• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good until you realize that 3 of those 4 teams will lose their last game and slip in the rankings

Depends on what happens behind them and how badly they get beat.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the last two playoffs had teams that didn’t even make it to their conference championship games. Clearly it isn’t that important. Nor should it be.
Why did the BigXII add a CCG? Because it does matter. It simply doesn't matter the way some up here believe it should. Having an extra quality win is absolutely a bonus that helps some make it in. See UW last year. Without that win against Colorado they aren't in. Losing that game is also probably worse than not being in it at all. Not every team requires it to get in such as Ohio State last year and Bama this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good until you realize that 3 of those 4 teams will lose their last game and slip in the rankings

What does this matter?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team requires it to get in such as Ohio State last year and Bama this year.

It's all relative to what the other teams do. Alabama this year does not get in the previous 3 years.

In fact, it took a heavy shitting of the bed by other teams to lead to a playoff with 2 SEC teams. Wisconsin wins against Ohio St, Alabama is out. Ohio St doesn't lose to Iowa, Alabama is out. USC beats ND instead of being blown out, Alabama is out. etc.

And if any of those things had happened and Alabama was on the outside looking in, contrary to what some believe, it wouldn't be because of anything subjective. It wouldn't be because there was a lack of "objective" metrics or any kind of crap like that. It would have been very clear - you didn't get it done. You had an entire season to prove you belonged and you failed to do it.

This year, Alabama got lucky. I doubt next year the requirements will be so low.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly the point. It's all relative and it should be. I don't want auto anything. EARN THAT SHIT FFS!!

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You folks picked him, not me. As to the universe, a lot of folks outside of your fine state tend kind of think that the opposite is true. Why give them fodder? :noidea:

Christ, I'm not from Alabama :L

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that's exactly what's going to happen. I don't think it'll be as bad as OSU last year because this Clemson team isn't as good as that one but it's not going to be close
I disagree. I think Bama heals and it'll be just as close as the last two games with Clem were. But, I think it will be lower scoring.

But, what the hell do I know!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think Bama heals and it'll be just as close as the last two games with Clem were. But, I think it will be lower scoring.

But, what the hell do I know!

Don't tell anyone, but Alabama gonna win by 2 TD's.

But yes, lower scoring for sure.

DQ350A7UMAAAPTQ.png:large

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Great Dayne Get in here and set these guys straight

Well @Great Dayne still has his tail between his legs but I'll give my best shot at his response.

"As long as we don't let #8 see the field on defense and Hornytoad keeps it under 3 pick sixes then we beat Bama by two TDs. No way that pathetic offense can move the ball on our defense.
I mean Bama got dominated by Auburn who lost to LSU who got their asses kicked by Troy!
Buhahahahahaha

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @Great Dayne still has his tail between his legs but I'll give my best shot at his response.

"As long as we don't let #8 see the field on defense and Hornytoad keeps it under 3 pick sixes then we beat Bama by two TDs. No way that pathetic offense can move the ball on our defense.
I mean Bama got dominated by Auburn who lost to LSU who got their asses kicked by Troy!
Buhahahahahaha
qxxb0_s-200x150.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the BigXII add a CCG? Because it does matter. It simply doesn't matter the way some up here believe it should. Having an extra quality win is absolutely a bonus that helps some make it in. See UW last year. Without that win against Colorado they aren't in. Losing that game is also probably worse than not being in it at all. Not every team requires it to get in such as Ohio State last year and Bama this year.
Nuttin' says a conference has to have a CCG to determine its champion. The only reason the Big 12 stupidly put the CCG in was because of being told by the CFP committee that the reason they were left out in 2014 was because they didn't have a 13th data point.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Alabama is as shitty as 2015 Iowa was, I'll enjoy watching them get embarrassed in the CFP!

I just want to score. Anything past that is a bonus. I've seen 2 teams shut out in the playoffs and that is just cruel and unusual punishment(and extremely fun from the other end).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly the point. It's all relative and it should be. I don't want auto anything. EARN THAT SHIT FFS!!
How do you earn it? Win all your games? We have four teams in this year that DIDN'T win all their games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuttin' says a conference has to have a CCG to determine its champion. The only reason the Big 12 stupidly put the CCG in was because of being told by the CFP committee that the reason they were left out in 2014 was because they didn't have a 13th data point.

It was the reason they were left out in 2014, along with Ohio St blowing out Wisconsin. A quality win for either of the top2 Big12 teams would have likely made a difference.

If Alabama had this years resume in 2014, Alabama wouldn't even have been in the discussion.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you earn it? Win all your games? We have four teams in this year that DIDN'T win all their games.

Prove you are among the best teams in the country.

Why do people keep acting like they don't know how this is done? The entire history of college football since 1936 has been about proving you deserve to be the national champion. Suddenly, we go to a 4 game playoff and nobody knows how to make it?

Play a quality schedule and win. Don't get blown out by anyone, much less an unranked team. And if you lose, realize you just lost control of things and you sit and watch to see if/hope everyone else fucks up more.