• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Trade Kershaw?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure some of you guys might do fantasy baseball as well. Normally I wouldn't ever entertain the idea of moving Kershaw. But it's a roto league so his value is diminished slightly compared to a H2H league. The guy has a roster crunch and said he would give me 2-3 SP's from this list. My team really does need more SP's. His team is in 1st place with 126 points while my team is in 4th with 95.5. We keep 30 players each year. I would cut Bundy and Carter to make room. Thinking a combination of Darvish, Cole and one of the last 4 guys for Kershaw? What do you guys think?

Pitchers he's willing to trade
Darvish, Arrieta, Cole, McCullers, Matz, Nola, Martinez

My current roster

C - Norris
1B - Freeman
2B - Rendon
3B - Frazier
SS - Lindor
LF - Marte
CF - Harper
RF - Eaton
UT - Rizzo
UT - Mazara

Bench - Joseph, Fielder, Carter, Walker, Harrison, Arcia, Moncada, Brinson, Stanton

SP - Kershaw
SP - Strasburg
RP - Kimbrel
P - DeGrom
P - Velasquez
P - Rondon
P - Jansen

Bench - Pineda, Archer, Bundy, Harvey, McHugh, Taillon, De Leon, Espinoza, Glasnow

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know what... I don't like this trade for you...

he is actually giving you good players... but you are in 4th place, so why get worse?? and those pitchers he is giving you, unless you take arrietta, are all question marks...

And problem with arrietta is that he is older than the rest... Kershaw is still young and a damn good keep for a while...

I would hope Archer and Harvey come back to what they can be...

If you do decide to make the trade, Arrietta is a must....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. Not a chance.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at it as getting more stats. But I would be giving up the best player. The reason I can't compete with the top teams is my lack of SP. They can roll out a lot more than I can. I'm in the bottom half of the league in Wins, K's and Quality Starts. Every other category i'm near the top half of the league. So I would get better adding 3 SP for 1 SP. But at the loss of giving up the best SP in baseball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at it as getting more stats. But I would be giving up the best player. The reason I can't compete with the top teams is my lack of SP. They can roll out a lot more than I can. I'm in the bottom half of the league in Wins, K's and Quality Starts. Every other category i'm near the top half of the league. So I would get better adding 3 SP for 1 SP. But at the loss of giving up the best SP in baseball.

I have had a great deal of success in baseball leagues making deals like this. The key is getting enough back.

If you can get Arrieta and Cole, you should do it. Why not try for McCullers or Nola as a throw in?

Kershaw is the best, but if the price is right, you should make the deal. Just make sure you get everything you want, because Kershaw is that good.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The chances of deGrom, Harvey and Archer turning it around are good enough for me. Cole is too erratic. Darvish is an injury risk. McCullers and Martinez are good, but not consistent enough. Not worth turning Kershaw into Arrieta and a bunch of sometimes.

You have enough hitting to package Archer, Velasquez, McHugh with to upgrade your arms.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more questions

Is there an innings maximum??
Are you daily roster moves or weekly roster moves??

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No maximum limits. Which is really the major issue with competing with the top teams. I took the orphan over prior to the draft this year. I stashed Glasnow, Taillon, De Leon and Espinoza. Then I traded for Archer about a month ago for Peds. The full trade had included Moncada going his way and Jose Fernandez coming my way. But the league made a stink and veoted it. I have to think some of the top teams were part of the problem. Not wanting a team close to them getting good enough to really compete. Daily rosters as well.