• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Russell Wilson's megadeal may not be coming as quickly as we think

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, Seahawks fans. WE'RE COMIN' TO GET YOU!

Good! we need the Rams to take that next step seeing as the 49ers look to be falling into a "black hole" lmao poor poor former San Francisco 49er fans that are now or were ( lol )Santa Clara 49er fans.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good! we need the Rams to take that next step seeing as the 49ers look to be falling into a "black hole" lmao poor poor former San Francisco 49er fans that are now or were ( lol )Santa Clara 49er fans.
I want to see some excellent slobberknocker football this season between our teams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the majority of Pay-A-Ton commercials are national. Wilson not so much. If Wilson went to a bigger market than the possibility of larger and national endorsements is also something he needs to figure into potential earnings.

This is the NFL. If you're a winning QB you can market yourself anywhere. Peyton built that brand in Indianapolis, a tiny market really.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good battle between the rams, hawks, and cards this season for the division. 9'ers may be falling fast, but the rest of this division is still packed with defensive power and enough offense to be dangerous.

Obviously if Sherman, Kam, and Earl can all return to full health and stay that way over the entire season I really like our chances, but it's going to be a hell of a fight the whole way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the competition. Should be a three way battle with the 49ers sucking hind titty. Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks, this division is going to be tough.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the competition. Should be a three way battle with the 49ers sucking hind titty. Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks, this division is going to be tough.
Anytime the 49ers suck worse than the Rams, I can smile on the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well the 49ers have always "sucked harder" than the Rams if you get my point. lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every non 49er fan in the NFL West will be smiling when the 49ers come crashing down. It's going to be so sweet.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the 49ers have always "sucked harder" than the Rams if you get my point. lol
Now, you obviously can never admit that a Rams fan helped you, but you should add ",you know?" to your signature.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make a lot of sense for the Seahawks.
Yeah 8 years for 120 would be better. I'd rather stick to 6 years however. Haven't heard a word about Wagner. You think the Seahawks will wait until the 2015 season is almost over to extend him? I'm starting to think that may be the case.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, per Mike Florio:
"On Friday, Terry Blount of ESPN.com said during a visit with 710 ESPN in Seattle that the Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson are “very close” on a new deal. The news naturally sparked further beating of the bushes for additional details.

The details seem to be there are no details. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT talks haven’t commenced yet.

It’s unclear when talks will begin, and the goal for finalizing a contract isn’t known. Regardless, the official process of negotiating the contract, with the team and agent Mark Rodgers trading proposals until a consensus is reached, has not yet begun.

With Marshawn Lynch being paid $12 million for 2015 and tight end Jimmy Graham owed $27 million over the next three, Wilson’s $1.542 million salary for the final year of a four-year, $2.996 million contract becomes even more glaring."

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 8 years for 120 would be better. I'd rather stick to 6 years however. Haven't heard a word about Wagner. You think the Seahawks will wait until the 2015 season is almost over to extend him? I'm starting to think that may be the case.

Weren't last years extensions announced right before and right after the draft?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, per Mike Florio:
"On Friday, Terry Blount of ESPN.com said during a visit with 710 ESPN in Seattle that the Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson are “very close” on a new deal. The news naturally sparked further beating of the bushes for additional details.

The details seem to be there are no details. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT talks haven’t commenced yet.

It’s unclear when talks will begin, and the goal for finalizing a contract isn’t known. Regardless, the official process of negotiating the contract, with the team and agent Mark Rodgers trading proposals until a consensus is reached, has not yet begun.

With Marshawn Lynch being paid $12 million for 2015 and tight end Jimmy Graham owed $27 million over the next three, Wilson’s $1.542 million salary for the final year of a four-year, $2.996 million contract becomes even more glaring."

That doesn't make sense. No way that the Seahawks haven't spoken will Wilson and his agent before making all the moves they have. By now the Seahawks must have a good idea of what kind of $ it's going to take.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make sense. No way that the Seahawks haven't spoken will Wilson and his agent before making all the moves they have. By now the Seahawks must have a good idea of what kind of $ it's going to take.

I don't know what to make of the reports. What it really says, is that no one really knows what's going on. They're close - they're not close - they haven't even started. Who knows what's really going on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well these reports do have me thinking of the pluses and minuses of letting Wilson play out his contract. Letting Wilson play out his contract allows the Seahawks a lot for $ for 2015 which allows the Seahawks to retain more talent for 2015 and another run at the SuperBowl. They know they franchise Wilson while working on a long term deal. Also other QBs can set the fair market value. Luck, Tannehill, and Newton should have new contracts and hopefully make it easier to judge whats fair.

It's not the way I'd like this to go, I much rather they just bite the bullet this year. I guess we'll know in a few months or maybe sooner.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make a lot of sense for the Seahawks.

Why doesn't it make sense? I figured the seahawks will make him one of the top paid QB's in the league. Look at the Cutler and Daulton contracts, do you think RW's agent will ask for the same as what those two got? Probably not since RW has accomplished more then Cutler/Daulton. I have this feeling RW is going to get 20 to 25 mil a yr, most of it or all of guarenteed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't it make sense? I figured the seahawks will make him one of the top paid QB's in the league. Look at the Cutler and Daulton contracts, do you think RW's agent will ask for the same as what those two got? Probably not since RW has accomplished more then Cutler/Daulton. I have this feeling RW is going to get 20 to 25 mil a yr, most of it or all of guarenteed.

If the Seahawks are going to give him a 20 million AAV contract, why would they guarantee it fully?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing from a source that Russell Wilson and Seattle have negotiated a contract extension. Wilson is on his way to Seattle for announcement</p>&mdash; Anthony Nipert (@AnthonyNipert) <a href="">March 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>