• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Call in Super Bowl History?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us you don't understand the catch rules of the NFL without telling us you don't understand the catch rules of the NFL. That was no where close to being a catch, it was one of the easiest calls in the entire game.
I don't acknowledge bullshit rules that conflict with reality. sorry. you live in fantasyland.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't acknowledge bullshit rules that conflict with reality. sorry. you live in fantasyland.
Nope. You don’t know or understand the rule. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't acknowledge rules as they are written. He had two of the three factors that determine a catch, you need all 3. He had two feet down and possession, he did not complete a football move. You are either blind, stupid, or both.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) in the field of play, at the sideline, or in the end zone if a player, who is inbounds:
a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

The one in question here would have been "turn upfield." Sanders had his shoulders square to Hurts as he received the ball and square upfield when he was hit.

But according to the rule Sanders would have had to turn upfield AFTER touching the ground with both feet. He turned upfield AS he was coming down and got popped the instant his left foot touched the ground.

Would have been nice for Bolton, and I was disappointed, but the call was correct per the rule.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's total bullshit.
It was at least borderline IMO, much like Goedert's catch. For that catch, I would've liked a freeze frame of when he got control to see if that first foot was still down.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You don’t know or understand the rule. You have no clue what you’re talking about.
Not to pour salt in the wound to your loss man, but I'm hoping in the next couple days my team will be announcing the hiring of your Offensive Coordinator.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with all calls against the Eagles and disagreed with all calls that went against the Chiefs.
I feel the same way. The refs in this game were not as bad as I have seen in past Superbowls. I can't look at this game and say oh that team got hosed and they lost because of the refs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pour salt in the wound to your loss man, but I'm hoping in the next couple days my team will be announcing the hiring of your Offensive Coordinator.
He’s a great coach. Good luck.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst officiating in history belongs to the Seahawk/Steeler superbowl.

As far as this. It was incomplete.
If this was in the endzone. You would call that a Touchdown?
I would not. Therefore easy answer of Incomplete. (but I was rooting for it to be a fumble)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don’t get how anyone doesn’t think that was the right call. Had Mahomes not thrown that way the refs weren’t throwing the flag but you can’t “just let them play” when it is a one on one, all by themselves on that side of the field.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on your first two but the last one...

He clearly impeded the WR. Would he have made the catch? We'll never know but he would've been a hell of a lot closer. That's why I think it was the right call. It looked awkward. I think it easily knocked him 2 strides of his route.

One of the ladies I work said it was a "tap". I said two grown men weighing 200lbs each going full speed don't "tap" each other. It was just enough to mess up his timing route.

I was more pissed that I felt like they weren't calling false starts. And the Chiefs seemed to commit/get away with the bulk of those.

Good game IMHO. First one I've watched in its entirety in a while.

America is raising a bunch of lunk headed conspiracy theorists. I work at an elementary school and whenever the game was brought up I'd have two or three kids scream the "GAME WAS RIGGED! THE REFS LOVE MAHOMES!"... I know they are simply parroting their parents... but still these little paranoid idiots grow up and vote...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the ladies I work said it was a "tap". I said two grown men weighing 200lbs each going full speed don't "tap" each other. It was just enough to mess up his timing route.

I was more pissed that I felt like they weren't calling false starts. And the Chiefs seemed to commit/get away with the bulk of those.

Good game IMHO. First one I've watched in its entirety in a while.

America is raising a bunch of lunk headed conspiracy theorists. I work at an elementary school and whenever the game was brought up I'd have two or three kids scream the "GAME WAS RIGGED! THE REFS LOVE MAHOMES!"... I know they are simply parroting their parents... but still these little paranoid idiots grow up and vote...
There was a jersery tug even before the bump, self admitted by the defender. That's why I think it looked so awkward a tug and then the collided.

God bless you. I wouldn't step close to any school these days.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a jersery tug even before the bump, self admitted by the defender. That's why I think it looked so awkward a tug and then the collided.

God bless you. I wouldn't step close to any school these days.

Thanks and you don't even know the half of it!

Our school was built for 750-800 kids. We have over 1,300. And they just keep building houses around us and no new schools. The two newest schools near us, both less than 4 miles away, have empty class rooms on each grade level hallway but they won't rezone.

And the parents and kids... sweet baby jesus...