• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Win or lose in GB, this season is a success IMO

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasn't expecting more than 6 wins this year, said 8-8 would be the best we could hope for. Our defense has been serviceable and our offense has been lights out. When it was clear we could make the playoffs, all I wanted was one win. I am hoping for a ring, but a PO win was the bar for what I would call a success this year.

Here's to hoping we roll into GB and win another, but I won't be calling for heads to roll if we lose.

:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way heads roll. I think even the most loyal Cowboys fan didn't expect more than 8 wins once Lee went down. On the contrary, I think Jerry brings the O back intact, gets Lee back and drafts D, and will be a major player next season. It might need to be one Hell of an encore if they play their best ball the next week or two

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way heads roll. I think even the most loyal Cowboys fan didn't expect more than 8 wins once Lee went down. On the contrary, I think Jerry brings the O back intact, gets Lee back and drafts D, and will be a major player next season. It might need to be one Hell of an encore if they play their best ball the next week or two

If we are able to get the O back and then focus on D in rounds 1-3, and then later rounds as well (saving the 4th for a young QB) then I'm more than happy!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasn't expecting more than 6 wins this year, said 8-8 would be the best we could hope for. Our defense has been serviceable and our offense has been lights out. When it was clear we could make the playoffs, all I wanted was one win. I am hoping for a ring, but a PO win was the bar for what I would call a success this year.

Here's to hoping we roll into GB and win another, but I won't be calling for heads to roll if we lose.

:agree:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing with house money.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a lot of fun. Aside from the fact that they've made the playoffs and won a game, they for the most part avoided the heart attack games they've been known for the past few years. The past 3-4 years even when they won it came down to the wire. How many one score games, win or lose, did we have to endure all those years? It was nice to see them win and win comfortably this season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are able to get the O back and then focus on D in rounds 1-3, and then later rounds as well (saving the 4th for a young QB) then I'm more than happy!

don't forget that we lost our 6th rounder.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the team has exceeded expectations. But in no way will I be pleased if the Cowboys lose to GB. Super Bowl or bust every year is how I look at it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the team has exceeded expectations. But in no way will I be pleased if the Cowboys lose to GB. Super Bowl or bust every year is how I look at it.

I won't be pleased, but I won't be mad.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep offense intact. Use 1st round pick on dl if possible but would not mind another stud on ol if no decent defenders are on the board. I do agree with ford that this season has been a success. I found it promising that lawrence came through in the end. I may be wrong about him. That sack was a clutch play that I have not seen since Haley was a de. Team not all that far away. Loved how Wilcox took on tates attempted block yesterday

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys this team has surprised us all year long, all I have to say is GreenBay better not sleep on Dallas.
This is no give me game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The OL is a bright spot on this team. The Cowboys are now built for future success.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys this team has surprised us all year long, all I have to say is GreenBay better not sleep on Dallas.
This is no give me game.
Aaron Rodgers is nursing a gimpy calf which may limit his effectiveness.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is nursing a gimpy calf which may limit his effectiveness.

True, but he's had two weeks to prepare and he still dismantled Detroit's defense on one leg.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0 on the road so I don't think there is any drop off in confidence on the team heading into GB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all along we had as good of a shot at the division as anyone else. I'm not the least bit surprised we won it or that our defense was around league average after the decimating injuries from the year before and the expected ability to run the ball better than past years. What shocks me is 12-4. I still can't believe we did that. I wouldn't have believed 11-5 would be possible, let alone 12-4. Also, how about how Carr and Scandrick played this week? I know Calvin and Tate had decent games, but Tate didn't do much after the first play and that was against Church and Wilcox and Calvin was as much of a non-factor as Calvin could be in a big game against our secondary.

I agree the season is already a success, not just based on our wins, but how we won those games. This is a different team and that has shown itself over and over this year and never more so than this past week. I don't expect us to beat GB, but I know that it can be done.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all along we had as good of a shot at the division as anyone else. I'm not the least bit surprised we won it or that our defense was around league average after the decimating injuries from the year before and the expected ability to run the ball better than past years. What shocks me is 12-4. I still can't believe we did that. I wouldn't have believed 11-5 would be possible, let alone 12-4. Also, how about how Carr and Scandrick played this week? I know Calvin and Tate had decent games, but Tate didn't do much after the first play and that was against Church and Wilcox and Calvin was as much of a non-factor as Calvin could be in a big game against our secondary.

I agree the season is already a success, not just based on our wins, but how we won those games. This is a different team and that has shown itself over and over this year and never more so than this past week. I don't expect us to beat GB, but I know that it can be done.

This whole season has been a pleasant surprise.

Carr's game on Sunday against Megatron was very respectable. He made some big plays, was an active tackler, and didn't make many mistakes that I could see. Possibly his best game as a Cowboy?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but i'm not going to lie I found myself screaming to fire JG and the OC because we abandoned mainly in the first half what got us to this point. Running the ball and playing smash mouth football. I get Detroit is amazing against the run, but sometime you have to line up and do what you do best. If Murray and Randle don't combine for 30 carries we lose this game period.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but i'm not going to lie I found myself screaming to fire JG and the OC because we abandoned mainly in the first half what got us to this point. Running the ball and playing smash mouth football. I get Detroit is amazing against the run, but sometime you have to line up and do what you do best. If Murray and Randle don't combine for 30 carries we lose this game period.

Good to see you back

I hope we can do that with the play calling in the GB game. Worried that if we let Rodgers get up early he keeps pouring it on...