• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blockbuster Trade! Thoughts?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my team is currently in 1st place in my 12-team league. There are 3 divisions of 4 teams and the 3 division leaders make the playoffs along with 1 wildcard team. I am 15 games ahead of the 2nd place team in my division. My pitching has been fairly consistent and I have the top base-stealing team along with a decent team when it comes to runs scored. ESPN standard 5X5 categories by the way. The area where I have struggled most is HR's and I am also in the bottom 1/3 of the league in RBIs. So I decided I would trade away a pitcher for some power. The guy I traded with is currently 3rd in his division (different division than me) and is 6 games back of the wildcard spot. This was my team before the trade:

C Derek Norris,
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B !Pablo Sandoval! (traded away and I received with Evan Longoria)
SS Jean Segura
2B/SS Jose Altuve
1B/3B Adam LaRoche
OF Adam Jones
OF Matt Holliday
OF Josh Harrison
OF Lucas Duda
OF !Denard Span! (traded away and I received with Nelson Cruz)
UTIL Chase Headley
Bench Coco Crisp
DL Evan Gattis*
DL Shane Victorino*

PITCHERS
P Clayton Kershaw
P Madison Bumgarner
P !Anibal Sanchez! (traded away and I picked up Jose Quintana who was a FA)
P Koji Uehara
P Steve Cishek
P Tyson Ross
P Francisco Rodriguez
P Henderson Alvarez
P Francisco Liriano
Bench Taijuan Walker
Bench Jesse Chavez
DL Josh Beckett*, LAD SP DL15Recent News

I traded away Anibal Sanchez, Pablo Sandoval, and Denard Span for Nelson Cruz and Evan Longoria. This left me with one open spot on my roster so I added P Jose Quintana. So my new team has Quintana instead of Anibal Sanchez, Longoria instead of Sandoval, and Nelson Cruz instead of Denard Span.

What do you guys think?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade for you... it does hurt your rotation, but makes your offense so much better... Although I am not high on nelson cruz, even though he has been amazing... I would beware of the injury bug, since both players you got spend much time on the DL in their careers...

You did give up pitching, but you can pick up non flashy names like Tanner roark, mike leake or even phil hughes...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anibal is not the same pitcher as 2013. Good trade. Two upgrades for an above average pitcher... can't go wrong.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade but lost all motivation to comment any further after I read Jose Quintana was available on waivers :L