• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why College Football is the best sport in the world

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is great to be in the PAC12. Won't lose any rivalries. Not ever.

All those rivalries are former Big 12 rivalries one Big least... Big least is dead and Big12 is in danger of not being around in 10 years imo.

I am sure the SEC, B1G are also quite confident in the continuation of it's rivalries.

ACC @ least for another 15 years now I guess.

and for the record, Oklahoma doesn't deserve this. One of a handful of the richest CFB programs in the country should not be losing rivalries.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years have Oregon versus Oregon State been playing football against each other?

Keeps me coming back for more every year no matter how many times we lose the game.

Civil War weekend...PRICELESS!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it might be the best it is still being watered down just like the NCAA basketball tournament. I saw where they are adding even more bowl games for 6-6 teams... :L

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the speed of the game. in the nfl everyone is so freakin fast that u don't notice. in college u can actually see the speed on display. I just love watching a guy break one. it is rare in the nfl

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college football. I love NFL football more. Now that college might actually have a decent way to crown a champion maybe that will change but I doubt it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record, Oklahoma doesn't deserve this. One of a handful of the richest CFB programs in the country should not be losing rivalries.

Actually, OU chose Teja$ over Nebraska when the XII was formed. It was never the same after it ceased being an annual game... :bawling:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, OU chose Teja$ over Nebraska when the XII was formed. It was never the same after it ceased being an annual game... :bawling:

How so given the way the conference was split in two, North and South. And for what it's worth Texas was rival long before Nebraska for OU...fact.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the great things about college ball is you are affiliated for life. Pros, even some of the best pros (Manning, Montana, Rice, etc.) can end up on a different team in their career. But college? You are a Husker, a Hokie, a Buckeye, a Duck, a Razorback, FOR LIFE.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so given the way the conference was split in two, North and South. And for what it's worth Texas was rival long before Nebraska for OU...fact.

No shit Sherlock. And if you didn't know that OU was given the option to pick one, that is your bad...

"The annual rivalry effectively ended when Oklahoma was lined up in the Southern division of the newly formed Big 12 to maintain its rivalry with Texas and also its recruiting hotbeds in Texas."

Nebraska?Oklahoma football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BOOM goes the truth bomb!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this pretty much says it all:

[YOUTUBE]-lGrARvsuD0[/YOUTUBE]

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit Sherlock. And if you didn't know that OU was given the option to pick one, that is your bad...

"The annual rivalry effectively ended when Oklahoma was lined up in the Southern division of the newly formed Big 12 to maintain its rivalry with Texas and also its recruiting hotbeds in Texas."

Nebraska?Oklahoma football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BOOM goes the truth bomb!

Err....

Truth bomb?

The divisions were constructed using geography for financial and common sense reasons. You're implying that Oklahoma CHOSE which division they would inhabit?:laugh3:

How in the hell is the conference going to maintain OU having TWO annual games with tx and neb? We all know that OU was the gem of the BIG 8 AND the BIG XII, but there's realistically no way that could have happened.

I think you're looking too hard for a reason to pin neb's cut and run on OU.

Trust me...we would have LOVED to have been stuck up in the EASY north with you bugeaters.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deliciousness of your vanquished rival's tears

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the pageantry. You don't see anything like it in any other sport. All of the traditions and rituals are on a completely different level. The only thing that really comes close is soccer in terms of pageantry is international soccer.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this:

LSUBro-gif.gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The never ending bucket list of CFB towns and stadiums to watch a game at. As well as the never ending different fans of different teams you can get to know and hang out with at tailgaters.

Just in the last few years I have got to meet Buckeye, Badger, Auburn, and LSU fans.

In the near future I get to go to Lincoln, NE and see the Sea of Red in person and meet their fans. Also I will be able to see them @ Autzen.

Now that is awesome.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football is the best sport in the world because USC rules. That's why!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football is the best sport in the world because USC rules. That's why!!

I think you may be the first person in this thread who was flat out wrong. :lol:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna throw a fly in the ointment and say college football is not the greatest sport, although I wish it was, because I love college football....but...it has a major flaw---the lack of consistency and uniformity between conferences. Currently each conference caters to their own agenda rather than look at the big picture.

IMO what weakens the college football experience is the uneven playing field----conferences without CCG's....some conferences playing 8 games and others playing 9 within the conference....some schools choosing to play FCS opponents (very lame)....independent teams.

College football would be much better if the five power conferences (SEC, B1G, PAC, Big XII, ACC) would break-away to form their own elite division and enact policies to make sure all five power conferences play by the same rules...for example, here would be some rules for this new five conference elite division:

- all five conferences must have either 14 or 16 members, divided into two divisions

- no independent teams...all teams must be a member of a conference

- all conferences must play a CCG between the two division winners

- 13 game regular season with 10 games being in-conference (5 home and 5 away)...thus, 3 OOC games

- 7 wins for Bowl eligibility (only a winning record gets rewarded...again, a 13 game regular season)

- no FCS opponents

- a minimum of two of the three OOC games must be played against teams from the other 4 power conferences

- only one OOC game may be played against a mid-major FBS conference team, and this game cannot be played in November (the one allowed game vs. an FBS mid-major opponent policy will help to ensure schools have 7 home games...which is necessary for many schools in order to meet AD budget requirements)

- no byes during week number 1...everyone must play week number 1

- the season begins the 3rd week of August around the 23rd, 24th of the month in order to accommodate a 13 week regular season plus a bye week (many university Fall semesters start at this time, so campuses will be populated and bustling)

Everyone playing by the same rules is good, mmmkay?

Again, I love college football...but, I would definitely like it a lot more if everyone in college football played by the same rules, and the policies I listed above were to be enacted. Uniformity and consistency is the key to improving college football.

Last edited by a moderator: