• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Win or lose in GB, this season is a success IMO

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Jarntt. Call me a homer I'm predicting a Cowboy win 30-27

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasn't expecting more than 6 wins this year, said 8-8 would be the best we could hope for. Our defense has been serviceable and our offense has been lights out. When it was clear we could make the playoffs, all I wanted was one win. I am hoping for a ring, but a PO win was the bar for what I would call a success this year.

Here's to hoping we roll into GB and win another, but I won't be calling for heads to roll if we lose.

:suds:

My guess was 8-8 as well. Totally surprised. GB will be tough, but not impossible. A few good draft picks and the "boys" are in the running for a Super Bowl soon.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck. Here's to a clean, entertaining game. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say this season is a success if we do anything other than win the Bowl; because you have to know now that Jerry is going to mortgage the future for the chance to win the next three years which IMO is Romo's window. This means restructuring possible contracts such as Romo's this offseason in an effort to create extra space or signing a player for to much money. Don't get me wrong there are a few contracts like Tyron Smiths contract that are fine to restructure, and there are players that we should go after. However we all know that when Jerry believes his team is right there he goes ALL in and I mean ALL in. I think we should continue to build this team the right way through the draft. Last time we went all in we signed Marion Barber to a contract he should've never seen, traded for Roy Williams WR, signed Roy for a contract he should've never seen, and drafted Felix Jones to be a life time back up in the first round. This set us back for years, these actions! There are no shortcuts when you build a dynasty, you draft well, keep the players that you can't replace, and draft and replace those you can. Sign a FA here and there to complement your team not star in it. Look even Seattle had to learn that again when they traded for Percy Harvin, let go of Golden Tate, and then signed Harvin. This hurt them, imagine a Hawks team with Percy Harvin and the draft choices they traded away for Harvin. I promise no one would be even in the same class as Seahawks if they kept to the plan and didn't go after the fools gold. Just my opinion but the only thing that will ease my mind for this offseason coming will be a Lombardy trophy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all is well Nets. Glad to see you state that not all restructures are smart and that going for the top free agents is not what this team should be doing. Hope you maintain that thought.

If we lose today it's going to hurt. Saying the season is a success to me is a reflection on how we will feel in a few weeks, not tonight. If Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl it is a total failure. That has been their goal all year and they've told everyone all year how they will do it. For Dallas it's different. Yes, we find ourselves in the final 8, but we also know how far this team has already come this year just to get to this point. We are still a flawed team on defense and there is a good chance that shows up somewhere between now and the end of our season. If we play well today and end up winning tonight, I don't see how any Dallas fan can't look back on this season and be very happy a few months from now. If we somehow make the Super Bowl and lose I'd definitely look at a Cowboy fan that didn't think it was a good year as one of the spoiled, entitled fans that show up once in a while from years back. Only one team wins the SB and I don't recall any rational fan thinking Dallas would be that one team this year. So don't confuse saying the season may have been a success with expecting or not being upset with a loss today.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I usually sAy it's Super Bowl or bust. I think when you get that chance to be in the playoffs that you have to cash in. This year is a little different though. I'm a homer and had us going 10-6 and winning the division- more than likely more wishful thinking than true belief. Hearing JJ at that luncheon saying uphill battle it really scared me. To go 12-4 though I never thought. I'm not sure what team in history could really go into Lambeau and Seattle in back to back weeks and then beat one of two best qbs to ever play in the Super Bowl. I do think a lot has been accomplished this year with the foundation and thought process of this team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It was a great season. Looking forwarded to them practicing running on 3-1 over and over again lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all is well Nets. Glad to see you state that not all restructures are smart and that going for the top free agents is not what this team should be doing. Hope you maintain that thought.

If we lose today it's going to hurt. Saying the season is a success to me is a reflection on how we will feel in a few weeks, not tonight. If Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl it is a total failure. That has been their goal all year and they've told everyone all year how they will do it. For Dallas it's different. Yes, we find ourselves in the final 8, but we also know how far this team has already come this year just to get to this point. We are still a flawed team on defense and there is a good chance that shows up somewhere between now and the end of our season. If we play well today and end up winning tonight, I don't see how any Dallas fan can't look back on this season and be very happy a few months from now. If we somehow make the Super Bowl and lose I'd definitely look at a Cowboy fan that didn't think it was a good year as one of the spoiled, entitled fans that show up once in a while from years back. Only one team wins the SB and I don't recall any rational fan thinking Dallas would be that one team this year. So don't confuse saying the season may have been a success with expecting or not being upset with a loss today.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I don't even know how I feel right now, honestly. If I was Jerry is say fuck everyone and sign Suh, JPP, Demarious Thomas, and AP to go with Dez and Co. However I know the smart thing to do is keep building this team the right way. I'm hurt right now honestly I am.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARGH, what a way to end the season.

REsign the key players, address the defense in the offseason, teach Sterling Moore how to tackle and hit the OTHER team and not Wilcox, and try again next year. Not sure what you can do about aMurray fumbling, just bad luck as far as I can tell. I will question the 4th and 2 deep throw all offseason, but it is what it is. The overturned call is being questioned, but that's the right call. Knew it as soon as it happened...that was not going to stand.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Jerry brings back Dez, Murray and JG. The offense is a beast
On D, there are positives, but this group needs some major upgrades. First and foremost is an edge rusher or two. The Cowboys had what, 28 sacks this year? Hands down the biggest problem. A few guys stepped up, Crawford looks like a stud, and Lawrence had a nice final month. The LB's look like the strength of the team, Lee, Hitchens, Carter, maybe McClain or Durant. Carr played better the last month, Sterling Moore is a player, as is Scandrick. The safeties are horrible IMO, Church is adequate at best, Wilcox is a straight up bust. D is a good 3-4 players away, but they could make a big jump with the right moves

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

REsign the key players, address the defense in the offseason, teach Sterling Moore how to tackle and hit the OTHER team and not Wilcox, and try again next year. Not sure what you can do about aMurray fumbling, just bad luck as far as I can tell. I will question the 4th and 2 deep throw all offseason, but it is what it is. The overturned call is being questioned, but that's the right call. Knew it as soon as it happened...that was not going to stand.

I question that too and yes I would say that even if the catch stood. Live to see another play on 4th down is how I look at it unless it is wide open and it was not. Great throw, great "catch", but not worth the risk we took on IMO.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great year. The eagles thought they were in control of division and got their butts kicked. Cowboys finally played well and the investment in ol paid off. A big difference was having Linehan calling plays. Marinelli had very little to work with. So you add a ball hawk in the back end and add a pass rusher and resign mcclain and durant. A healthy Lee and McClain would be a great combination. McClain was a beast until he got dinged up. Make Carr take a pay cut or he can leave and we can replace him with a FA that will produce.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Linehan stay or has he taken another job