• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods Cheated on the 1st Hole

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a ton of people out there like Toby. I personally just can't understand it.

Yep & to assume that other golfers & athletes besides Tiger are not like this is completely naive. I can see rooting for other golfers but having this deep seated hatred for someone that you don't know personally (& didn't commit some major crime) does not make sense to me. Oh well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give credit where credit is due. He can back up his talk by producing wins. If that makes him an asshole, heck, every person who plays sports would fall under this category.

Yep. To be honest - if I were even a top 100 golfer who gets to travel the world, stay at 4 star hotels, eat at the best restaurants, have women throwing themselves at me, get tons of free equipment AND make millions of dollars then YES I would feel like I am better than other people. It is only human nature. Despite the constant stoner smile & high fives to the crowd I am pretty sure that Mickelson also feels that he is better than most people.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give credit where credit is due. He can back up his talk by producing wins. If that makes him an asshole, heck, every person who plays sports would fall under this category.

I don't like the way he treats people or the way he conducts himself on the course. I hate that big shit eatin' grin he has on his face when he plays well and the scowl and smart ass answers he gives when he played poorly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. To be honest - if I were even a top 100 golfer who gets to travel the world, stay at 4 star hotels, eat at the best restaurants, have women throwing themselves at me, get tons of free equipment AND make millions of dollars then YES I would feel like I am better than other people. It is only human nature. Despite the constant stoner smile & high fives to the crowd I am pretty sure that Mickelson also feels that he is better than most people.

He is.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the way he treats people or the way he conducts himself on the course. I hate that big shit eatin' grin he has on his face when he plays well and the scowl and smart ass answers he gives when he played poorly.

I can see where you are trying to go with this. I don't agree with or condone his behavior on the golf course (throwing clubs or pounding them into the crowd or cursing around kids). What he does with or to his wife (cheating) is between him, her and the man upstairs. He paid the price for it and has to live with it through his kids for the rest of his life. If he does it again, well I guess he didn't learn anything. I have heard he doesn't like signing autographs either. Maybe this is because he would prefer to get money or he is really focused on playing (there is a time and place to ask). I know he doesn't like people asking him stupid questions such as reporters, but who can blame him. I would give a smart ass comment back too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where you are trying to go with this. I don't agree with or condone his behavior on the golf course (throwing clubs or pounding them into the crowd or cursing around kids). What he does with or to his wife (cheating) is between him, her and the man upstairs. He paid the price for it and has to live with it through his kids for the rest of his life. If he does it again, well I guess he didn't learn anything. I have heard he doesn't like signing autographs either. Maybe this is because he would prefer to get money or he is really focused on playing (there is a time and place to ask). I know he doesn't like people asking him stupid questions such as reporters, but who can blame him. I would give a smart ass comment back too.

Not me. I'd handle it with a little dignity and grace. Although I will say I would not have stood there while the Masters Chairman scolded me about my off course behavior like Woods did. I'd have told him to fuck off and mind his own business.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is up by 9 and on his way to an easy win.

Let me guess, he cheated. :laugh3:

Congrats on hating The #1 ranked golfer. Let me guess you hate Lebron too, bc he is the best. :clap:

I don't equate hatred of Tigger to that of LBJ. It's more along the lines of hating Kobe or Worthessburger. People still hated Tigger when he wasn't the best. Some people do hate LBJ just because he is so good. Most people hate Tigger because he is a POS of a human being & piss-poor sport. :finger:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't equate hatred of Tigger to that of LBJ. It's more along the lines of hating Kobe or Worthessburger. People still hated Tigger when he wasn't the best. Some people do hate LBJ just because he is so good. Most people hate Tigger because he is a POS of a human being & piss-poor sport. :finger:

You must have a pretty short term memory, Most people (at least until very recently) didn't hate LaBron simply because "he is so good". They (myself included) hated him since he came of as a pompous ass with that whole "The Decision" spectacle and the subsequent guarantee of 8 championships. In hindsight even LaBron admitted he handled this wrong.

Subsequently - I give lots of credit to LaBron for how he has conducted himself & worked so hard. To be fair - Tiger has also worked very hard to get to his current point as World #1 & (while admittedly he has not totally changed) he has significantly cut down on the temper related outbursts on the course (which I really don't care too much about since it happens on a golf course).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me get this straight - you have major issues with Tiger for thinking he is above everyone else yet you think this is totally acceptable for Mickelson? Whatever you say. Again - to believe that one or two golfers on the tour are then only ones with attitude & other issues is very naive. Your beloved Mickelson is probably not as pure as you believe that he is.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf to me has just to many rules. How any golfer is suppose to remember every single little one is asking a lot. If you take a back swing up against a bush and clip a leaf your penalized. Rediculous.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is up by 9 and on his way to an easy win.

Let me guess, he cheated. :laugh3:

Congrats on hating The #1 ranked golfer. Let me guess you hate Lebron too, bc he is the best. :clap:

Yup. Bought his way to a championship. Didn't earn it. Can't stand the bitch.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There it is.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand the hatred for Tiger. So he cheated on his wife with someone hotter. Who here hasn't? So he throws fits when he hits a bad shot. Who here hasn't done that? Tiger gets a bad rap.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand the hatred for Tiger. So he cheated on his wife with someone hotter. Who here hasn't? So he throws fits when he hits a bad shot. Who here hasn't done that? Tiger gets a bad rap.

Me, on both counts. But to be fair, I've never met a hotter woman than my wife.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Tiger, but here are some reasons I think he has haters.

On the marriage stuff...cheating is pretty low on the totem pole I think...once he was busted, he flat out lied to us. Then it turns out that he didn't just have a weak moment...he was a complete whore. Me...okay the guy f'd up, bad...he can't walk on water, didn't feed 1000s with 2 loafs...blah, blah. The universal ass kissing from the media didn't help much either.

On course behavior...I've been in Tiger's galleries...so I know what it's like...distractions, assholes, etc. I also know nobody else has the camera on their round literally all the time. But...f-bombs, and GD this, etc when you know the mics are on you....find a better way to vent man...enough already?

He's turned into the corporate golfer...this is my biggest issue with Tiger. If you're not Jack, Arnie, or a major sponsor such as Wells Fargo, a WGC...good luck ever getting Tiger. At least the owner thought Tiger single handily killed the Sprint International in DEN.

In spite of these things he wins, and that might be the biggest reason...just tired of seeing the same guy dominate.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not me. I'd handle it with a little dignity and grace. Although I will say I would not have stood there while the Masters Chairman scolded me about my off course behavior like Woods did. I'd have told him to fuck off and mind his own business.

Would you handle it with the same dignity and grace that you have shown on this thread?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tiger, but here are some reasons I think he has haters.

On the marriage stuff...cheating is pretty low on the totem pole I think...once he was busted, he flat out lied to us. Then it turns out that he didn't just have a weak moment...he was a complete whore. Me...okay the guy f'd up, bad...he can't walk on water, didn't feed 1000s with 2 loafs...blah, blah. The universal ass kissing from the media didn't help much either.

On course behavior...I've been in Tiger's galleries...so I know what it's like...distractions, assholes, etc. I also know nobody else has the camera on their round literally all the time. But...f-bombs, and GD this, etc when you know the mics are on you....find a better way to vent man...enough already?

He's turned into the corporate golfer...this is my biggest issue with Tiger. If you're not Jack, Arnie, or a major sponsor such as Wells Fargo, a WGC...good luck ever getting Tiger. At least the owner thought Tiger single handily killed the Sprint International in DEN.

In spite of these things he wins, and that might be the biggest reason...just tired of seeing the same guy dominate.

I understand your point. However - can every golfer who makes the on-course type complaints about Tiger honestly say that they don't curse or get angry in the presence of say kids or women? They may try, but I will bet you that quite a few of them lose it at times. Again - Tiger still does some of this but to me it appears that this type of behavior has subsided quite a bit over the years. I am also guessing that as his kids start growing up he will modify this behavior somewhat.

I never quite understood people making that big of a deal over things like this when we live in an era where kids can find the worst type of things on phones, PCs, TV, etc & will find a way to access it in spite the best of efforts of parents & others.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you really want to blame Tiger for something I suggest it should be the fact that - for some reason - his presence & game basically started the wave of idiot fans who yell things like "Get in the Hole", "Mashed Potatoes" or "Baba Boey" after every tee shot, approach, putt, etc. These clowns are extremely annoying & this act has become so tired.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you handle it with the same dignity and grace that you have shown on this thread?

Somewhat similar. You act like a bitch, I treat you like a bitch......but don't worry, I'll let you handle his balls.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if you really want to blame Tiger for something I suggest it should be the fact that - for some reason - his presence & game basically started the wave of idiot fans who yell things like "Get in the Hole", "Mashed Potatoes" or "Baba Boey" after every tee shot, approach, putt, etc. These clowns are extremely annoying & this act has become so tired.

Not just that, he's responsible for the rash of classless, clueless, assholes that now infest most public golf courses.