• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would OU beating Baylor make up for losing to a horrible Texas team?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be really disapointed if OU loses to Baylor.
-
I would be surprised if OU won that game. OU is going to have to leave their secondary exposed to help with Lache. OU sold out on the run vs TExas and it did not end well. Baylor is better at WR and QB. Baylor front is not as good as Texas, so that is OUs shot. OU is going to have to play keep away to win and I am not sure they are willing to admit that.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so funny ou fans try and downplay getting raped in Dallas. Baylor will end this with a 20 point beat down, setting up a Baylor/Texas big 12 title game.

dunno, but ut will prolly have 2 conf losses before that game even happens, and will be out of the conference race, as per usual.:L

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not

You can't make up for getting blown out by your biggest rival when you were favored by 14.

I've been following this game since the 60's. It's never good to lose to your main rival, but this game is a little different. In most years, you can throw away the records and point spread. So I really don't think it means a great deal when you look at how good or bad your team is. It's just too much of an emotional game. If OU beats Baylor, than they've beaten Baylor. Baylor really hasn't played anybody. We don't know how good they are, but we're getting ready to find out.

As far as Texas playing Baylor for Big 12 Championship, I've still see Ok. St. and Texas Tech on the schedule. Still not buying into the Robinson turning the defense around just yet. Both of these teams are capable of putting up 70 points on our defense if he hasn't. I hate to say it, but I really think it's going to be another 8-4 Mack Brown regular season. Then off to the Holiday Bowl to play Grambling. This is a game we can win. They probably won't show. Once again, I should have bought a house in San Diego years ago, I would have saved thousands on hotel bills.

P.S. Yes, I can't stand Mack Brown! :gaah:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing matters except Texas, who NO ONE ANYWHERE thought would win, beat OU.

Rest is all meh...

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will beating BU make up for a loss to UT? That loss hasn't been too hard on OU, it seems, as we are ranked higher now than any time this season. Beating Baylor will be big because they're ranked higher than us, just as was beating(at the time #10) TT and beating high ranked ND was. If OU wins out, we most likely win the B12, which is an bi-annual affair pretty much for us(8 out of 16/17 is it?).