• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why in the hell is Durant talking smack to the OKC bench?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least try to Get it right.

I said Lue didn't do hardly anything. Period. I didn't see a lot from him. Period. Xs Os Ps Qs
Phil Jackson was just fine with the Xs and Os :L lord man... He sure as hell wasn't bad
I also said u were half retarded. Don't think that's flying off the handle
#4 Jordan was in charge of the offense not tex winter
#5 I think u are a bit dramatic and like to twist things around to make some sort of point - who
Knows wtf or why

I am not twisting anything.

It is fine to say you didn't see anything from Lue. I don't agree, but okay. You specifically mentioned Xs and Os. I said that was funny, and hen you go into full blown name calling instead of just coming with a counter point. That makes you an asshole whether you agree or not. A lot of what you are saying is not even correct. Jordan was not in charge of the offense. He made it work, sure, but Tex was in charge. Make no mistake.

Lue drastically out coached Kerr in the Finals and that was a huge advantage for the Cavs. He pulled all the right strings with his rotations and relentlessly attacked the Warriors bigs with pick and roll. He found a weakness and exploited it. The Warriors never countered.

But you know what? I am done with you. You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to yell at people who don't share your views of what NBA basketball should be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing.

the genius of Phil never was in the Xs and Os. Tex is a hall of famer and an innovator in his own right. Phil's genius is that he got his team, led by a ball dominant scorer, to buy into an offense that relied upon player movement and ball movement. IMO, it is almost irrelevant what that offense was. The fact that Phil was able to get Jordan to buy into being a team player is what propelled the birth of the Bulls dynasty and transformed Jordan into the greatest player ever.

The offense is what it is. Others have tried and failed to run the triangle. Phil and Tex together were able to get their great players to commit to moving the basketball. That is why they were successful. Not because of the Xs and Os.

I think Lue in 1 half season with the Cavs brought them together and bonded them as a unit. His former coach I am sure is very proud of what Lue accomplished. Getting talent to buy in is no easy task. Just ask David Blatt.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of crying and drama..

Funny thing last night late on N tv was Bulls Orlando 1995 game 6. Didn't see the triangle in affect every time down the court. Definitely had its moments, but it was Jordan's offense and it ran through him. He would do his own thing quite a bit. Most bball people know this.

Go ahead and check this out and get back to me.

image.jpeg

And stop crying. You want to argue some dumb shit on a KD thread.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not twisting anything.

It is fine to say you didn't see anything from Lue. I don't agree, but okay. You specifically mentioned Xs and Os. I said that was funny, and hen you go into full blown name calling instead of just coming with a counter point. That makes you an asshole whether you agree or not. A lot of what you are saying is not even correct. Jordan was not in charge of the offense. He made it work, sure, but Tex was in charge. Make no mistake.

Lue drastically out coached Kerr in the Finals and that was a huge advantage for the Cavs. He pulled all the right strings with his rotations and relentlessly attacked the Warriors bigs with pick and roll. He found a weakness and exploited it. The Warriors never countered.

But you know what? I am done with you. You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to yell at people who don't share your views of what NBA basketball should be.

Be done then. Focus on that 7th grade girls bball team and your "Xs and Os"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing.

the genius of Phil never was in the Xs and Os. Tex is a hall of famer and an innovator in his own right. Phil's genius is that he got his team, led by a ball dominant scorer, to buy into an offense that relied upon player movement and ball movement. IMO, it is almost irrelevant what that offense was. The fact that Phil was able to get Jordan to buy into being a team player is what propelled the birth of the Bulls dynasty and transformed Jordan into the greatest player ever.

The offense is what it is. Others have tried and failed to run the triangle. Phil and Tex together were able to get their great players to commit to moving the basketball. That is why they were successful. Not because of the Xs and Os.

I think Lue in 1 half season with the Cavs brought them together and bonded them as a unit. His former coach I am sure is very proud of what Lue accomplished. Getting talent to buy in is no easy task. Just ask David Blatt.

And in my opinion Lue just had to get out of the way. To think that Lue was telling Lebron what to do is funny to me.

But again this is a KD thread. I simply stated I didn't think the guy did a lot when I was asked. Didn't need the breakdown of how we was or wasn't so crucial to Clevelands success last year.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are really hurting my feelings with all the dislikes. :rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson was just fine with the Xs and Os :L lord man... He sure as hell wasn't bad

He wasn't bad, but tlance is right, X's and O's is not what made Phil great. What made Phil great was his ability to get great players with massive egos to each sacrifice a little individually to achieve the greater goal of winning championships.

He also had a knack for knowing when to call timeout and when to "let them play through it" even allowing them to lose games occasionally to make a greater point for long term success.

As far as X's and O's he was pretty average.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in my opinion Lue just had to get out of the way. To think that Lue was telling Lebron what to do is funny to me.

It's not about telling them what to do, it's about getting them on board. Do you think Phil was telling MJ and Pippen what to do? Shaq and Kobe?

What Lue did was get Lebron, Kyrie and Love on the same page. Look at how Lebron, in particular, treated Blatt vs. how he treated Lue. Heck, when Lue was an assistant, Lebron and other players were going to Lue rather than Blatt.

That team was going to the finals whether Lue or Blatt was the HC. They had too much talent and the East was weak. Imo, if Blatt were the HC, that 3-1 deficit they fell into becomes a 4-1 finals loss. They pulled off the come back because Lue was able to keep them together.

I hate having to admit that too, because I was critical of the firing of Blatt and hiring of Lue when it happened.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't bad, but tlance is right, X's and O's is not what made Phil great. What made Phil great was his ability to get great players with massive egos to each sacrifice a little individually to achieve the greater goal of winning championships.

He also had a knack for knowing when to call timeout and when to "let them play through it" even allowing them to lose games occasionally to make a greater point for long term success.

As far as X's and O's he was pretty average.

I agree he had some serious vision. But all I said is that Phil wasn't bad at Xs and Os either. Not sure why this has got beaten like a drum.

It started as a KD thread, then went to Tyron Lue, then Phil. My opinion is/was that Lue just needed to get out of the way after Blatt was let go.

Bottom line, Durant is a pussy. :lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about telling them what to do, it's about getting them on board. Do you think Phil was telling MJ and Pippen what to do? Shaq and Kobe?

What Lue did was get Lebron, Kyrie and Love on the same page. Look at how Lebron, in particular, treated Blatt vs. how he treated Lue. Heck, when Lue was an assistant, Lebron and other players were going to Lue rather than Blatt.

That team was going to the finals whether Lue or Blatt was the HC. They had too much talent and the East was weak. Imo, if Blatt were the HC, that 3-1 deficit they fell into becomes a 4-1 finals loss. They pulled off the come back because Lue was able to keep them together.

I hate having to admit that too, because I was critical of the firing of Blatt and hiring of Lue when it happened.

I think Lue did a better job with the cohesion of the team as well. But I'll give most of the credit to the will of the Cleveland players.

As far as Phil.. You think Phil just sat there and didn't bark at Jordan and Pippen?
Here you go:

5147F8BV1ZL.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well getting back to the subject, why was it bad for KD to talk smack to Oklahoma? Don't they all talk a bit of smack? Nothing wrong with that imo and no need to get pissy about it because they are engaged

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Phil.. You think Phil just sat there and didn't bark at Jordan and Pippen?

Didn't say that. He barked as Shaq and Kobe occasionally too. Doesn't mean he was telling them what to do all the time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article here that came out this morning on Phil Jackson. Politics, D Rose, Carmello, Lebron, D Wade and....

"I don't care about the triangle. I care about systematically playing basketball."

-Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson Q&A: 'We don't have the Rolls-Royce'