• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods Cheated on the 1st Hole

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just that, he's responsible for the rash of classless, clueless, assholes that now infest most public golf courses.

Please - I have heard this from people I know & I claim BS. A huge part of this is the emergence of golf within the media & subsequent promotion of the game encouraging people to play more often. I really see nothing wrong with it. It is up to the marshals (if they are around) to police the course & reign anyone in if they truly get out of line. If you don't like it - pay a few more $$ to play a high end or private course - chances are you won't see most of these type of people at those courses.

I just laugh at golf snobs like yourself. You sound like the type that only believe certain people should play or be allowed to play at certain places. Some folks even take it to the level that only certain types of people should watch the sport. Glad to hear that you have such a high opinion of yourself.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat similar. You act like a bitch, I treat you like a bitch......but don't worry, I'll let you handle his balls.

You really need to grow up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please - I have heard this from people I know & I claim BS. A huge part of this is the emergence of golf within the media & subsequent promotion of the game encouraging people to play more often. I really see nothing wrong with it. It is up to the marshals (if they are around) to police the course & reign anyone in if they truly get out of line. If you don't like it - pay a few more $$ to play a high end or private course - chances are you won't see most of these type of people at those courses.

I just laugh at golf snobs like yourself. You sound like the type that only believe certain people should play or be allowed to play at certain places. Some folks even take it to the level that only certain types of people should watch the sport. Glad to hear that you have such a high opinion of yourself.

I don't know. Just about every one of them claims Tiger Woods as his favorite golfer or the only golfer they know. Usually one of the first things where I can tell whether I've been paired with a good guy or not is if his favorite player is Woods.

As far as being a golf snob, no, Idon't think so. I'll play with anybody as long as they follow the ettiquette of golf on the course and behave in a manner that I find acceptable. I will say though that groups like the Masters and the folks at Muirfield have a right to decide who should be in their clubs. If they don't want women or minorities, so be it. Its their club.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand the hatred for Tiger. So he cheated on his wife with someone hotter. Who here hasn't? So he throws fits when he hits a bad shot. Who here hasn't done that? Tiger gets a bad rap.

Lamest fucking response in this thread... :yahoo:

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat similar. You act like a bitch, I treat you like a bitch......but don't worry, I'll let you handle his balls.

Who do you like better, Tiger or Barry Bonds.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point. However - can every golfer who makes the on-course type complaints about Tiger honestly say that they don't curse or get angry in the presence of say kids or women? They may try, but I will bet you that quite a few of them lose it at times. Again - Tiger still does some of this but to me it appears that this type of behavior has subsided quite a bit over the years. I am also guessing that as his kids start growing up he will modify this behavior somewhat.

I never quite understood people making that big of a deal over things like this when we live in an era where kids can find the worst type of things on phones, PCs, TV, etc & will find a way to access it in spite the best of efforts of parents & others.

I've seen some rants, old footage of Tommy bolt...lol.
The cussing bothers me, but not a great deal...I cuss playing golf, but would be less likely to drop an f bomb playing with people Idk.

It's just another character flaw...we all have them at some level. But for someone that already doesn't like him...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Daly was probably the first to bring the crazies to golf galleries...they certainly grew with Tiger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say though that groups like the Masters and the folks at Muirfield have a right to decide who should be in their clubs. If they don't want women or minorities, so be it. Its their club.

I think if you're a private club, you should be able to determine who can be a member of the club...when said club wants to host and profit from an event involving the public at large, I think the membership should reflect the public at large.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you're a private club, you should be able to determine who can be a member of the club...when said club wants to host and profit from an event involving the public at large, I think the membership should reflect the public at large.

The ones who profit are the networks. The Masters is a private tournament by invitation only. They know they've got the best thing going in sports and I would not be surprised if they refused TV coverage if threatened again just like they did when that crazy bitch Martha Burke tried to have all the sponsors and CBS boycotted..

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to comment on this particular post....

I am a hater, I freely admit it. I can't stand his behvior on the course and the way he treats people. He's an arrogant prick in my opinion and I dislike him immensely.

Because this post is what is driving the Toby Bus...

I'll start here: I agree with you.

1) I agree to the point that he is arrogant. So was Hogan; So was Jordan; So was Muhammed Ali; Hell even Babe Ruth was an asshole. Point is, there is somehting in the genes of those assholes that allows them to be great. Even Jack was rooted against at first. He was a young cocky kid who smoked and beat the beloved Arnie (much like Tiger did to Phil, (absent the smoking)).

Hell, I played against Tiger. Allbeit, only once - but I played against him. We were in an invited only national tourny for juniors (17). We were playing putting games the on the practice green with a couple others, and I remember him saying over and over when he had a 3-4 footer: "I don't miss these." Cocky -yes; Arrogant - Yes. Did he miss one? - No! And he won the tourney by a large margin with a triple on the 10th hole.

I agree with you:

2) I agree that he is an asshole for the way he treated his wife and family. Totally agree. However - you never really know somebody unless you know them. A great example earlier in another thread was how everyone thought Feddy Couples was a great person. The dude is a pervert to the highest degree. So there you go.

** This is why I keep it to golf. I love golf. Tiger has been not only good, but GREAT, for the game of golf. He has single handidly grown the game that we love. There are more kids playing the game now because of him. He has been great for the game - and I have the ultimate respect for him for that.

:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just that, he's responsible for the rash of classless, clueless, assholes that now infest most public golf courses.

So you mean yourself.

Only thing this thread shows is your hatred for a player and childish comments. That sums it up, douche

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) I agree to the point that he is arrogant. So was Hogan; So was Jordan; So was Muhammed Ali; Hell even Babe Ruth was an asshole. Point is, there is somehting in the genes of those assholes that allows them to be great. Even Jack was rooted against at first. He was a young cocky kid who smoked and beat the beloved Arnie (much like Tiger did to Phil, (absent the smoking)).

Hell, I played against Tiger. Allbeit, only once - but I played against him. We were in an invited only national tourny for juniors (17). We were playing putting games the on the practice green with a couple others, and I remember him saying over and over when he had a 3-4 footer: "I don't miss these." Cocky -yes; Arrogant - Yes. Did he miss one? - No! And he won the tourney by a large margin with a triple on the 10th hole.

I agree with you:

2) I agree that he is an asshole for the way he treated his wife and family. Totally agree. However - you never really know somebody unless you know them. A great example earlier in another thread was how everyone thought Feddy Couples was a great person. The dude is a pervert to the highest degree. So there you go.

** This is why I keep it to golf. I love golf. Tiger has been not only good, but GREAT, for the game of golf. He has single handidly grown the game that we love. There are more kids playing the game now because of him. He has been great for the game - and I have the ultimate respect for him for that.

Good post. :suds:

Golf has forever changed bc of this one man.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you:

Good points but he has brought the wrong element into golf. I remember back in the 70s and 80s saying, "you never meet a guy on the golf course who is a dick". You definitely cannot say that today. You are as apt to meet a dickhead as a good guy nowdays. I attribute this to the "Tigerization" of golf. Tell me, were you not sickened by the non stop 24 hour gushing by the golf channel idiots about Woods' 61 last Friday? The golfing experience has changed and that small group of us who understood how beautiful the game is are now not alone on the course. We share it with every Tom, Dick and Harry who have no respect for the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you mean yourself.

Only thing this thread shows is your hatred for a player and childish comments. That sums it up, douche

See what I mean? This fool is the epitome of the trash that Woods has attracted to the game.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying into the idea that if people are dicks on a golf course, it's Tigers fault. How can it be? I played a round with the old man last month in 104 degree weather. It was hot. When I finished a hole and made my way to the next tee box, there was a water cooler so I decided to fill my water bottle. Some asshole comes flying down to the team box yelling "emergency". We looked at him and he told my old man that he was in front of him to get water. Of course my dad said, sure. Then he said to me, "hey buddy, don't take all the water". I told him "whatever". He said, "hey, I am only joking, don't be an asshole". So I got in his face and told him to go fuck himself. Long story short, he drove off cursing and raising hell calling me names blah blah blah. My old man said, I guess he didn't like your comment. All it did was cause me from shooting a 41 on the front to a 48 on the back. I didn't care what he said to me, I just didn't like the fact that a younger guy than my dad treated him like shit and he was above everyone just because he ran out of water, beer or whatever the hell he was drinking. My dad didn't deserve and and golf doesn't need it either.

Because this guy was an asshole and way out of line, I don't blame Tiger. I agree with the earlier comment, if you don't want to deal with the BS, pay more and go to a better course. However, there are assholes at private courses too, just not as many as public courses.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying into the idea that if people are dicks on a golf course, it's Tigers fault. How can it be? I played a round with the old man last month in 104 degree weather. It was hot. When I finished a hole and made my way to the next tee box, there was a water cooler so I decided to fill my water bottle. Some asshole comes flying down to the team box yelling "emergency". We looked at him and he told my old man that he was in front of him to get water. Of course my dad said, sure. Then he said to me, "hey buddy, don't take all the water". I told him "whatever". He said, "hey, I am only joking, don't be an asshole". So I got in his face and told him to go fuck himself. Long story short, he drove off cursing and raising hell calling me names blah blah blah. My old man said, I guess he didn't like your comment. All it did was cause me from shooting a 41 on the front to a 48 on the back. I didn't care what he said to me, I just didn't like the fact that a younger guy than my dad treated him like shit and he was above everyone just because he ran out of water, beer or whatever the hell he was drinking. My dad didn't deserve and and golf doesn't need it either.

Because this guy was an asshole and way out of line, I don't blame Tiger. I agree with the earlier comment, if you don't want to deal with the BS, pay more and go to a better course. However, there are assholes at private courses too, just not as many as public courses.

That's exactly what I'm talking about and I agree with you that it is a result of today's society where young people feel they are owed something. It just seems to stand out more to me on the golf course because the game is based on honor and gentlemanly conduct. That has been its history but it has changed. I believe that people who see Tiger Woods act like an asshole on the course then feel like it is acceptable for them to do it as well. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say "Well, Tiger does it, why can't I?"

I'm glad you stood up for your dad but I believe your dad did the right thing by letting it go. A very wise boss of mine once told me when I askd him why he let our CEO yell at him without returning fire told me "if someone walks up and sees two people face to face yelling at each other they don't know who the asshole is, but if only one is screaming they know for sure". I've always tried to remember that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't that the truth! The self entitlement of the uber rich and the way they treat the staff at such courses sickens me.