• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did good down the stretch and in the playoffs. Looks like the Rangers will be using internal options at DH.
That's the right call. They've got Foscue (best bet to be the main DH IMO) Duran (was a .300 hitter first half before falling off. Only 25), Huff (when he's not playing catcher) and Langford (best bat out of the bunch but should be our starting LF) as viable options to DH, not to mention Crim has potential there, too.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are very close to that 4th tier, now.
They won’t pay luxury tax on all the deferred money they are paying Ohtani but they will still be up there

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was sarcastically responding to their doom and gloom

Don’t be a jackass. I didn’t say a damn thing about doom or gloom. Just stating a fact that they aren’t going to spend money in response to a post by Saddles.

You’re the last freaking guy that needs to be posting about someone else posting doom and gloom. You rank right up there with Jaar on that bullshit

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be a jackass. I didn’t say a damn thing about doom or gloom. Just stating a fact that they aren’t going to spend money in response to a post by Saddles.

You’re the last freaking guy that needs to be posting about someone else posting doom and gloom. You rank right up there with Jaar on that bullshit
Merry Christmas, Grinch

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas.
Can we take the high road, please?
And yes I understand we can get triggered by our opinions being questioned even sarcastically of what is going on.

Do think the luxury tax is a factor for this year I don’t think we are done but long term contracts are a factor due to Bally that may resolve on the 10th.
Still do expect to add some but my bet is after this hearing and some things happen just before or even during spring training

Not much movement for many teams as well

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I understand we can get triggered by our opinions being questioned even sarcastically of what is going on.
Yeah, there are good ways and bad ways to question others about their opinions. I get the idea that deep down some folks feel they have to attack an opinion they don't agree with, so strongly, because they feel like they are actually talking the front office out of being talked into that opinion. Lol. It almost seems as if they feel if they swat it away hard enough, it won't come to pass.

Disagreements are fine, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed if cordial, sincere discourse is the goal.

We are all guilty of that at times, but it makes for a much better board if we attempt to not do so.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are good ways and bad ways to question others about their opinions. I get the idea that deep down some folks feel they have to attack an opinion they don't agree with, so strongly, because they feel like they are actually talking the front office out of being talked into that opinion. Lol. It almost seems as if they feel if they swat it away hard enough, it won't come to pass.

Disagreements are fine, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed if cordial, sincere discourse is the goal.

We are all guilty of that at times, but it makes for a much better board if we attempt to not do so.
Thankfully, the chief trouble-maker in this area, over the last year, has moved on to greener pastures.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIGNED: #Rangers have signed RHP Diego Castillo to a minor-league contract.