• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst travel never called (5 steps) caused winning an NBA title

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 100% correct. The only remedy that can now be made is to declare the 76ers NBA champions.

This is probably why Kawhi only had 3 teams actively pursuing him in free agency. Only a matter of time before he starts getting called for this nonsense.
i mean, we'll always know that asterisks is there, but we'll give the canucks this one.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that out of all videos posted here, the one that should cause more concern and everybody should watch from start to end is this...

If this nonsense that isn't allowed continues in the NBA, it will ruin the credibility of the league for ever... By continuously allowing travelling violations, refs allow some players to cheat on their opponents and lead to fake victories.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll give OP this much, he's not wrong with THIS thread, but end of the day, the game is the game.
Traveling in the NBA is like Holding in the NFL... you can find it on almost every play...

... or almost every time his boy Giannis touches the rock.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traveling in the NBA is like Holding in the NFL... you can find it on almost every play...

... or almost every time his boy Giannis touches the rock.
was there a thread on how he was explaining to what looked like a bunch of 50 year old fantasy campers how what he does isn't a travel?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going to youtube videos now?

This is all-the-time Giannis:

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going to youtube videos now?

This is all-the-time Giannis:

This is a ..."travel" that IS OFFICIALLY ALLOWED in the game worldwide... There was much talk about it some 20 years ago because it was allowed (by the rules) in the NBA, but it wasn't in the rest of the world... It officially became worldwide acceptable as being legal for 15 years now...

it's called "the 1st step in open space transition"... google it!

It's the only case of ..."travelling" that refs are forbidden to call a violation... There is nothing illegal about it!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a ..."travel" that IS OFFICIALLY ALLOWED in the game worldwide... There was much talk about it some 20 years ago because it was allowed (by the rules) in the NBA, but it wasn't in the rest of the world... It officially became worldwide acceptable as being legal for 15 years now...

it's called "the 1st step in open space transition"... google it!

It's the only case of ..."travelling" that refs are forbidden to call a violation... There is nothing illegal about it!
lol... Fine, I'll give you the first step.

What about the following 5?

Watch that video to the end... Giannis literally takes 6 steps after last dribble.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... Fine, I'll give you the first step.

What about the following 5?

Watch that video to the end... Giannis literally takes 6 steps after last dribble.

I'm surprised you find anything wrong in the rest of the video... Actually it's the subject on the video that follows and it's one of the best refs in the NBA (the same as before) analysing there is nothing wrong about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1b_wZF81X0

He is particularly analysing why there is no travelling present...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you find anything wrong in the rest of the video... Actually it's the subject on the video that follows and it's one of the best refs in the NBA (the same as before) analysing there is nothing wrong about it...

The video that I posted and you are responding to with this is not a Euro Step, numbnuts.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else gonna mention that no one in the league is named Kwahi Leonard like OP states?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those ones are great examples of non-travels. You are right there. The NBA allows 2 steps, plus what they call a gather half-step. So in the euro step situations more times than not Giannis is not actually traveling.

However there are situations (as with a lot of NBA players) where he does travel. Giannis does travel the same amount as any other superstar in this league, but what makes him hard to officiate is that the sheer length of his strides makes it more confusing. Generally a player can't get from point A to point B without traveling, however Giannis can do so and it's within the flow of his game. So when he does travel it's often times the refs missing on that part. Same with Harden's step backs, he has a little mini hop that's almost imperceptible in real time because it's within the flow of how he moves.

Kawhi's situation that the OP stated was not an actual travel though. It was a jump stop, pivot foot, then the ball came down. Kawhi kind of throws the ball down too as he's taking another step, so he's not traveling since the step is taken again after the ball has left his hands. Kawhi is guilty of traveling, again as much as any other NBA star, but refs are fallible too.

I suppose this response is more so for the actual people involved here, but OP won't see this, lol.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video that I posted and you are responding to with this is not a Euro Step, numbnuts.

Is there smth wrong with you? it's the video that follows I'm talking about and other than the title, it doesn't discuss the legitimate of euro steps in Giannis' moves, but the luck of travelling on his moves as REF Nunn explains with video examples...

just watch the video (despite the title)...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should make a documentary about it, perhaps sue someone.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no matter what side he takes, there will be some who actually think he is an intelligent, quality poster.

I don't want him in the PF, but I can say with absolute certainty that he'd be the most reviled poster there. Left. Right. Doesn't matter. Everyone will hate him and think him a waste of oxygen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he took at least 5 steps before a dribble. Klay Thompson got away with one as well in another series. he took off around the mid court circle taking 3 and a half giant steps before he dunked the ball. Its getting ridiculous.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one, not even the trolliest of trolls, would think he is an intelligent quality poster.

LOL... What makes an intelligent and quality poster, is exactly when the "trolliest of trolls" doesn't appreciate one...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kind of refs should never have a job with the NBA...

Michael Jordan popularized the art of traveling and it has become acceptable.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an NBA ref that would never call this (the first one against the Sixers), then there should be no more games... The second one (against the Warriors) is just a terrible bad non-call... But the 1st one is simply outrageous... The man takes 5 STEPS and runs 20 feet before he dribbles the ball on the floor... just outrageous!

ONLY A COMPETE IGNORANT ON BASKETBALL BASICS WOULDN'T CALL THAT!

You should punch yourself in the face.