• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wiggys Hopes and Dreams

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying that- the Heat's 2nd best rebounder last year was James Johnson.

he averaged a career high 4.9 rebounds- for 2nd best on the team.

I could see why- on a team like the Cavs- it would be near impossible for a guy to average 14 rebounds a game. When you have 3 of the top 15 rebounders in the league like Tristan, Love and LeBron- there are just not enough to go around.

I mean, Thompson averaged 9.2 rebounds per game, LeBron averaged 8.6 rpg, and Love averaged 11.1 rebounds per game. If you switched Love and LeBron with James Johnson and whatever combo of scrubs the Heat played at SF last year (Winslow before getting hurt, McGruder, etc. whoever)----- TT is going to average a LOT more than 9.2 rebounds per game.

When you are competing for rebounds with the pupu platter of Okaro White, Willie Reed, James Johnson, Derrick Williams, Rodny McGruder, Justice Winslow, Luke Babbit, and Udonis Haslem------ none of which are near above average players (let alone average players) it shouldnt be that difficult to pull down double digit boards.

its the kind of unit that allows James Johnson to have a career high in rebounds DESPITE playing with the "best" rebounder in the NBA.

plus, Utah took about 6 less shots per game than Miami as well.

Man I have nothing else for you. I suppose you can sit back and believe that Hayward, Diaw, Trey Lyles, and Joe Johnson are great rebounders and that Gobert overcame all that adversity to grab less than Whiteside and so now he is better at that somehow.

Gobert is a better player, but he is outmatched at rebounding.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would take Gobert without question, but I don't think the gap is all that large between the two. Whiteside is without question the better rebounder, but the couple of points for Whiteside are purely based on shot attempts. Gobert took a career high attempts last year and it was 2 less than Whitesides average.

This year will give us a much better comparison between the two I think, Gobert is going to have to have more focus on offense and I am willing to bet the results will be similar to Whiteside.

Head to head Gobert has the advantage, but it is close.
View attachment 166340

But Wiggy said Gobert was by far the clear better player. Gasp, you mean they're actually close?!?!?!?!?!

/end sarcasm

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying that- the Heat's 2nd best rebounder last year was James Johnson.

he averaged a career high 4.9 rebounds- for 2nd best on the team.

I could see why- on a team like the Cavs- it would be near impossible for a guy to average 14 rebounds a game. When you have 3 of the top 15 rebounders in the league like Tristan, Love and LeBron- there are just not enough to go around.

I mean, Thompson averaged 9.2 rebounds per game, LeBron averaged 8.6 rpg, and Love averaged 11.1 rebounds per game. If you switched Love and LeBron with James Johnson and whatever combo of scrubs the Heat played at SF last year (Winslow before getting hurt, McGruder, etc. whoever)----- TT is going to average a LOT more than 9.2 rebounds per game.

When you are competing for rebounds with the pupu platter of Okaro White, Willie Reed, James Johnson, Derrick Williams, Rodny McGruder, Justice Winslow, Luke Babbit, and Udonis Haslem------ none of which are near above average players (let alone average players) it shouldnt be that difficult to pull down double digit boards.

its the kind of unit that allows James Johnson to have a career high in rebounds DESPITE playing with the "best" rebounder in the NBA.

plus, Utah took about 6 less shots per game than Miami as well.

Fuck out of here. Steph outrebounded TT in the Finals. Tristan Kardashian's a bitch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I have nothing else for you. I suppose you can sit back and believe that Hayward, Diaw, Trey Lyles, and Joe Johnson are great rebounders and that Gobert overcame all that adversity to grab less than Whiteside and so now he is better at that somehow.

Gobert is a better player, but he is outmatched at rebounding.
i mean- yah...Miami as a team takes over 6 more shots a game- and the rebounding personnel after Gobert on Utah is a lot better than Miami's. pretty much exactly what I was saying

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA: Isaiah Thomas Trolls Former Teammate as He Promises Championship Ring in First Year at Cavs

IT is (a) in a contract year, (b) playing for the best team he has ever played for, (c) knows that he will be playing for that ring.

Like Irving a couple years ago- lets just hope that DROSE can hold down the fort for a month or two until IT is ready to role.

Getting Dwade would help too---- him and LeBron can of course make plays for other guys. Should be plenty of playmakers to

that- and I think we are going to see a hungry LeBron.

Its hard to win an MVP when you have a teammate scoring 25 points a game, and then have another teammate going for 18 and 10. It just really isnt that feasible.

This year though? We are gonna see The King go for that 5th MVP....which would tie him with Bird and Magic- COMBINED.

LeBron is gonna get his 5th MVP, gonna get his 4th ring this year. The Cavs never totally seemed to be on the same page, and hungry last year. Irving obviously had already made up his mind that he wanted his own team and to step out of the shadow of the King. I am sure there was a hangover from the previous year.

Now you add guys that are hungry. You get a super-motivated LeBron

Cant wait for this season to start. Should be fucking awesome!!!!!!

Ladies and gentleman, this is what we call being a blind homer. Don't be a blind homer.

That is all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck out of here. Steph outrebounded TT in the Finals. Tristan Kardashian's a bitch.
let me know when Whiteside averages a double double WICE during the NBA finals
thanks. lol

last time Whiteside was in the playoffs he got sent to the pine because Kemba Walker ABUSED him in the PnR.....and then in the next series he got hurt. AWESOME! lol.

Though the Hornets didn’t win last year’s series, they pushed Miami to seven in large part by running Kemba Walker off pick-and-rolls involving Whiteside over and over again. Walker averaged nearly 23 points per game in the series (up from his season average of just under 21) and Whiteside struggled with foul trouble

Whiteside can't defend the pick-and-roll well. The same goes for Amar'e Stoudemire. You see in the video above that Whiteside is dropped way back into the paint. Any decent screen by the Charlotte bigs on the play will result in a quality 3-point look coming off that pick. Whiteside is too slow to be able to react to taking away the shot and then recover to the paint where he's supposed to protect the rim.

He finished 3rd in the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year Award voting just weeks ago. But as the NBA Playoffs have unfolded for the Miami Heat, it's been clear that Hassan Whiteside has become a defensive liability.

A first round series against Al Jefferson and the Charlotte Hornets, and two games against Jonas Valanciunas and the Toronto Raptors have been able to expose some of the problems Whiteside has against big and physical players.

Kemba Walker ran this until he ran out of games to do so. And the Raptors are using it as their go-to play when the clock winds down. Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and Terrence Ross are all taking advantage of the fact the Whiteside refuses to really come out or even switch on a screen, and giving them an open mid-range jumper.

Whiteside typically comes out a bit, and then slowly floats back protecting the dump or lob pass back to Valanciunas on the roll. That's great, but it is continually giving those guys open mid-range shots. Miami, as a team, needs a better strategy here because the Raptors will eventually perfect this and work it to their advantage over and over.

Whiteside's inability to be more mobile on the PnR is hurting Miami's defense.

The overall numbers weren’t great. Walker scored 33 points on 24 shots. With Whiteside on the floor, the Hornets had an offensive rating of 120.1 – a number that would lead the league by a good margin

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me know when Whiteside averages a double double WICE during the NBA finals
thanks. lol

last time Whiteside was in the playoffs he got sent to the pine because Kemba Walker ABUSED him in the PnR.....and then in the next series he got hurt. AWESOME! lol.

Though the Hornets didn’t win last year’s series, they pushed Miami to seven in large part by running Kemba Walker off pick-and-rolls involving Whiteside over and over again. Walker averaged nearly 23 points per game in the series (up from his season average of just under 21) and Whiteside struggled with foul trouble

Whiteside can't defend the pick-and-roll well. The same goes for Amar'e Stoudemire. You see in the video above that Whiteside is dropped way back into the paint. Any decent screen by the Charlotte bigs on the play will result in a quality 3-point look coming off that pick. Whiteside is too slow to be able to react to taking away the shot and then recover to the paint where he's supposed to protect the rim.

He finished 3rd in the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year Award voting just weeks ago. But as the NBA Playoffs have unfolded for the Miami Heat, it's been clear that Hassan Whiteside has become a defensive liability.

A first round series against Al Jefferson and the Charlotte Hornets, and two games against Jonas Valanciunas and the Toronto Raptors have been able to expose some of the problems Whiteside has against big and physical players.

Kemba Walker ran this until he ran out of games to do so. And the Raptors are using it as their go-to play when the clock winds down. Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and Terrence Ross are all taking advantage of the fact the Whiteside refuses to really come out or even switch on a screen, and giving them an open mid-range jumper.

Whiteside typically comes out a bit, and then slowly floats back protecting the dump or lob pass back to Valanciunas on the roll. That's great, but it is continually giving those guys open mid-range shots. Miami, as a team, needs a better strategy here because the Raptors will eventually perfect this and work it to their advantage over and over.

Whiteside's inability to be more mobile on the PnR is hurting Miami's defense.

The overall numbers weren’t great. Walker scored 33 points on 24 shots. With Whiteside on the floor, the Hornets had an offensive rating of 120.1 – a number that would lead the league by a good margin

I'll let you know when Whiteside gets out-rebounded by Stephen Curry. But we're talking about Curry snatching TT's cookies from him. I can see you're getting mad at this.

By the way, I didn't make it past the first sentence.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....you have Whiteside on the floor- last full playoff series he played--- and the offensively challenged Charlotte Hornets turn into the Golden State Warriors. lol.

defensive MVP....

for the opposing offense. LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let you know when Whiteside gets out-rebounded by Stephen Curry. But we're talking about Curry snatching TT's cookies from him. I can see you're getting mad at this.

By the way, I didn't make it past the first sentence.
If i were you id stick my head in the sand too.

You have a guy you are paying 25M a year who is a net negative because he chases his own stats.

A guy that cant even stay on the floor without turning the Hornets sub-par offense into the Golden State Warriors-like offensive juggernaut. LOL. too funny

itll just be more of the same this year too

if you are a big man and you are too slow/lazy to defend the pick and roll- you are gonna be a liability for your defense- Whiteside is the prime example of that.

the NBA is dominated by the pick and roll these days--- and Whiteside is too slow/too lazy to cover it. Basically negates any value he brings.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so....you have Whiteside on the floor- last full playoff series he played--- and the offensively challenged Charlotte Hornets turn into the Golden State Warriors. lol.

defensive MVP....

for the opposing offense. LOL

My god, I completely forgot that Curry had more rebounds in game 3 than TT had the entire series at that point. Geez, $85 mil well spent.

Steph Curry Has Absolutely Owned Tristan Thompson In The Least Expected Area Possible

Steph Curry is outrebounding Tristan Thompson in the Finals, just like we all expected

On Stephen Curry’s otherworldly play and the celebration move that has Cavs fans miffed

Charles Barkley blasts Cleveland Cavaliers' Tristan Thompson after scoreless Game 3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i were you id stick my head in the sand too.

You have a guy you are paying 25M a year who is a net negative because he chases his own stats.

A guy that cant even stay on the floor without turning the Hornets sub-par offense into the Golden State Warriors-like offensive juggernaut. LOL. too funny

itll just be more of the same this year too

if you are a big man and you are too slow/lazy to defend the pick and roll- you are gonna be a liability for your defense- Whiteside is the prime example of that.

the NBA is dominated by the pick and roll these days--- and Whiteside is too slow/too lazy to cover it. Basically negates any value he brings.

Didn't read. Just more bullshit from you. If I were you, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the potential train wreck that TK's about to become. We're going to see how crappy he is in 2019 when Lebron dips out for LA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 166346
keep gargling those Warriors nuts. LOL

I mean, it's simply amazing that for the best rebounder in the league, a 6'2 guard outrebounded TT the ENTIRE series. Boy, you really just can't make it up. And you think Lebron's going to stay in Clevelan(no D)?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- yah...Miami as a team takes over 6 more shots a game- and the rebounding personnel after Gobert on Utah is a lot better than Miami's. pretty much exactly what I was saying

The 6 shots can make a difference so lets skip that by looking at rebounds per 100 possessions. 22 to 20 to Whiteside. Advanced metrics rebound rate goes Whiteside 24% to 22%.....wait I Found it!!! Offensive rebound rate Gobert has 13.6% to 12.8 found one where Gobert wins at rebounding.

So all that we have now is your claim that as a team the Heat has lesser rebounders as a team, but we saw those side by side as well and we know that is not true........

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....

think of that

with Whiteside on the floor- in the last full playoff series he played-- the other teams offensive rating would have LED the league

its really all that needs to be said

when it comes down to it- having a center that (i) cant pass, (ii) cant shoot, and (iii) is too slow/lazy to guard the pick and roll-is simply a net negative

Kemba Walker embarassed him and caused him to be sent to the pine.

When Whiteside plays- the opposing offense turned into a better version of the Golden State Warriors. LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's simply amazing that for the best rebounder in the league, a 6'2 guard outrebounded TT the ENTIRE series. Boy, you really just can't make it up. And you think Lebron's going to stay in Clevelan(no D)?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA
With Whiteside on the floor, the Hornets had an offensive rating of 120.1 – a number that would lead the league by a good margin

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year though? We are gonna see The King go for that 5th MVP....which would tie him with Bird and Magic- COMBINED.

Okay wiggy time to call out your overly homeristic nonsense. Bird won 3 League MVP's ('84, '85, '86). Magic won 3 league MVP's ('87, '89, '90). Your math sucks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Whiteside on the floor, the Hornets had an offensive rating of 120.1 – a number that would lead the league by a good margin

And with TT on the floor, Curry outrebounded him by a significant margin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with TT on the floor, Curry outrebounded him by a significant margin.
hey...I agree that TT had a bad series last year---- esp. since he was asked to guard on the perimeter more than any big should be.

Doesnt negate the fact that he averaged a DOUBLE DOUBLE in the previous 2 NBA Finals....something Whiteside will NEVER do

and again.....

we come back to:

:lol:

put whiteside on the floor and the Hornets offense goes from slightly below average to HISTORIC. lol.

its because the NBA is dominated by the pick and roll- and Whiteside is trash against it. Kemba destroyed him. Itll be the same story over and over.

A center that (i) cant pass, (ii) cant shoot, and (iii) is too slow/lazy to guard the pick and roll simply doesnt have much value in todays nba