• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Lions always suck?

TheConfidante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a question for myself...and I thought about it and thought about it. Why...no matter who the coach is...who the players are...from year to year do the Lions suck. You could switch teams with the Patriots, and they would go from winning to losing just because they are the Lions. Ford? I don't buy it. Despite the myths, he has actually brought in people to succeed. He doesn't make the plays or coach the team.

What do I think it is? Mentality and culture of losing within the team and the fans. It's so entrenched within the fanbase and the organization, that even when the Lions have the potential to do well, fans expect them to lose. When the fans still expect you to lose, it WILL get into your head and it will affect how you play.

It's like a catch 22 and a never ending cycle. The Browns and their fanbase have the same problems. Team moves to Baltimore and succeeds. New Browns team is made and still sucks.

If you expect your team to lose, they will lose. If the team knows the fans expect you to lose, even when you do well, it will affect you mentally.

I challenge everyone to think positively for the next two weeks about the Lions despite what you've seen this season..and truly believe in them. And spread the word and this post. Hope the Bears and Packers lose next week. You would be very surprised at what will happen!:suds:

K

kengel6

Lions should move to LA and give Detroit an expansion team, with a NEW owner.

In 10 years, we'll be in the Super Bowl.

I can wait.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well theres one consistent here. The owner. So piece it together how you will. The tigers were the same way until their owner decided he wanted to actually give them the time and resources that he gave the wings. Now the tigers are perennial world series contenders. Also they havent been the same since harry colon left.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to off Liver Spot Ford already..

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think positive thought huh ? lol Well ok. Fwiw, I won't be watching the Lions (probably beat the Giants) Sunday. That alone should help me think more positive thoughts Sunday. Ford has owned the team for 50 years. During that time, the Lions have gone through 14 head coaches not counting Schwartz. The number of them who have gone on to head coach another NFL team stands at zero. But you tell me the problem is the mentality of the fans. That's cute.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that a few weeks ago....if you put the pats in the lions uniforms....would they still lose like the lions? Is it really a curse?