• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why College Football is the best sport in the world

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All CFB fans tell us why.

The rivalries. We despise our rivals, but love the rivalry. There is nothing better in the sports fan's world than that rivalry week.

The unmatched passion of the fans. Whether you are 18 when many of us got serious about this sport all the way to 78, you feel like a college student when at the game.

Saturdays at home with nothing to do but watch Gameday and an entire slate of games.

..... whatcha got cfb fans

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I go to games I like getting drunk with and meeting the visiting teams fans

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... and all that college ass

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also love how the National Championship picture changes every week.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a hardcore CFB fan since I was 12. Loved watching all the games.

But the atmosphere is the best part. There's nothing like those Saturday night games with national title implications on the line with teams fighting for every inch they earn. High pressure situations, do or die. 80,000+ fans screaming as loud as possible either busting your eardrums or blasting the surround sound on the TV. It's just a different vibe.

Also, college football games are events, where baseball and softball and basketball are simply exhibition matches. Every game factors in to your season as an important game. Going 24-10 in basketball is like going 8-4 in CFB, but in basketball you can have that record and still play for the national championship. Just imagine if basketball was like CFB... it would have been Florida-Arizona for the title game, and everyone else was just playing in "bowl" games. THat would actually be cool to see...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where else do you find rival fans that can taunt and yet have a drink with each other at the same time?

Where else do you find a few thousand young coeds? And Cheerleaders that aren't yet 'tainted'.

Tailgating unrivaled.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like attending a college football game. Cougars gonna wake some muthafuckas up this year, bishes! Only hope that it is you and not me who is awakened!.

Last edited by a moderator:

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overall atmosphere, tradition and festivities of college gameday are simply unmatched. Nothing else even comes close.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rivalries. We despise our rivals, but love the rivalry. There is nothing better in the sports fan's world than that rivalry week.

The unmatched passion of the fans. Whether you are 18 when many of us got serious about this sport all the way to 78, you feel like a college student when at the game.

Saturdays at home with nothing to do but watch Gameday and an entire slate of games.

Yeah but the rivalry's are slowly disappering with conference realignments. No more OU-Nebraska no more Texas-A&M no more Nebraska-Colorado no more WV-Pittsburgh. It's sad to see money taking over college football.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s already been covered here, but the spirit and atmosphere leading up to gameday is unrivaled. I’ve been long gone from my college days, but I can still remember like it was yesterday the atmosphere on campus the entire week building up to a big game. Friday night after all your classes were wrapped up for the week, getting fucked up beyond belief and being trashed & hungover on Saturday morning and somehow continuing the party at the game. Screaming your lungs out at the game and calling the refs all kinds of nasty names. And the chicks at the game, ah yes! Then the party continued Saturday night win or lose.......

Once you’ve dedicated yourself to getting your degree, you form a very strong bond with your school. It lasts for life. That cannot be said for pro sports in my opinion. That’s a business first and foremost, and there’s no passion in business games.....

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great topic Mamba! It’s the reason I have a 73” TV.

:suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Europe until I was five.

Moved to the States to Omaha, Nebraska. I was a fair athlete. I played all the sports and I had to be outside, no TV watching for me(unless it was football.)

Started watching this football game stuff. Saw the violent collisions and the passes, the running, and the tackling. I decided that was the best game to watch and play.

Every Saturday and Sunday I did spend time in front of the television for Saturday morning cartoons, then outside to play football. Come back in and watch a college game. Usually it was Notre Dame or USC it seems. I saw a lot of OJ Simpson on TV.

Sunday was Green Bay Packers day. Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, Herb Adderley, Donnie Anderson, Jim Taylor, Willie Wood, Ray Nitshcke, Elijah Pitts, Carroll Dale......

Now, College football is my passion. Thursday Night and a full Saturday. Sometimes I can watch the other nights Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, but not really into it then. My wife is into Pro Football more than me. I have to use Sunday to do my weekend chores that I blew off on Saturday.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT JUST IS.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you can get curb stomped in back to back NCG's and still believe in your team.

I have seriously checked out on every other sport other than College Football

Go Buckeyes
Beat Michigan

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the rivalry's are slowly disappering with conference realignments. No more OU-Nebraska no more Texas-A&M no more Nebraska-Colorado no more WV-Pittsburgh. It's sad to see money taking over college football.

It is great to be in the PAC12. Won't lose any rivalries. Not ever.

All those rivalries are former Big 12 rivalries one Big least... Big least is dead and Big12 is in danger of not being around in 10 years imo.

I am sure the SEC, B1G are also quite confident in the continuation of it's rivalries.

ACC @ least for another 15 years now I guess.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tradition...over 100 years for most programs. This predates most professional sport.
2. Geographically specific...you have many programs that are in small towns, you don't have to have a metroplex to have a great storied program...not to mention the geographic rivalries, some in-state...some cross-border.
3. True involvement...goes way deeper than just throwing down cash for seats. Some fans attended the institution and are very involved in ways other than sitting in a seat and cheering.
4. Every game means something...pro sports you can drop a few games and still contend...drop a couple in CFB and you're probably toast.
5. Love of the game...kids aren't getting paid..well most aren't ;)

CFB >>>>> anything

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just always been a part of my life. Every year is a new thing and the landscape is constantly changing, often times dramatically, even while many things overall stay the same.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tradition...over 100 years for most programs. This predates most professional sport.
2. Geographically specific...you have many programs that are in small towns, you don't have to have a metroplex to have a great storied program...not to mention the geographic rivalries, some in-state...some cross-border.
3. True involvement...goes way deeper than just throwing down cash for seats. Some fans attended the institution and are very involved in ways other than sitting in a seat and cheering.
4. Every game means something...pro sports you can drop a few games and still contend...drop a couple in CFB and you're probably toast.
5. Love of the game...kids aren't getting paid..well most aren't ;)

CFB >>>>> anything
:10: