• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why keenum is the starter week one

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Redskins opted for Case Keenum over Dwayne Haskins

this break down clearly shows why he is the starter . this doesnt mean he is the best thing since sliced bread but it clearly shows that people calling him a "bum" dont know what they are talking about in regrads to whats on film

it clear haskins has problems with protection calls

this should be the focus on thursday night . play a clean game on protection calls

also the deep ball accuracy has been an issue with haskins

so yeah i see why gruden picked keenum for now .

His summer season ends with the following line: 16-of-30 (53.3%), 213 yards (7.1 YPA), 9 first downs (30%), one sack, one touchdown and no interceptions.

its his job as HC for now and if its the wrong choice then he will be gone

anyone can see he has the talent . but truth be told if KC put up haskins numbers you would be calling for his head

So far this preseason, Haskins has completed 22-of-41 throws (53.7%) for 305 yards (7.43 YPA), 11 first downs (26.8%), a touchdown and 2 interceptions (4.9%). He’s been sacked five times (10.9%) for 43 yards, as well.

mind you these numbers were put up against scrubs , yet people advocate he earned starter reps ?

see i am old school and you have to EARN starter reps

truth is neither one set the world on fire

and lets compare haskins to finley and jones . haskins is a distant 3rd in production (lock is injured )

so yes i see why he was chosen and i think haskins has a chance to be a franchise qb if we groom him correctly

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Redskins opted for Case Keenum over Dwayne Haskins

this break down clearly shows why he is the starter . this doesnt mean he is the best thing since sliced bread but it clearly shows that people calling him a "bum" dont know what they are talking about in regrads to whats on film

it clear haskins has problems with protection calls

this should be the focus on thursday night . play a clean game on protection calls

also the deep ball accuracy has been an issue with haskins

so yeah i see why gruden picked keenum for now .

His summer season ends with the following line: 16-of-30 (53.3%), 213 yards (7.1 YPA), 9 first downs (30%), one sack, one touchdown and no interceptions.

its his job as HC for now and if its the wrong choice then he will be gone

anyone can see he has the talent . but truth be told if KC put up haskins numbers you would be calling for his head

So far this preseason, Haskins has completed 22-of-41 throws (53.7%) for 305 yards (7.43 YPA), 11 first downs (26.8%), a touchdown and 2 interceptions (4.9%). He’s been sacked five times (10.9%) for 43 yards, as well.

mind you these numbers were put up against scrubs , yet people advocate he earned starter reps ?

see i am old school and you have to EARN starter reps

truth is neither one set the world on fire

and lets compare haskins to finley and jones . haskins is a distant 3rd in production (lock is injured )

so yes i see why he was chosen and i think haskins has a chance to be a franchise qb if we groom him correctly
This is all a moot point. Haskins played with backups against backups and quite frankly, its not like playing with the 1's. At no time was Haskins going to win the starter job and I believe this was settled pretty soon after they drafted him. He could throw 5 TD's tomorrow night in one half, it won't matter. Colt was always going to start this year, once he re-aggravated his ankle injury, the job was Keenum's.
As for being the franchise QB once he is actually given a chance to start, Yes, he will be our FRANCHISE!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all a moot point. Haskins played with backups against backups and quite frankly, its not like playing with the 1's. At no time was Haskins going to win the starter job and I believe this was settled pretty soon after they drafted him. He could throw 5 TD's tomorrow night in one half, it won't matter. Colt was always going to start this year, once he re-aggravated his ankle injury, the job was Keenum's.
As for being the franchise QB once he is actually given a chance to start, Yes, he will be our FRANCHISE!

How is that moot ? He should dominate BU’s . How many first team snaps were there to go around ? There were none vs Browns , about 1/2 a quarter vs bengals , and under 1/2,vs falcons .

Now I have my point backed up with facts so I don’t know how it’s “ moot “

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daniel Jones and Ryan Findley both played much better in a similar situation.

What I find funny is at today's Welcome Home Luncheon they auctioned off two jerseys. A Theisman and a Haskins. One autographed by a HOFer and one by a guy who has yet to play a down in an NFL game. When you think about how they treated Cousin's (and others) it is clear Dan the Man is working his magic still. :noidea:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden made the right call in starting CK. haskins has not flashed in camp and is slow on the mental side of playing QB. Plus he is missing throws in pre season games against backup players. He didn't earn the starting role. Simple as that. So in this case you start CK b/c he is a vet and actually knows the offense better right now.

Why is this even an argument?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that moot ? He should dominate BU’s . How many first team snaps were there to go around ? There were none vs Browns , about 1/2 a quarter vs bengals , and under 1/2,vs falcons .

Now I have my point backed up with facts so I don’t know how it’s “ moot “
C'mon dad, the "moot" point comment was about the so called QB competition. There was none. If you think there was your kidding yourself. This was McCoy's job, Keenum in as default. The decision was totally on Gruden so its Gruden who should go if this plan crashes and burns.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Jones and Ryan Findley both played much better in a similar situation.

What I find funny is at today's Welcome Home Luncheon they auctioned off two jerseys. A Theisman and a Haskins. One autographed by a HOFer and one by a guy who has yet to play a down in an NFL game. When you think about how they treated Cousin's (and others) it is clear Dan the Man is working his magic still. :noidea:
What was funny about the 2 jersey's auctioned off? 7 & 7 makes since to me. Nice gesture to Joe imo still recognizing its his number having played so many great games in it. But yes, Danny boy is still pulling strings!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon dad, the "moot" point comment was about the so called QB competition. There was none. If you think there was your kidding yourself. This was McCoy's job, Keenum in as default. The decision was totally on Gruden so its Gruden who should go if this plan crashes and burns.

well i followed the off season daily . i have posted numerous film with haskins working with the first team.

the question is did he earn first team reps with the actual numbers he put up ?

yes i think one of the vets was going to start but by the same token did haskins force the issue ? answer is no his play was avg against scrubs . numbers you would burn any skins qb at the stake for

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins was never really in the running to start game 1. We know this because he never took a single snap with the first team in preseason. If Gruden was serious about an open competition, Haskins would have had some plays with the 1's.