• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Trade offers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread gives you a chance to vent over those insulting trade offers you recieve. Here is a doozy to start things off:

A team in my roto league is currently last in wins and Ks because he has paired 3 mediocre SPs with this RP line-up:

Kimbrel, Papelbon, Romo, Soriano, Holland, K Jansen

Naturally, he has more than twice as many saves as second place. Nobody else has more than 3 closers. I tried to offer a mediocre SP to pry either Holland or Jansen. He said he would prefer a position player and countered a few days later with this doozy:

Jonathan Papelbon for Troy Tulowitzki :laugh3:

Really?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I got offered Jhoulys Chacin for Dylan Bundy.
I know the news is bleak for Bundy, but there are at least 300 prospects (120 on the WW, that I'd grab before Chacin)
I've got 17 year old kids in my system who won't be ready before Bundy, so a year off, while disappointing, isn't enough to panic.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I got offered Jhoulys Chacin for Dylan Bundy.

Oops (damn Colorado arms) it was Christian Friedrich not Chacin that I got offered

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread gives you a chance to vent over those insulting trade offers you recieve. Here is a doozy to start things off:

A team in my roto league is currently last in wins and Ks because he has paired 3 mediocre SPs with this RP line-up:

Kimbrel, Papelbon, Romo, Soriano, Holland, K Jansen

Naturally, he has more than twice as many saves as second place. Nobody else has more than 3 closers. I tried to offer a mediocre SP to pry either Holland or Jansen. He said he would prefer a position player and countered a few days later with this doozy:

Jonathan Papelbon for Troy Tulowitzki :laugh3:

Really?

I love to throw one out there every once in awhile to try and fishay-fishay, but c'mon now...:lame:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Aram so need a 3B got offered longoria for gio g longo is great 3B but does he ever play a full year Si i countered with Zito for longo and he got offended

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gio isn't enough for Longoria.
Zito is waiver wire. With no offense intended, you may have put an end to this thread. Ie we'll never top that one.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of quantity for quality trade offers are a total embarrassment... Votto for laroche,quintana and ben revere... yes 3 for one but depth can always be added on waiver wire...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a problem I usually don't have myself. But then again, I end up with few if any trade partners, as I make it known pretty loud and clear that I expect trades to be net wins for me, and not ones that help both teams equally.

It's just how I roll......

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a problem I usually don't have myself. But then again, I end up with few if any trade partners, as I make it known pretty loud and clear that I expect trades to be net wins for me, and not ones that help both teams equally.

That's a great post. I'm having a hard time not replying with the obligatory "But how do you really feel?" response.

Whoops...guess I just did. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an open book, without any sort of sensor of any kind. As such, I just tell things as they are and as I see them, and let the chips fall where they may.

That said, and this league aside, I have been playing with the same guys for years, and they have me and this figured out.

The Cubs fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are three trades I was offered, all I accepted, This year I dealt Fielder for Matt Cain Craig and Medlen. Then I did these 2 trades in the 2012 season, each I was offered, C.Lee D.Freese A.J. Burnett, and A.Rios for M.Cain. And i dealt M.Buehrle (his streak of amazing starts ended as soon as i dealt him) Alehando Deaza and I forget who but a Ian Kennedy like SP for M.Kemp M. Latos M. Moore and C. Buchholz. And whats the most a player was ever dropped/traded in your league? M. Latos holds the record for me by being dropped/traded 5 times!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whats the most a player was ever dropped/traded in your league? M. Latos holds the record for me by being dropped/traded 5 times!

Not a baseball league, but I personally added and dropped Kirk Hinrich 5 times in my bball league this year. He was also added at least 3 other occasions by other owners.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Aram so need a 3B got offered longoria for gio g longo is great 3B but does he ever play a full year Si i countered with Zito for longo and he got offended

You should have jumped on that. Longoria is a value pick in the second round of most drafts. Gio is a 5th round kind of guy. The Zito offer is way more unrealistic than the offer I received for Tulo.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's about my feelings on trades as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to fairness, but a deal has to make me feel like I'm filling a huge hole, and dealing a surplus, or I won't consider it, fair or not.

BTW-some of the "worst trade offers" I've seen in this thread, really??? I've seen much worse trades get league approval involving two teams that truly thought they were both improving their teams. I think a couple people have some strong opinions about the value of "thier guys", which just MIGHT be inflated a bit

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about my feelings on trades as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to fairness, but a deal has to make me feel like I'm filling a huge hole, and dealing a surplus, or I won't consider it, fair or not.

BTW-some of the "worst trade offers" I've seen in this thread, really??? I've seen much worse trades get league approval involving two teams that truly thought they were both improving their teams. I think a couple people have some strong opinions about the value of "thier guys", which just MIGHT be inflated a bit

The jury's still out on our trade, and it's one I was nervous about to begin with. Now that Papi's breaking out, this could be a big RUT-ROH for me. :what:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I'm still a little iffy as well Chef, was more sure before Grienke's injury. But hey, plenty of time to see what happens!

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in fairness, without details, who's to say what's fair or not. I offered Varrys S.Castro or J.Heyward for Taveras and he rejected me! (The nerve!!) Those would seem insanely lopsided without included costs/ league dynamics :)

Except the Zito/Longoria one ;)
And the Papelbon/Tulo one
And the Votto/bench strength one
And...
Oh nm, they all suck

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that about sums it up

Ok, how did you quote just part of Phil's post? And I still haven't figure out how to post images. :::grumble:::

But i've got the smiley's down pat! :whoo:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in fairness, without details, who's to say what's fair or not. I offered Varrys S.Castro or J.Heyward for Taveras and he rejected me! (The nerve!!) Those would seem insanely lopsided without included costs/ league dynamics :)

Except the Zito/Longoria one ;)
And the Papelbon/Tulo one
And the Votto/bench strength one
And...
Oh nm, they all suck

Lol, almost forgot, that is a good point. A lot depends on a person's team needs and what is valuable to them.