• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Campell trade effect TW's value?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens got C.Campbell for a 5th!!!!
The circumstances are certainly different but does this lower what teams will offer for Trent???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Trent Williams getting moved isn't just compensation but his insistence upon getting paid what he believes he's worth.

When you add to any potential contract all monies lost during last year's sit out, no team will pay for Washington's screw up/ mishandling. So unless he and his team decide to drop those demands or a team pays that cost and give our negotiated compensation demand, Trent could be headed for another inactive season.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with Trent Williams getting moved isn't just compensation but his insistence upon getting paid what he believes he's worth.

When you add to any potential contract all monies lost during last year's sit out, no team will pay for Washington's screw up/ mishandling. So unless he and his team decide to drop those demands or a team pays that cost and give our negotiated compensation demand, Trent could be headed for another inactive season.
I'm certain his demands are making it hard to find any deal however, a 2nd for TW's is a deal for any team. Trent likes him some Trent as we have seen at times.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain his demands are making it hard to find any deal however, a 2nd for TW's is a deal for any team. Trent likes him some Trent as we have seen at times.

I don't fault Trent for anything that he's done with respect to capitalizing his earning potential. Now it will be a mistake retroactively if he's unable to recoup some, if not all lost wages from the sit out/ medical situation.

Looking back, that hard line employed by this organization failed. Renegotiating Kerrigan's contract (if true) because they want him to finish his career here and hold the position of player for life, seems rather shallow compared to locking down protection on the blind side of your young developing QB(Again, if true).

Perhaps the more important contract negotiation should have been with #71 not # 91.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how this would benefit TW? I guess he would rather sit out a year and then try to get 20 million per year?

I am not saying he is sabatoging the trade but it makes no sense for he and his agent to tell teams to come and get him with a draft pick THEN pay him more money then any LT in the league?

Something is out of place here? I don't think he is trying to screw over the Skins but if the hang up is indeed teams not wanting to trade THEN pay him 20 million a year, I am not sure what he and his agent are doing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how this would benefit TW? I guess he would rather sit out a year and then try to get 20 million per year?

I am not saying he is sabatoging the trade but it makes no sense for he and his agent to tell teams to come and get him with a draft pick THEN pay him more money then any LT in the league?

Something is out of place here? I don't think he is trying to screw over the Skins but if the hang up is indeed teams not wanting to trade THEN pay him 20 million a year, I am not sure what he and his agent are doing.

It's really pretty simple, their first stop was Washington, where Bruce/Dan refused to redo his contract. Not accepting NO, everything else followed. This is why Bruce was able to say confidently that he knew the real story. Of course he did because he was involved in it.

How difficult it is to understand that 100% of all players are going to want a really good final contract? How difficult it is to understand that every team in the league when faced with this issue, either signs a new contract with their players or move on without them, by trading for assets that help the team going forward. (See: Kirk Cousins and the missed opportunity to get San Francisco's 1st round draft pick, #2 overall)

Well, it's pretty evident that neither Bruce nor Dan were able to grasp these very basic realities of NFL business life.The result being where we are with Trent and to a lesser degree, Kerrigan.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really pretty simple, their first stop was Washington, where Bruce/Dan refused to redo his contract. Not accepting NO, everything else followed. This is why Bruce was able to say confidently that he knew the real story. Of course he did because he was involved in it.

How difficult it is to understand that 100% of all players are going to want a really good final contract? How difficult it is to understand that every team in the league when faced with this issue, either signs a new contract with their players or move on without them, by trading for assets that help the team going forward. (See: Kirk Cousins and the missed opportunity to get San Francisco's 1st round draft pick, #2 overall)

Well, it's pretty evident that neither Bruce nor Dan were able to grasp these very basic realities of NFL business life.The result being where we are with Trent and to a lesser degree, Kerrigan.

I understand but the problem is:

1. Skins aren't going to pay him 20 million
2. Teams are clearly backing away from any trade as they do not want to give up a pick plus sign him to the 20 million contract

In other words, a team is not going to trade for him then give him what he wants. He is sinking his own ship by demanding an absurd amount of money. Perhaps he is content sitting out yet another season and then a team would not have to trade for him?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but the problem is:

1. Skins aren't going to pay him 20 million
2. Teams are clearly backing away from any trade as they do not want to give up a pick plus sign him to the 20 million contract

In other words, a team is not going to trade for him then give him what he wants. He is sinking his own ship by demanding an absurd amount of money. Perhaps he is content sitting out yet another season and then a team would not have to trade for him?

I know that turning back the clock is a useless exercise, but let me ask, why is it so easy to decide to renegotiate Kerrigan's contract and not have given that same consideration to Trent at the time?

Did they learn a lesson with Trent that they are now employing with Ryan? It all seems,so silly, but hey, somebody got something for taking a hard line with Williams.
Screwed, ... appears to be the consensus for all sides.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that turning back the clock is a useless exercise, but let me ask, why is it so easy to decide to renegotiate Kerrigan's contract and not have given that same consideration to Trent at the time?

Did they learn a lesson with Trent that they are now employing with Ryan? It all seems,so silly, but hey, somebody got something for taking a hard line with Williams.
Screwed, ... appears to be the consensus for all sides.
brucifer botched the whole damn thing