• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the draft almost 2 and a half hours away

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I am looking at

I am not sure what will happen with my top picks. I may not draft Bell if I feel comfortable with what's there in round 1 when I pick. I will probably take Brown with the first pick.

My outlook is also to not look weak or average at bothe RB/WR positions, so it becomes important to have a solid receiving core or solid ground attack.

Personally the experts are doing everything they can to make you doubt CJ Anderson, DeMarco Murray. Someone's gonna hit in that 4/5 range at RB and with his ypc I'm not sure I can go for L Murray. Hyde is now hurt? That round has always been a crapshoot round for me as well as fifth.

The QB I am looking at on the higher tier is Wilson. Is Luck's oline gonna keep him upright? Brees just might be too much of a risk. And I am scared of drafting Carr without a backup qb. If I wait, I'm going for Cousins and getting Flacco near the end. I cannot be weak at both QB and RB. I will get Flacco as a QB2 regardless unless I pay up.

As for defense, my top streaming option for week 1 is jets. Colts are actually a decent dst and I may take them if I want a every week defense on my team starting most weeks. Minnesota was a option but they are now being taken higher. Giants look appealing, but raiders have scared me off. Those two can be gotten near the end. Can I go defense early? If any player I want gets snatched up before I pick in 8th round, I just may go after a good defense.

Streaming a kicker......I'm planning this and my option for week 1 is Crosby or Myers. Jags will be able to move the ball on GB but they won't outright torch them. Jacksonville's defense is supposed to improved but a team like GB is still getting in the redzone a few times. If I want to pay up here and draft a better kicker I will use my 11th or 12th on one. But don't think I will take a better kicker and defense both. But it would be nice to have a kicker who can score 10+ most weeks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense in round 8 is a terrible, terrible mistake.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna say best of luck, cuz you won't listen to, and even worse argue with, any advice given, so you go ahead and do what yer gonna do.

But your playing with guys who drop Sammy Watkins, so you'll be just fine

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just use at least yer first 4-6 rounds for BPA and use the middle rounds to fill where needed. Draft a K in the last round, and draft a D towards the end. Just a question: Do you remember or can you find out who you drafted in the 8th round last year??? In my keeper I drafted this guy named David Johnson there. I could have waited but I had traded a shit load of draft picks so I would have had to wait until the 11th and I wanted him.

Oh yeah, then I dropped him into the WW pile the week before CJ got hurt.........:doh:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love the plan to stream kickers, you will definitely catch your league off guard!

But then again, if a really really good kicker is available in the 11th round, hard to pass up!!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking last. So guess what, I have to get Bell with one of those two picks if he is there. It looks like the other pick is going to be a combination of Lacy, Charles, Robinson.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking last. So guess what, I have to get Bell with one of those two picks if he is there. It looks like the other pick is going to be a combination of Lacy, Charles, Robinson.
Have to? HAVE to? Gimme Charles and Robinson, don't have to do anything

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Allen Robinson
2.Le'veon Bell
3.Jeremy Maclin
4.Thomas Rawls
5.DeMarco Murray
6.Allen Hurns
7.Derek Carr
8.Tyler Lockett
9.Zach Miller
10.Ameer Abdullah
11.Christine Michael
12.Dwayne Allen
13.Vikings(jets were gone)
14.Tajae Sharpe
15.Jason Myers

RBs-Bell, Rawls, Murray, Abdullah, Michael
WRs-Robinson, Maclin, Hurns, Lockett, Sharpe

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Allen Robinson
2.Le'veon Bell
3.Jeremy Maclin
4.Thomas Rawls
5.DeMarco Murray
6.Allen Hurns
7.Derek Carr
8.Tyler Lockett
9.Zach Miller
10.Ameer Abdullah
11.Christine Michael
12.Dwayne Allen
13.Vikings(jets were gone)
14.Tajae Sharpe
15.Jason Myers

RBs-Bell, Rawls, Murray, Abdullah, Michael
WRs-Robinson, Maclin, Hurns, Lockett, Sharpe

Love the Bell pick. And Rawls. Like Allen and Abdullah's value. And I like Lockett. Everywhere else I would have gone elsewhere.

Glad to see you not go D early though!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was either Robinson or Hopkins if not Nelson for receiver. RB options were Charles, Lacy, and Freeman. Miller was taken before I picked so I did not need to worry about that. In 3rd/4th the other receiving options were Landry, Watkins, Baldwin among number 1 receivers. I trust Maclin's consistency and began to consider a tough schedule could affect Watkins some. I took Hurns in 6th just in case anything were to happen to Robinson. I was considering Kelce to go with Maclin in that spot. I did not like the receivers there, even though Moncrief was available as was Fitz. I just felt Murray was better value. Josh Gordon was taken seventh round two picks before I could get him. Vikings are a streaming option for week 1. Sharpe might end up the number one receiver. Andre Johnson is not gonna hold him off.

I'll look and see what's available on waivers and see what I should Sharpe for.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson & Maclin seem like reaches... Bell & Rawls are good picks. Not a fan of the rest of your draft at all...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is a reach?

Okay the WRs available are Steve Smith, Michael Thomas, Dorsett, Boyd, all of the titans starting receivers among startable options.

I can trade Robinson and Maclin if I have to. Who for?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Robinson isn't a reach... Hadn't done too many drafts, but the last couple I did had Robinson towards the top end. I think Romo's injury definitely helped Dez drop below A-Rob.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it this way, I have two solid RBs at least and believe Murray will get his so I actually have three. My running game is going to look better than last year's where Gurley and Ingram was all I could rely on until DWill became available. The team is certainly better than the originally drafted team I had last year where I had no receivers(they all ended up dropped). I'm thinking the real criticism is the Carr pick.