• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilfork cut

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career why would he go to a loser. Notwithstanding the Jets being the Jets anyway. He's not dumb like Revis is.

Well at this point though he has 2 rings. While yes it sucks to go play for a loser if it were me I would go for the money. I've been to the top so now it is about setting myself and my family up as much as possible for the rest of our lives.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this point though he has 2 rings. While yes it sucks to go play for a loser if it were me I would go for the money. I've been to the top so now it is about setting myself and my family up as much as possible for the rest of our lives.
He has 3 offers rumored at $5mil/year. That is pretty close to what I expected we would pay him.
Wilfork just has to decide if he wants to play - and take the effective pay cut
I'm all for letting him go for $10.5 mil but at $5Million he is still able to play well at his position.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Vince will either sign with the Texans or come back to NE.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork signs with Texans

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to miss the big guy. Good move by both parties. Pats need to get pressure up the middle and big Vince just wasn't getting there anymore. Good luck we'll miss him as a run stopper and what he brought to the team and community. #75 next number to be retired by the Pats.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork will sign a two-year deal worth $9 million, including $5 million in guaranteed money, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......well,....he get's to reunite with a bunch of ex-pats,......aren't the Texans our "farm-league"....?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one pisses me off, more than Revi$. You mean to tell me NE could not sign him to this deal? Does BB really think he can't play anymore? This deal is very similar to Dockett's in SF. IDK...5 mil and you can't sign a guy who has been the leader of your defense for the past 7 yrs? The DT on the market now are not even close to Vince if you ask me. Something is off about this. He leaves the Texans with no deal and reports are they are out of it. 4 hrs later he signs with them? I am willing to bet he called NE and they either told him not thanks or they really low balled him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one pisses me off, more than Revi$. You mean to tell me NE could not sign him to this deal? Does BB really think he can't play anymore? This deal is very similar to Dockett's in SF. IDK...5 mil and you can't sign a guy who has been the leader of your defense for the past 7 yrs? The DT on the market now are not even close to Vince if you ask me. Something is off about this. He leaves the Texans with no deal and reports are they are out of it. 4 hrs later he signs with them? I am willing to bet he called NE and they either told him not thanks or they really low balled him.

Sounds a bit like the Wes Welker situation. Wes came back with the Broncos offer and they told him go fish.

Wilfork went for about what I thought he would on the open market with $5 million being what I thought. Texans are looking pretty darn stout on the DL for sure. Hard to see good players at the end of their career have to go elsewhere to finish. I hated watching Champ Bailey go to the Saints. Just doesn't seem right.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The timing stinks. He got an offer with Houston, wasn't thrilled called BB and he probably said good luck and thanks, if that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally i wanted him back,but now he is not,i kind of cant wait to watch him on that DL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a bit like the Wes Welker situation. Wes came back with the Broncos offer and they told him go fish.

Wilfork went for about what I thought he would on the open market with $5 million being what I thought. Texans are looking pretty darn stout on the DL for sure. Hard to see good players at the end of their career have to go elsewhere to finish. I hated watching Champ Bailey go to the Saints. Just doesn't seem right.
I was thinking the same but I was guessing NE wanted $4.5 - 5. As somebody already mentioned, sometimes veterans will take less somewhere else instead of being low-balled at home.
I don't think that was the case with Vince. I think Vince was satisfied with his career with NE and if he was done there, he took the job in Texas to help his old friends.....
(if you can't get what you want, you can do what you want)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to calm down and think rationally. Vince came back last year from a really serious injury and played well. Stop right there......Look at the three playoff games and watch him carefully. He was one worn down football player. Vince will be 34 and got a two year $10M contract. Bill Belichick through his tenure with the Patriots has always let a prime player go one year early rather than one year late. He's never been wrong going back to Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Wes Welker...........so why change that now? You love Vince Wilfork? Fine, but not everyone wants to carry a diabetic, 400 lb+, 34 year old defensive lineman with an injury history.

Believe me, I'm a diabetic, 260 lb, 65 year old with an injury history and even my wife is considering cutting me.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to calm down and think rationally. Vince came back last year from a really serious injury and played well. Stop right there......Look at the three playoff games and watch him carefully. He was one worn down football player. Vince will be 34 and got a two year $10M contract. Bill Belichick through his tenure with the Patriots has always let a prime player go one year early rather than one year late. He's never been wrong going back to Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Wes Welker...........so why change that now? You love Vince Wilfork? Fine, but not everyone wants to carry a diabetic, 400 lb+, 34 year old defensive lineman with an injury history.

Believe me, I'm a diabetic, 260 lb, 65 year old with an injury history and even my wife is considering cutting me.

Bummer..you're a bit too old to attend the veteran's combine.