• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series 2023 Thread Texas Rangers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks October 27 - November 4

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they have moved Garver to catcher and put someone else at DH. I don’t want to see Hedges bat ever again.
No if they moved Garver to catcher they lose the DH and the pitcher bats

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could but you lose thr DH to the pitcher
That what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Thanks. Why they keep putting him on the playoff roster is ridiculous. I keep hearing because he’s good for the locker room and bench. Make him a coach. Those swings he took last night were awful. DT could have done better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what I thought, but wasn’t sure. Thanks. Why they keep putting him on the playoff roster is ridiculous. I keep hearing because he’s good for the locker room and bench. Make him a coach. Those swings he took last night were awful. DT could have done better.
You must have seen me play. lol

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiss defense and pitch calling is why they keep him

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiss defense and pitch calling is why they keep him
Is he really calling pitches, or is the dugout doing it. I still rather have Huff, who at least has a chance to get a hit. Hedges looked like he was going to swing strike or not. The few times I’ve seen him play doesn’t seem like his defense is that great. His bat last night was a big moment in the game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really calling pitches, or is the dugout doing it. I still rather have Huff, who at least has a chance to get a hit. Hedges looked like he was going to swing strike or not. The few times I’ve seen him play doesn’t seem like his defense is that great. His bat last night was a big moment in the game.
I’m not arguing I’m just stating what the team said when they chose to send Huff down. They chose Hedges for his defense and his handling of the pitchers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pathetic. Pitchers choose what pitch they want. That is why you see them shaking them off if they don't like the sign

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pathetic. Pitchers choose what pitch they want. That is why you see them shaking them off if they don't like the sign
Now there using that telcom device. I doubt if he’s calling anything.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there using that telcom device. I doubt if he’s calling anything.
Most of the calls are from the catcher the pitcher have receivers in the cap. Only the best get to call their on pitches

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PitchCom is a device worn by pitchers, catchers and up to three other fielders that helps to relay pitch information between the players. One player — typically the catcher, but sometimes the pitcher — has a device that transmits the call for both the pitch and location, and everyone connected has a device that reads to them the call.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Silver is mainly known for being a political polster. He also fancies himself as baseball knowledgable. and has written a few things in that area. He is way off center with this stupid comment. How many professional basketball, football, hockey, and soccer teams make the playoffs with poor records? How about NCAA Basketball with over 64 teams in the tournament? The NCAA Football Tournament is what Silver wants. A group of athletic direstor excecutives go in a backroom and decide who can be allowed to be one of the very few teams in that tournament. Undefeated teams are left out and sometimes two loss teams get in. Why because the power conferences get their way and it is about TV ratings and MONEY. The bottom line EVERY SINGLE BASEBALL TEAM knew before the season started what rules existed and who would be allowed in the playoffs and who would not. I feel no sadness at all for Atlanta, the Dodgers, the Phillies, and especially the cheating Astros. They and all the other playoff teams just came up short. That is life. I am 68 and have watched this team since it began in Washington DC. Everyone of you knows much more about baseball than I ever will but I love the sport and the Rangers. Nate Silver should shut up and worry about his Political polling non-sense. The Rangers have far exceeded my hopes for this year. I see a bright future for an extended period.
You are right in our window has just opened and should stay open for a while.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewald just made it to easy for Corey. Dbacks had the win but stone cold Sewald couldn't finish it off this time! Dang!
Can't walk the #9 hitter. A Seager solo HR doesn't tie the game. Big mistake.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why a no hit catcher has no business being on a postseason roster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job keeping the LO hitters off base.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semien look sick at the plate