• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Working on a comprimise to reinstate Ray, Clyde, AC & RV

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Sick for you effort. Here's to the Niners hitting gold in the 2nd the 3rd rounds. (No pun intended).:suds:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will those guys even wanna come back though?

Can't blame them if they don't. Hammer and whoever else it could have been seemed to be on a power trip last night. A bit unnecessary if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure AC & RV would like to come back, but clyde & Ray? It's up to them. We already have SportsHoopla as a great place for us to talk shop about the Niners, so hopefully they will want to continue to be a part of it.

I don't agree with some of the tactics used last night by a bunch of people, but give Hammer credit for being willing to agree to let us try and patch things up when he didn't have to. I think he appreciated how tight knit the forum is, versus a lot of other forums where there isn't as much history.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I know Clyde was posting during the Draft and I thought Ray was as well.

I don't think Clyde got banned; just Ray. Clyde was only stripped of his moderator status because he was abusing his power.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if I can get reinstated...
Glad to hear Sick is a mod.
Good choice

Not me. I hope its not true. He has threatened me several times on this board. I hope he doesn't get any power because I refuse to take any shit from him.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will those guys even wanna come back though?

Can't blame them if they don't. Hammer and whoever else it could have been seemed to be on a power trip last night. A bit unnecessary if you ask me.

Exactly what I saw. Along with Toby trying to stir the pot and make it about him.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I hope its not true. He has threatened me several times on this board. I hope he doesn't get any power because I refuse to take any shit from him.

Calm down and put the emergency rations away; Sick said he wouldn't ban anybody without giving Hammer the final say. You are safe.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I saw. Along with Toby trying to stir the pot and make it about him.

Bullshit. I was the only voice of moderation in the whole thread.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sick will be a good mod. I've always kinda defended you but it's time for you to be an actual fan. Your gloom and doom is what people don't like. We have had one of the best teams in recent memory. Honestly, we should have at least two Super Bowls in the last three years but we don't, for whatever reason. You are safe but don't troll your own board, bro. That's not going to work for you anymore. Sick will go through Hammer but if a multitude of our board support it, people are going to get displaced. Don't let it be you, man.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick will be a good mod. I've always kinda defended you but it's time for you to be an actual fan. Your gloom and doom is what people don't like. We have had one of the best teams in recent memory. Honestly, we should have at least two Super Bowls in the last three years but we don't, for whatever reason. You are safe but don't troll your own board, bro. That's not going to work for you anymore. Sick will go through Hammer but if a multitude of our board support it, people are going to get displaced. Don't let it be you, man.

Then they need to grow up. It takes all kinds. To say I'm not "an actual fan" is nothing short of ludicrous though.
Thanks for the warning, but I'll continue to be me, otherwise it won't be interesting for me. If I get banned I will miss this place and will have certainly enjoyed myself and will simply move on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can appreciate your position. The acid test will be to see if Sick bans people he doesn't like as opposed to banning people that deserve it. My guess is he is above banning people he doesn't like.

Reminding him that you won't take any shit from him isn't exactly a great way to try to start new. Maybe you don't want to start new, but my point is to always give someone enough rope to hang themself and sit back to see if he ties his own noose.

That Sir, is your call.
Besides, you are a pretty tough nut and I suppose you can defend yourself adequately. That is a compliment even though it may not sound like one.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for trying to work things out, Sickness. Hoping for the best.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never looked at Toby to be anything but a 9er fan. He is vocal when he disagrees with decisions made upstairs. As long as he has a foundation for his argument (and I think he usually does) he should be allowed his voice. Maybe I read him wrong, but his concerns have a lot of validity to me. He calls it as he sees it whether it ruffles feathers or not.
Then again, I'm probably out to lunch on this, as usual.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is better with those guys on it, so I hope you are successful Sick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board was such a great place early on. It was such a great place to escape when the trolling over ar ESPN became unbearable. The posts were so good I enjoyed just reading threads and didnt feel compelled to post

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never looked at Toby to be anything but a 9er fan. He is vocal when he disagrees with decisions made upstairs. As long as he has a foundation for his argument (and I think he usually does) he should be allowed his voice. Maybe I read him wrong, but his concerns have a lot of validity to me. He calls it as he sees it whether it ruffles feathers or not.
Then again, I'm probably out to lunch on this, as usual.

With all due respect Uhsplit, you don't have the background and history with Toby that we unfortunately do. The vitriol he receives is 100% warranted.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. I was the only voice of moderation in the whole thread.

Anyone that feels the need to announce they are the only voice of moderation is really only listening to themselves.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So things went to total shit today here, but I'm working on a compromise with Hammer to reinstate everyone who was banned including Ray.

I'm constructing a letter & working on getting it to them ASAP, and I'll update everyone as soon as I hear back. I'm hoping to put all this mess behind us & get back to watching the Niners kill it in round 2 of the draft tomorrow!

Stay tuned. I'll let you know regardless as soon as I hear anything.

Was AC banned?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A thread asking where Ray, clyde, imac and pozz were at on draft day disseminated into something ugly and some people were banned. Hammer, the owner of SportsHoopla, agreed to an arrangement where if yesterday's stuff doesn't spill over to today, clyde, Ray, AC, RVnight, and possibly others, will only receive temp bans because Sickness offered to watch the board and convince former mods Ray & clyde to play ball without yesterday/the past being brought up again.

Yesterday got REALLY ugly, and it was thought best to delete/hide the aforementioned thread because it wasn't helping anyone.

And the cover-up begins. :nod:

Looks like I dropped out of that thread at the right time....