• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the SEC Isn't As Great in Football As You Think

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL :L

Guys. 2005 to now. That's what matters. Okay?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we already forget that even some of the SEC fans agree the location of "said bowl games" matters?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all. This was never SEC vs B1G. This was questioning the dominance of the SEC as a whole. I'm not sure why or how you've managed to miss this fact, but you have. Sorry. And by the way, I know why you took the last 7 years and not the last 20, because I've seen all these numbers before, and I know that it doesn't look as good for you when you go back even 10 years. Let's not play this game YET again. We all know that the B1G SEC bowl rivalry was pretty tight until the last five years. And we all know the last 5 years has been atypical for the B1G. So let's get real, okay?

we're 4-1 vs the B1G in the last 10 years :dance: only bowl loss was the 05 capital one, damn you :D

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all. This was never SEC vs B1G. This was questioning the dominance of the SEC as a whole. I'm not sure why or how you've managed to miss this fact, but you have. Sorry. And by the way, I know why you took the last 7 years and not the last 20, because I've seen all these numbers before, and I know that it doesn't look as good for you when you go back even 10 years. Let's not play this game YET again. We all know that the B1G SEC bowl rivalry was pretty tight until the last five years. And we all know the last 5 years has been atypical for the B1G. So let's get real, okay?

actually if you look at the over all bowl record since the bcs era.. the SEC is the only one with a significant difference in winning games.. the SECOND closest is the acc with 4 more wins then losses.. this isnt just about the BIG the is about all the conferences as a whole.. i just pointed out the differences with the B1G.. we ARE better when it counts eot/

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you go back 20 years....

9 NCG titles for the SEC?

90s: 3

2000s: 6

I posted without looking it up.

Trust me. If you actually look at the numbers overall. OOC head to head with other conferences. Bowls head to head with other conferences, instead of only taking credit for the national championships, it doesn't look nearly as dominant. I'm warning you, I WILL actually post this. In fact, I might be able to find one of the threads where I already HAVE posted this. Doubtful, but I can always try.

And LOL at you using the NCGs to erase losses that the CONFERENCE suffered. I mean as long as you can slice it so it tastes just right...eh buddy? "We're totally dominant! We're the only conference that matters!!" :rolleyes:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually if you look at the over all bowl record since the bcs era.. the SEC is the only one with a significant difference in winning games.. the SECOND closest is the acc with 4 more wins then losses.. this isnt just about the BIG the is about all the conferences as a whole.. i just pointed out the differences with the B1G.. we ARE better when it counts eot/

Who said you weren't better? The whole dominance thing is what we're talking about. Your middle of the road Gators beat a mediocre 6-6 Buckeye team in a bowl....which you use to pimp out your conference....which makes you feel better....even though your team was a joke....

Okay.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we're talking football, but you guys are just backwards as hell.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. If you actually look at the numbers overall. OOC head to head with other conferences. Bowls head to head with other conferences, instead of only taking credit for the national championships, it doesn't look nearly as dominant. I'm warning you, I WILL actually post this. In fact, I might be able to find one of the threads where I already HAVE posted this. Doubtful, but I can always try.

And LOL at you using the NCGs to erase losses that the CONFERENCE suffered. I mean as long as you can slice it so it tastes just right...eh buddy? "We're totally dominant! We're the only conference that matters!!" :rolleyes:

who the hell is saying that?

Don't be such a drama queen

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of bama....Are you coming to the Iron Bowl?

This will be my first one...

If I somehow find a new job before then, yes lol

The only one I've been to was in 09 :L well, not counting when I was a baby......i was born in Tuscaloosa, again :L

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Calm down,Forkem.

The SEC might have been shitty back then,but can you really sit here and argue that this conference isn't at the top of the totum pole now?

who the hell is saying that?

Don't be such a drama queen

This is the point that you guys don't seem to get. The article wasn't about who's the best, it's about dominance. It calls into question the attitude that the SEC as an entity is this juggernaut unstoppable force. And unfortunately, if you take into account the fact that your toughest bowl matchups are played in your back yard, that when you take the overall OOC and BCS matchups into account your middle of the road teams and bottom dwellers aren't out performing the rest of college football, dominance is not the word you should be using. It IS a word that is used amongst tSEC fans. So. There you go.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point that you guys don't seem to get. The article wasn't about who's the best, it's about dominance. It calls into question the attitude that the SEC as an entity is this juggernaut unstoppable force. And unfortunately, if you take into account the fact that your toughest bowl matchups are played in your back yard, that when you take the overall OOC and BCS matchups into account, your middle of the road teams and bottom dwellers aren't out performing the rest of college football, dominance is not the word you should be using. It IS a word that is used amongst tSEC fans. So. There you go.

I don't think any of us actually read the article :D