• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Coward James Be On The Bench Tonight?

Will James be on the bench

• Yes. Of course. Hes the ultimate teammate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No way. Whiteside might dunk on him.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Yes, but on crutches.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a joke.
Warriors have Klay, Durant, Curry, Green.
They could play 4 on 5 and still win.

James is James and he has 2 other all stars. 51 win team though. We shall see.

Rockets have prob league MVP and play a 48 minute run and gun game, so a C is not that important.
They aren't winning shit though.

Spurs have Khawi and play as good as team ball as there is. They find ways to get production from their bigs.

Celts cant win... Why? Answer NO SIZE.

Wizards have Wall/Beal and they get decent play from their bigs.

Fuck off.

So basically you said you don't need a dominate center to win in today's game bc that's what I heard LOL

No, the Celtics haven't won so far bc they don't have a superstar. Thomas has played great this season so we will see and bc they have to go through Lebron and Cavs every year ---- the main reason.

A dominant center is always great to have but with the elite teams it isn't mandatory to win and we have seen that the last couple years, even when the Spurs won recently - TD was a dominant center but still a really good player that protected the rim. The only thing elite teams need from a center is a rebounder/defender, decent around the hoop and a rim protector. Times have changed no doubt.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not paying Mozgov $16 mil a year LMAO. I would much rather pay TT that bc he is a more valuable asset to the team, even if he is overpaid as well
yes 16 was insane but don't you think he'd taken less for amother championship

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you said you don't need a dominate center to win in today's game bc that's what I heard LOL

No, the Celtics haven't won so far bc they don't have a superstar. Thomas has played great this season so we will see and bc they have to go through Lebron and Cavs every year ---- the main reason.

A dominant center is always great to have but with the elite teams it isn't mandatory to win and we have seen that the last couple years, even when the Spurs won recently - TD was a dominant center but still a really good player that protected the rim. The only thing elite teams need from a center is a rebounder/defender, decent around the hoop and a rim protector. Times have changed no doubt.

I agree with this except the Celts part.
They are way to small and Horford is like a poor mans Bosh.

However, the NBA started long before 2010, when James decided he needed annual super teams.
As long as there are super teams that have 3-4 TOP players who aren't centers, of course they will be fine.
The new CBA probably ends the run of super teams after the next X amount of years.

One thing that will never change is that you can't teach size.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not completely because he made a difference in the finals

You are right.

When the Warriors went small, he was the reason the Cavs couldn't compete. Total liability on defense in that matchup. He couldn't score enough to make up for the defensive end. In the game that he scored 28, the Dubs won by 21.

Mozgov is the one player most responsible for the birth of the "Death Lineup", or at least the hype surrounding it.

He did play well in 3 games though. Not his fault he couldn't guard Draymond or Iggy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this except the Celts part.
They are way to small and Horford is like a poor mans Bosh.

However, the NBA started long before 2010, when James decided he needed annual super teams.
As long as there are super teams that have 3-4 TOP players who aren't centers, of course they will be fine.
The new CBA probably ends the run of super teams after the next X amount of years.

One thing that will never change is that you can't teach size.

The game is more about guard play than ever before though, and traditional post up guys aren't coming back anytime soon. Jordan's Bulls were really the first modern team to win without an above average center, but since then many teams have followed suit.

As the league goes to more and more pick and roll and 3 point shooting teams, big man play will continue to be deemphasized.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously- even when the Heat won there centers where a bunch of shit bags for the most part.

as anyone with a brain can clearly see- the best teams in the league do not pay their centers or use their centers as their main guys---- its just not worth it in todays game.

better to invest and spend your cap space on other positions- i mean- if you can get a Shaq- go for it....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right.

When the Warriors went small, he was the reason the Cavs couldn't compete. Total liability on defense in that matchup. He couldn't score enough to make up for the defensive end. In the game that he scored 28, the Dubs won by 21.

Mozgov is the one player most responsible for the birth of the "Death Lineup", or at least the hype surrounding it.

He did play well in 3 games though. Not his fault he couldn't guard Draymond or Iggy.
Yeah in those first three games the Cavs couldnt compete but the Cavs came back and they did shit down the Warriors and .Mozgov made that difference. Now I'm a bit confused as to why everyone in keeps telling me the .Lakers paid .Most of way to much money when I agreed with that from the beginning. He might not be much better than a scrub but I'm just saying the Cavs won a title with him and they havent yet without him. Perhaps LeBron can win with just anyone but he hasn't done that YET

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah in those first three games the Cavs couldnt compete but the Cavs came back and they did shit down the Warriors and .Mozgov made that difference. Now I'm a bit confused as to why everyone in keeps telling me the .Lakers paid .Most of way to much money when I agreed with that from the beginning. He might not be much better than a scrub but I'm just saying the Cavs won a title with him and they havent yet without him. Perhaps LeBron can win with just anyone but he hasn't done that YET

It is seriously stretching the truth to say that the Cavs won a title with Mozgov. He played a total of 24 minutes in the Finals, most of which in garbage time. He played 12 minutes in the game 2 blowout loss and 4 minutes total in games 4-7.

If he were not on the Cavs roster last year, the result would have been exactly the same. He had zero impact.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is seriously stretching the truth to say that the Cavs won a title with Mozgov. He played a total of 24 minutes in the Finals, most of which in garbage time. He played 12 minutes in the game 2 blowout loss and 4 minutes total in games 4-7.

If he were not on the Cavs roster last year, the result would have been exactly the same. He had zero impact.
He made critical blocks that stopped the Warriors shots and even if he did it one time like Robert Horry did for the Lakers, then he contributed. Once you change one player, you are changing the chemistry

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously- even when the Heat won there centers where a bunch of shit bags for the most part.

as anyone with a brain can clearly see- the best teams in the league do not pay their centers or use their centers as their main guys---- its just not worth it in todays game.

better to invest and spend your cap space on other positions- i mean- if you can get a Shaq- go for it....

Exactly because as I said, 3 of the top players in the world united.
When you have that, and only 5 guys play at a time, you can get by with role players at other positions.
I also said there was basketball before 2010 and will be again once these super teams come to an end.

Are you telling me the Cavs couldn't be as good or better with Whiteside replacing Love?
Warriors could't win with Whiteside instead of Klay?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many horrible big contracts were thrown to guards and forwards last summer?
How is that better use of cap space?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made critical blocks that stopped the Warriors shots and even if he did it one time like Robert Horry did for the Lakers, then he contributed. Once you change one player, you are changing the chemistry

4 minutes in 4 games.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many horrible big contracts were thrown to guards and forwards last summer?
How is that better use of cap space?
What else are you going to do though if you have only used 65% of the space you have to give it back to the players or sign another player. Makes more sense to sign another player -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, however I do not agree that LeBron is a coward for not playing to night in the event that is his or his coach's decision. That is simply smart business.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else are you going to do though if you have only used 65% of the space you have to give it back to the players or sign another player. Makes more sense to sign another player -

Sign a player or 2 one 1 year deals then try again next year.
It's never a good idea to overpay a player for multiple years.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign a player or 2 one 1 year deals then try again next year.
It's never a good idea to overpay a player for multiple years.
That's where Jim Buss went wrong in my opinion. I understood the need to have some veterans as mentors and be fillers until they developed, but two horrible four year contracts was insane. That is most likely what sent Jeannie Buss over the edge with her firing orders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Derek Fisher 1.6 seconds to send the Lakers to the Finals - Without that shot the Spurs would have went.

Yes, but Fisher started and played most of the game.

Mozgov only played in garbage time. He only got like 6 minutes in the game Love missed. He never saw the court in the two close games (5 and 7). Your argument doesn't make any sense at all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Fisher started and played most of the game.

Mozgov only played in garbage time. He only got like 6 minutes in the game Love missed. He never saw the court in the two close games (5 and 7). Your argument doesn't make any sense at all.
You're missing my point. The point is while he didn't play a lot of minutes, and was not worth 16 million a year, he did contribute to the game and played some critical defense that made a difference. You take him out of the game and put some one else into the game who plays similar - May be you win still and Maybe you don't because you are changing rotation and the line up and the chemistry. At the worst Mozgov was a role player, but he still played an important role. If the Cavs had lost, then you think about making changes, but when you win a championship, I think it's important to keep everything intact and make as few change as possible. Everyone likes to talk about chemistry - that's part of it. I honestly don't think the Cavaliers look as good as they were last year, but I don't believe the Warriors look quite as good either. The finals will tell us what happens, but I think the Warriors will win it all.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
Im guessing his calf injury will require him to stay at the hotel or in locker room.
Pretty sure there wont be the coffee antics on the bench anymore.

Crying-Jordan-Heat-Logo-e1467900386138.jpg