• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why we Screwed the Pooch again

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also forgetting the Giants spent over 200 million in the offseason to upgrade their team. And we were also without probably our two best pass rushers and run defender and our best CB is probably 70% at best. Meanwhile the Giants were virtually at full strength.

I thought the defense was ok for the most part without all those players. The running game for the Giants at the end was bad, but the Giants did punt 5 times. I thought Eli was rattled in the third quarter. Scandrick got beat by Beckham deep, not sure if Jones should have been helping or not. Eli made a great throw on the first TD. Shepard made a great play on his TD. Cruz catch - Carr got picked by his on man.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words- their big money guys showed up and made plays. Ours not so much. Our best player was Dan B. Our best offensive player was Beasley. Our best defensive player was 97, McClain

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest knock on Dak in this one was the long ball. There were 2 deep balls to Dez in one on one coverage that were off target. There were a number of scrambling plays where I said "Romo takes a sack there", which was nice to see out of Dak. But the trade off is, on those 2 deep balls I said "Romo makes that pass". Obviously I expect him to improve on this.

As stated, the coaching staff is to blame for this one as far as I'm concerned.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets catch another game or two before we jump off
oh im not ready to jump off a cliff but I am tired of the same results

Just frustration from a game we should have won

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh im not ready to jump off a cliff but I am tired of the same results

Just frustration from a game we should have won
I don't have expectations for this team. I can see this go either way from here.

I guess it all goes through Garrett. Coaching not to lose in the first game of the season stinks to high hell. Starting to think Garrett is the right and wrong guy to coach this team. He's the right guy for the Jerry factor and effort. His effect on game day is minimal....other than acting like a pal pushing guys around after a big play.

Losing it for Garrett.....quickly

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing it for Garrett.....quickly

The entirety of the coaching staff had a bad yesterday, offense and defense.

I respect Marinelli a lot, but I don't think his scheme cuts it in the NFL anymore. Far too passive.

Linehan needed to do more to get Dez into the game yesterday, and failed to do so. Dez had , what, 4 targets yesterday? And 3 of them were very difficult plays that he would have had to make spectacular catches to complete the play. You have to get your best play maker involved early and often, and Dallas failed to do so. Even if the defense is keying him, the offense has to manufacture touches for Dez.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the entire fucking organization. Look at our last four 2nd round draft picks. Jalon Smith, a fucking project that isn't immediately having an impact for us this year like other 2nd round picks are for their teams(cough Sterling Shepherd). Giants already getting immediate help from their 2nd round pick and we not getting jack shit. Our 2nd rounder from the year before is a weed head piece of shit that can't stop getting suspended. The year before that it was DLaw, another player that is currently suspended. The year before that? A project TE that hasn't done shit. So we keep drafting injured players, projects, or rule breakers with very high drafts pick. That type of shit ain't gonna win in this league. And people keep saying our drafts have been good. Yeah sure, they have been better than in the Wade years but still not up to the level that is required to be a SB contender. And this entire argument is just centered around our 2nd rounders in the past four years. Don't even get me started on the rest of the draft.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the entire fucking organization. Look at our last four 2nd round draft picks. Jalon Smith, a fucking project that isn't immediately having an impact for us this year like other 2nd round picks are for their teams(cough Sterling Shepherd). Giants already getting immediate help from their 2nd round pick and we not getting jack shit. Our 2nd rounder from the year before is a weed head piece of shit that can't stop getting suspended. The year before that it was DLaw, another player that is currently suspended. The year before that? A project TE that hasn't done shit. So we keep drafting injured players, projects, or rule breakers with very high drafts pick. That type of shit ain't gonna win in this league. And people keep saying our drafts have been good. Yeah sure, they have been better than in the Wade years but still not up to the level that is required to be a SB contender. And this entire argument is just centered around our 2nd rounders in the past four years. Don't even get me started on the rest of the draft.
Wow you are keeping it real and painting a dreadfull picture. Those second round picks were beyond stupid. Well if they wanted an injured linebacker, should have drafted miles jack at least he would help this team now lol Jason W replacement is on the practice sqaud learning to play football lol

Last edited:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Thinking the same thing Earl I'm so frustrated that we drafted a guy in the 2nd round who may never see the field. we make a pick like this every year.....Jerry's bargain player. I Was the first person who cheered when we drafted Zeke, I was also 1 of the first who said Alf should start after the preseason he had. Zee showed little burst last night. Man I'm so afraid he might be a bust, its not likely. This is my biggest fear though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was ok last night, but should he be throwing 45 times a game. Maybe 10 of those passes could have went Morris's way. I know a few of those were late desperation passes, but how about running morris tell they prove they can stop him.
Why didn't Elliott get more touches.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean one step forward, two steps back. Dallas lost so it wasn't two step forward.
img-thing

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how much Dak is allowed to audible. It was 9 vs 7 a lot

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how much Dak is allowed to audible. It was 9 vs 7 a lot
I'm sure he goes with whatever play is called. Maybe once he gets more familiar with the system he'll be allowed to audible.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you are keeping it real and painting a dreadfull picture. Those second round picks were beyond stupid. Well if they wanted an injured linebacker, should have drafted miles jack at least he would help this team now lol Jason W replacement is on the practice sqaud learning to play football lol
I don't mind a SB contender with a SB defense taking chances on injured players or projects, but we do it with very limited talent on the defensive side of the ball coming off 4-12. Like no disrespect to Jaylon Smith cause the kid was great in college and could end up being great for us, but coming off a 4-12 season? You don't take a freaking project in the 2nd round. You go immediate impact with your first two picks coming off 4-12. AND KEEP IN MIND, this was after ALREADY KNOWING DLawrence and Randy Gregory were suspended. Everyone on this board knows how much I love the Cowboys. And everybody knows I root hard for this team every week regardless of my feelings towards certain players, coaches, scouts, etc. But honestly, the guys that run our team are fucking garbage, and it starts with Jerry Jones. And I would still think this same way even if we won yesterday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of the time, two plays are called and he kills outta the pass or rum based on alignments

So if he sees an overload on one side , you think he can switch it to the other side at least? I know this sounds stupid but I swear there were times it looked like Zeke was basically running into a wall

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he sees an overload on one side , you think he can switch it to the other side at least? I know this sounds stupid but I swear there were times it looked like Zeke was basically running into a wall
the oline didn't get much push all night and really didn't play well in the run game