• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why we Screwed the Pooch again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE. POST OF THE FRIGGIN YEAR!
I'm confused. From what I saw and read everyone and their Mother was yelling that the Dallas OL wasn't getting a push on the Giants DL, their LBs were playing hte run like HOFers and Elliott looked worse than Morris and they should stop giving him the ball. Now we are saying Elliott should have gotten the ball more?:noidea:

Looked to me that what we needed was to get the ball to the RBs in space a little better to try to open things up, because the middle of our line just wasn't moving the middle of theirs...whether that meant Elliott, Morris or Dunbar I'm not sure, but I have to admit even I lost faith in running Elliott into the line near the end there and I love sticking to the run as much as anyone...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the play calling was suspect. But I am not going to say like most that it was IN GENERAL too conservative. I did think there were some serious head scratchers though. We did take some shots, we just didn't complete them. Now, if you want to talk about the 3rd and long plays specifically where we dumped the ball off and literally had zero chance of getting a first,,,,I have no f'in clue who felt it was a good idea to throw those passes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL was very disappointing. Two sacks in the game, but neither was really due to great pressure and the middle of the line was pathetic at holding their ground or getting any push. McClain I thought was great; been saying he will help since he got here and was almost ready to say he'll never be healthy. Everyone else for the most part on DL was Disappointing. Rookie was over his head, but I expect improvement there. Crawford didn't play well either. Not sure what's up there since we thought last years play was due to injury. LBs couldn't seem to fight off a block on too many plays. Doug Free was horrible. I just don't get how this team doesn't at least try to bring in more competition for his job. Typical Wilcox in the end zone - got there just quick enough to be in the picture, but too late to make a play...Why Jones came off the field so much, I'll never understand...Thought the corners were OK. Scandrick can't let OBJ get behind him and Carr or really IMO more Durant lost Cruz in the end zone, but Claiborne looked good and overall secondary was OK. Biggest concern was the recurring theme of not being able to stop anyone with the game on the line. I don't care what else happens in a game you must clean that up. It's over and over again. Pass rush needs to be better there and DBs need to make a big play

All that being said...It was one game. One game that we had a chance to win at the end if not for the obvious. One game we probably win if not for dropped TDs and two huge holding penalties on Collins. Please tell me at least that no one has used the term "must win" yet on here...I'm actually kind of excited still looking forward. I think Dak was pretty good and I think we will win this week and should have won last week. Not every team has two big SOBs in the middle like the Giants, so the run game should still be real good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point on our defense. Did you guys see some of the passing numbers out there this week? Again, I am stating 100% we need to be better when the game is on the line and that is very frustrating and a huge problem with our team and has been for a while (players and coaches), but there was just a conversation in a thread on this board about how good Oakland is and they gave up 500 yards!!! "1-0" and "0-1" aren't as far apart as many are portraying...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL was very disappointing. Two sacks in the game, but neither was really due to great pressure and the middle of the line was pathetic at holding their ground or getting any push. McClain I thought was great; been saying he will help since he got here and was almost ready to say he'll never be healthy. Everyone else for the most part on DL was Disappointing. Rookie was over his head, but I expect improvement there. Crawford didn't play well either. Not sure what's up there since we thought last years play was due to injury. LBs couldn't seem to fight off a block on too many plays. Doug Free was horrible. I just don't get how this team doesn't at least try to bring in more competition for his job. Typical Wilcox in the end zone - got there just quick enough to be in the picture, but too late to make a play...Why Jones came off the field so much, I'll never understand...Thought the corners were OK. Scandrick can't let OBJ get behind him and Carr or really IMO more Durant lost Cruz in the end zone, but Claiborne looked good and overall secondary was OK. Biggest concern was the recurring theme of not being able to stop anyone with the game on the line. I don't care what else happens in a game you must clean that up. It's over and over again. Pass rush needs to be better there and DBs need to make a big play

All that being said...It was one game. One game that we had a chance to win at the end if not for the obvious. One game we probably win if not for dropped TDs and two huge holding penalties on Collins. Please tell me at least that no one has used the term "must win" yet on here...I'm actually kind of excited still looking forward. I think Dak was pretty good and I think we will win this week and should have won last week. Not every team has two big SOBs in the middle like the Giants, so the run game should still be real good
good stuff.
little concerned with the mike play last week. Hope Durant plays less but that has much to do with Hitchins play, which was poor

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took me awhile to get it (hey Im slow sometimes) about why the Cowboys put up with McClain at MLB with all his issues after the first year. Giants game smacked me upside the head. For all his dumb issues when he wanted to and was ready McClain could play the Mike lights out.

If our 2nd round pick ever recovers from the knee maybe he will be able to play that well. I wish Jaylon a swift recovery we could us him this year but if he was healthy he would not have been available. That and some big nastys on the inside and .................................................

Well I just hope we can figure a way to get stuff pulled together this year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he sees an overload on one side , you think he can switch it to the other side at least? I know this sounds stupid but I swear there were times it looked like Zeke was basically running into a wall
Elliott was supposed to be one of the best RB's to come out of a draft. There are no excuses for his abysmal performance.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oline didn't get much push all night and really didn't play well in the run game
Our OL is supposed to be the best in the NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep maybe so
But Mohammad Ali was maybe the best ever to box and he was still 56-5

5 guys got his number

Just saying
Ali lost his first fight after a 3 year layoff and the other 4 when he was old.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. From what I saw and read everyone and their Mother was yelling that the Dallas OL wasn't getting a push on the Giants DL, their LBs were playing hte run like HOFers and Elliott looked worse than Morris and they should stop giving him the ball. Now we are saying Elliott should have gotten the ball more?:noidea:

Looked to me that what we needed was to get the ball to the RBs in space a little better to try to open things up, because the middle of our line just wasn't moving the middle of theirs...whether that meant Elliott, Morris or Dunbar I'm not sure, but I have to admit even I lost faith in running Elliott into the line near the end there and I love sticking to the run as much as anyone...

I think you're confused because I was insinuating that his post was terrible (not good). Zeek had two above average runs of 8 yards but after those two he was getting stoned over and over and over. Take those two runs away and he had 18 carries at less then 2 yards a pop. His response was saying, "We should have given ZEEK even more carries"????? I'm with you on the not abandoning the run game... but Zeek's lack of carries wasn't the problem. It was not getting the ball to the rushers who were breaking nice runs.

I am surprised at people jumping of the Zeek bandwagon after one game. Adrian Peterson is an all time great but had an even worse game than Zeek last Sunday. It happens. Zeek is going to be a force in this league but sometimes they just have your number. I think Dallas had the perfect draft. They got something for RIGHT NOW in Zeek and a tremendous value DOWN THE ROAD pick in the ND LB.

Lastly, I think people are being too critical of Dallas. If there were literally 2 more seconds Dallas would have won. I'm looking at the general board and people are praising the Giants and questioning Dallas when Dallas was a nanosecond away from winning cause Bailey is freaking MONEY! I'm pissed my fantasy league is counting ALL FG's as 3 after his two 50+ yarders.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott was supposed to be one of the best RB's to come out of a draft. There are no excuses for his abysmal performance.

The Giants Dline beat our Oline, plain and simple. I'm not too concerned about Elliott's lack of production, he didn't have any room to run in between the tackles, and Linehan didn't give him many opportunities to bounce it outside and use his speed - the couple times he did, Elliott had his biggest runs of the day.

Gurley and Peterson had rough weeks too, just saying.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the loss is on Elliott now? What if he puts up 175 in a loss? I'm saying let's see a few games before we toss him out with the bath water.
I never said they should cut him, I only said his first game performance was not indicative of the best RB in the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're confused because I was insinuating that his post was terrible (not good). Zeek had two above average runs of 8 yards but after those two he was getting stoned over and over and over. Take those two runs away and he had 18 carries at less then 2 yards a pop. His response was saying, "We should have given ZEEK even more carries"????? I'm with you on the not abandoning the run game... but Zeek's lack of carries wasn't the problem. It was not getting the ball to the rushers who were breaking nice runs.

I am surprised at people jumping of the Zeek bandwagon after one game. Adrian Peterson is an all time great but had an even worse game than Zeek last Sunday. It happens. Zeek is going to be a force in this league but sometimes they just have your number. I think Dallas had the perfect draft. They got something for RIGHT NOW in Zeek and a tremendous value DOWN THE ROAD pick in the ND LB.

Lastly, I think people are being too critical of Dallas. If there were literally 2 more seconds Dallas would have won. I'm looking at the general board and people are praising the Giants and questioning Dallas when Dallas was a nanosecond away from winning cause Bailey is freaking MONEY! I'm pissed my fantasy league is counting ALL FG's as 3 after his two 50+ yarders.
:sorry:

My bad for not following the thread. Funny I was going to say the say thing about AP in response to his comment about being an early first round pick and having a bad game (actually it wasn't even that bad) last year's first back taken didn't do so great either this past weekend.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sorry:

My bad for not following the thread. Funny I was going to say the say thing about AP in response to his comment about being an early first round pick and having a bad game (actually it wasn't even that bad) last year's first back taken didn't do so great either this past weekend.

Man, you got Andy Reid stuck in my head. Good coach in many ways but bad atclock management. If Westbrook got stoned one time he'd completely erase him from the game plan and throw the rock 60 times.