• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHY WE NEED A BURNER

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:

"The guy I didn't really mention, getting to the running game, the things that were done last year in the running game with DeMarco [Murray], the running style that was created here, is a really good fit. That's going to be our strength, I think, being able to lean on that running game a little bit more than they have in the past."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad because it reads to me that Garrett still wants his offense and may handicap and undermine Linehan the same way he did Callahan:

"Linehan: The number one goal, and I told Jason this when I came here, is to keep a lot of the things the same. It's a lot easier for the players to not have to change how they call things, how they line up, how you call motions and formations and things like that.

To the naked eye there'll be a lot of similar things. I just want to be an asset and bring in some ideas that maybe haven't been implemented that I can add to current things that were done well in the systems I've been around.

Jason and I have a good background [together]. His first year in the league he worked with me as quarterback coach in Miami, so we have that background, so there are a lot of similarities. It's just the language, and I basically made the commitment to transfer over the way I call things to the way people [here] call things to keep it consistent for the players here, so they can step on the field and be ready to go from the get-go in the OTAs."

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know really what to think. We have discussed Romo's deep ball. I like high percentage plays. The only thing is we arent a team that can go 10-12 plays a drive w/o screwing something up with either a sack or huge penalty. I dont know how many 3rd and 12s I have watched this team convert over the years. We are probably better at 3rd and 12 than we are at 3rd and 5.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me. Cowboys should be able to run the ball behind guys likeMartin Frederick and Smith. Teams obviously know that the Cowboys were not going to run the ball and they had no reason to not double the outside receivers. I wanted us to draft a burner. This washington kid may be a burner, but I have no idea.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gash a team for enough long runs and they will then have to bring the safties up which then opens up the deeper pass plays.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we abandon the run too soon. Hell we abandon the run when it's working.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we'll keep both Clutts and Copeland and run DeMarco behind them in a T formation

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gash a team for enough long runs and they will then have to bring the safties up which then opens up the deeper pass plays.

Doesn't even have to be long runs. When you knock off 4 or 5 yards at a clip it forces the Safeties up. Then you hit them with the play action pass

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we abandon the run too soon. Hell we abandon the run when it's working.

Yup. Maddening sometimes. I love it when a team lines up on 3rd and 2 and just overpowers the defense for a first down even when they know what's coming. We run the ball all the way down the field and then get into a 3rd and short and panic like its the last play of the game and throw the ball

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless lil red actually takes a back seat this year, it will be same shit new year :whistle:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the need to add a ''burner''. Dez always demands double coverage, and Williams was behind his man several times last season. We also signed 6'3'' and 6'4'' WR's who can at least win jump balls

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the need to add a ''burner''. Dez always demands double coverage, and Williams was behind his man several times last season. We also signed 6'3'' and 6'4'' WR's who can at least win jump balls

Me neither. I hate going out and looking for certain "types" of players. It drives me crazy. Good Football players make plays in any scheme. This was the argument I had with "ROMOMVP" before last year on Hatcher. People get too scheme specific or need specific. A guy is too tall, or too short, or too slow or light. Just get guys that can play Football and they will succeed 90% of the time. We probably need another WR. If he is a burner that's great, if he is a big strong guy that can battle for jump balls that's great, or if he is a quick shifty guy that can make plays in the open field that's great too. So my point is we will use the talent we have and it is more important to have a good player than a particular type of player. Yes we needed another WR. Hopefully between Street and the UFDAs we got one (or more)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willliams had a nice rookie season. With that being said, we are potentially looking at Dez , Williams , Beasley , Harris, Street. Now the thing that off sets this is the production we get from Witten. If anything were to happen to Dez, which has been known to happen, I dont really like the looks of that WR corp.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willliams had a nice rookie season. With that being said, we are potentially looking at Dez , Williams , Beasley , Harris, Street. Now the thing that off sets this is the production we get from Witten. If anything were to happen to Dez, which has been known to happen, I dont really like the looks of that WR corp.

Street was drafted just for that exact reason if Dez or Twill goes down, he can step in at the #2. Also you would think Escobar would be incorporated more into the offense this season, hopefully he will have gotten stronger.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With exception of a few- Randy Moss being one- it normally takes WRs longer to come into their own in the pros. Dez is probably still learning. I still remember his first game. They threw him 6 safe flat passes about 1 yrd past the line of scrimmage just to get the ball in his hands. If he goes down , we would be looking at a 2nd Yr player in Williams and a R in Street as our starting WRs . Maybe Harris would jump in there, I dont know. It just scares me a little not having another Vet. out there. Thats the NFL though.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With exception of a few- Randy Moss being one- it normally takes WRs longer to come into their own in the pros. Dez is probably still learning. I still remember his first game. They threw him 6 safe flat passes about 1 yrd past the line of scrimmage just to get the ball in his hands. If he goes down , we would be looking at a 2nd Yr player in Williams and a R in Street as our starting WRs . Maybe Harris would jump in there, I dont know. It just scares me a little not having another Vet. out there. Thats the NFL though.

Yeah, but something tells me that well have spaghetti hamstrings on speed dial if he is still available if someon goes down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything were to happen to Larry Fitz, if anything were to happen to Calvin, if anything were to happen to AJ Green, if anything were to happen to Andre Johnson...

It's a cap world and you need to give young guys a chance. We have a top 5 WR in the league, some teams do not. We can't pair him with another great WR and stay under the cap while we are also paying our QB $100M. Williams did everything we could ask of him last year and Beasley is a very good slot WR. IMO it is time to give them a bigger role and we also picked a 4th rounder to help as well

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it is time to give them a bigger role and we also picked a 4th rounder to help as well

Actually a 5th rounder who they had graded as a 3rd round. They also had Twill higher on their board when they drafted him. WR is the least of this teams concerns....