would still like to see more of Szamardjia to see if he can keep it up. Don't want to do a trade now and then when we get him, he turns to garbage.

Yes, and this season is the perfect 'window of opportunity' to potentially make this trade. The yanks and sox aren't going to wallow in mediocrity forever. While I think the Jays are better-than-advertised I'm still not sold on Bautista-and-Encanarcion being the OPS beasts that they are right now forever either. Their starting pitching corps really isn't that bad, so I think they have that going for them. Rays are having a down year. The division (or at the very least, a wild card) is there to be had this year.

I'm usually dead-set against trading away the farm for a pitcher. Not even sure I'm willing to pull the trigger on this trade, if what tedman says they want in exchange is true.

But it does have me thinking.