• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will SU's Jerami Grant Go Pro

Will Jerami Grant go Pro

• Yes - He's a first round pick.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes - But he goes in the second round.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - But he will become a huge bust.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No - He is not ready and knows it.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerami Grant (Sophomore) is being projected as first round pick. I'm not sure if that is the case this second, but for a while, he was creeping up in the mock drafts.

What do you folks think he should do?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting yes on Jerami Grant to go pro. My thoughts are he'll go in the first round and sign a nice contract.

But he is lacking in a couple of areas. He doesn't have good ball handling skills. And he's mid range jumper is more often a clank than a swish. But overall, I think the NBA wants him and will take him now and will work him hard on those areas.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he is not ready and you know what's up at Syracuse better than most, so maybe he goes. Looks like Ennis will leave and that will be a major loss as Cooney can not play point guard. Not sure if he can shoot worth a damn either.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he is not ready and you know what's up at Syracuse better than most, so maybe he goes. Looks like Ennis will leave and that will be a major loss as Cooney can not play point guard. Not sure if he can shoot worth a damn either.

lol.....I'm such a homer.....I would say about 90% of the planet was a better judge of SU than I this year.

And you're saying Jerami will return. Wow. That would be huge for SU. I believe the Grant family has money...his uncle played with the Bulls....so I don't think finances will come into play in the decision as much as it would for a kid who's family has nothing.

I hope your are right.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His uncle is Horace Grant? Why can't you just say his uncle is Horace Grant?

Now, on to the topic...OF COURSE HE'S LEAVING. DUHH!!!! He's a bust, though. So is Ennis.

Good luck to them.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, on to the topic...OF COURSE HE'S LEAVING. DUHH!!!! He's a bust, though. So is Ennis.

Good luck to them.

By now pretty much everyone knows his uncle. It's been discussed by the talking heads. I could have included all sorts of semi-relevant family history but I didn't feel like putting together a biography. Reference his Uncle playing in the NBA, there are arguments on both sides to support Jerami's decision to go pro or not. So I didn't find the additional reference required.

On him being a bust...there's a vote option for that. Shit....if it's not too much an effort, can you put up a vote?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant and Ennis are both top 20 picks and eventually both could be very good NBA players but they both could use one more year of college basketball. Ennis needs to work on his jump shot and learn to be more aggressive early in games and Grant needs some work on his mid range jumper. Kramer once again you prove how much of an assclown you really are by considering I recall you posting that the Bearcats and Orange had nothing to worry about with there offense tournament time and you were proven wrong so go troll somewhere else. C.J. Fair will struggle in the NBA Im afraid. Most likely drafted in the 2nd round and some of his shots in the last 10 games of the year just looked terrible. Jonvi trust me I didnt want to say I told you so about this team but I told you so and it will be interesting to see this team next year.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now pretty much everyone knows his uncle. It's been discussed by the talking heads. I could have included all sorts of semi-relevant family history but I didn't feel like putting together a biography. Reference his Uncle playing in the NBA, there are arguments on both sides to support Jerami's decision to go pro or not. So I didn't find the additional reference required.

On him being a bust...there's a vote option for that. Shit....if it's not too much an effort, can you put up a vote?

Michigan has had a lot of NBA player pedigree blood running around as of late. They've all been encouraged (some have no better choice really) to stay in school. Uncle Horace (with that dreaded uncle title even) should be preaching the same thing. The NBA is stocked with D-League players that came out too soon.

I doubt even Ennis wants to end his collegiate career on that note. I think they both have a C.J. Fair chance in returning. :suds:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did vote

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck to them.

Or he could just say his father is Harvey Grant, who also had a long career in the NBA.

Jeremi Grant should stay, but probably won't.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has had a lot of NBA player pedigree blood running around as of late. They've all been encouraged (some have no better choice really) to stay in school. Uncle Horace (with that dreaded uncle title even) should be preaching the same thing. The NBA is stocked with D-League players that came out too soon.

I doubt even Ennis wants to end his collegiate career on that note. I think they both have a C.J. Fair chance in returning. :suds:

As usual....a very solid post.

The one thing I'm holding onto is hoping his family will encourage him to stay and enjoy college. But...man if I wanted that money now and I knew going now would net me $$millions$$, I would go.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a good chance pops and uncle are broke. Might wanna consider that.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant and Ennis are both top 20 picks and eventually both could be very good NBA players but they both could use one more year of college basketball. Ennis needs to work on his jump shot and learn to be more aggressive early in games and Grant needs some work on his mid range jumper. Kramer once again you prove how much of an assclown you really are by considering I recall you posting that the Bearcats and Orange had nothing to worry about with there offense tournament time and you were proven wrong so go troll somewhere else. C.J. Fair will struggle in the NBA Im afraid. Most likely drafted in the 2nd round and some of his shots in the last 10 games of the year just looked terrible. Jonvi trust me I didnt want to say I told you so about this team but I told you so and it will be interesting to see this team next year.

I'm very interested in next years team too. That's what got me putting the Ennis and Grant thread up. Right now, my opinion is without Grant and Ennis, next year's SU will struggle much more.

Agree on Fair. He was a great player for SU though it didn't end the best.

Kramer is Kramer.

And yes. You were right on how this team was going to end.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking forward to seeing guys like Patterson, Johnson and Roberson getting minutes next season. McCollough coming to Syracuse as well. Hopefull Ennis and Grant come back but I likely doubt it and the PG position will have to be addressed.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU always has the recruits coming in so replacing guys is not usually that much of an issue. More to the point , Grant will leave and Ennis probably will too. Ennis is projected as a top 10 pick , Grant later in the 1st. Personally I don't see Grant as being remotely close to being ready for serious NBA minutes. Every part of his game needs to improve significantly not to mention he needs to put on some weight. Right now he gets eaten alive in the NBA. Ennis is closer to being ready but wish he would stay for another yr. We'll see.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU always has the recruits coming in so replacing guys is not usually that much of an issue. More to the point , Grant will leave and Ennis probably will too. Ennis is projected as a top 10 pick , Grant later in the 1st. Personally I don't see Grant as being remotely close to being ready for serious NBA minutes. Every part of his game needs to improve significantly not to mention he needs to put on some weight. Right now he gets eaten alive in the NBA. Ennis is closer to being ready but wish he would stay for another yr. We'll see.

Grant is very athletic and can play above the rim. He needs to get a little stronger and work on his mid range jumr but that goes for Ennis as well. Ennis doesnt shoot the ball well and could use a little more strength when receiving contact in the lane. Neither of them are ready at this time but eventually down the road I see them both being solid NBA players. I dont think Grant would get eaten alive but who really knows?

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaleb Joseph as well has game. Got some good recruits coming in.

He will run point if Ennis is gone but still get some good minutes if Ennis stays.

Mcullough has a good chance at ending up a star over the long run, same with Roberson.
McCullough will get good minutes, same with Roberson.

Patterson will sneak in a bit cus Cooney blows.

BACK TO THE THREAD

Grant must have a 28 waist size he's tiny, he's not ready for the NBA with his one spin move and the lack of a jump shot. He doesn't even go up too strong he always falls because he fades from the basket.

If he goes, HUGE BUST, heard it here.

Edit: Ennis needs to work on his shot too, beef up a little more and continue to show the ability to be aggressive.

Both are not ready. If they go they won't play guaranteed.