• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Willie, Waylon, or Merle?

Willie, Waylon, or Merle?

• Willie

• Waylon

• Merle

Results are only viewable after voting.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie, Waylon, or Merle? And Why?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waylon... I just always liked his music.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. I got Willie. I have listened to him more than the other two. Waylon is my second choice.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was a big fan of Willie.
Liked Merle a lot.
But Waylon just had the songs I liked the most.

One of my favorites.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this one...

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to be said about leaving your fellow country royalty in awe...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merle had the voice. Range, vibrato. Listen to some of his early works. There are a couple of clips on youtube where he does DEAD ON singing impersonations of Marty, Johnny and others, in their presence. It blows everyone away. I saw him live in the 80s and 90s and each time he would do an impersonation or two. I think I have most of his cds.

Here is a good example of range and vibrato in Merle's voice

Willie is also a favorite and I have many of his recordings He really found his voice in the 70s and 80s when he added some vibrato to it. .

I have no Waylon cds. Maybe a song here or there maybe with a duet.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just listed my 3 favorite singers of all time, but Waylon is my favorite of all time.

Waylon to me had the perfect voice, and he did so much for the artist having control of their music only to have the gooberdicks today sucking the record label's dick. Waylon was talented on many different instruments. He didn't write as many songs as the other two, but quality over quantity.

Merle is the biggest badass in American music history IMO. He was in attendance for Johnny Cash's concert at San Quentin. He wrote Me and Crippled Soldiers Give a Damn, bought himself out of his contract when his record label wouldn't release it, released it independently and donated every dime he made to Wounded Warrior, and I saw him just last year and he sounded as good as ever. Hope he recovers from his bout with double pneumonia.

Personally I consider Willie to be the best songwriter of all time. And he's a hell of a guitar picker with one of the most unique voices of all time. Him teaming up with Waylon helped both of their careers take off and together they started the Outlaw movement.

Reactions: GNG

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just listed my 3 favorite singers of all time, but Waylon is my favorite of all time.

Waylon to me had the perfect voice, and he did so much for the artist having control of their music only to have the gooberdicks today sucking the record label's dick. Waylon was talented on many different instruments. He didn't write as many songs as the other two, but quality over quantity.

Merle is the biggest badass in American music history IMO. He was in attendance for Johnny Cash's concert at San Quentin. He wrote Me and Crippled Soldiers Give a Damn, bought himself out of his contract when his record label wouldn't release it, released it independently and donated every dime he made to Wounded Warrior, and I saw him just last year and he sounded as good as ever. Hope he recovers from his bout with double pneumonia.

Personally I consider Willie to be the best songwriter of all time. And he's a hell of a guitar picker with one of the most unique voices of all time. Him teaming up with Waylon helped both of their careers take off and together they started the Outlaw movement.

Plus Waylon no showed his own HOF induction. Always loved him for that as well.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion. Kristofferson is a close second.

He's had a solid career, and has written some decent tunes over the years....but "best of all time" ??
You might just want to reconsider that one, dude...personal opinion or not.

KK a close 2nd????

Okay, put down the bottle and move back from your device....lol

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a solid career, and has written some decent tunes over the years....but "best of all time" ??
You might just want to reconsider that one, dude...personal opinion or not.

If I like his songwriting better than anyone else, then to me he is the best of all time. It really is that simple. If he's not who you consider to be the best, that's fine.

Reactions: GNG

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As great of a songwriter as Willie was/is, he also has possibly my favorite remake of all time.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I like his songwriting better than anyone else, then to me he is the best of all time. It really is that simple. If he's not who you consider to be the best, that's fine.

I can name literally dozens and dozens of others who are actually better song writers than Willie Nelson..I mean even Hank Williams was better..... but I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can name literally dozens and dozens of others who are actually better song writers than Willie Nelson *in my opinion..I mean even Hank Williams was better *in my opinion..... but I'm just gonna leave it at that.

FIFY