• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your 1 and 2 seeds right now?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1s seem pretty easy as I think Oklahoma, Iowa, UNC and Nova would,be most people's list. 2s are more interesting. I got Xavier, Kansas, Oregon and Iowa St. There are about 5 or 6 others you could argue for. What do you got?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1s seem pretty easy as I think Oklahoma, Iowa, UNC and Nova would,be most people's list. 2s are more interesting. I got Xavier, Kansas, Oregon and Iowa St. There are about 5 or 6 others you could argue for. What do you got?

As it stands right now, I can't disagree.. this is turning out to be a strange season. UNC and Maryland are the only pre-season favs still hanging around. You must not be sold on tA&M yet.. but I guess we'll see when they face ISU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1's:

1. Oklahoma
2. UNC
3. Iowa
4. Villanova

2's:

1. Texas A&M
2. Kansas
3. Xavier
4. Iowa State

Just missed: Oregon, Providence, Virginia, Maryland

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now, I can't disagree.. this is turning out to be a strange season. UNC and Maryland are the only pre-season favs still hanging around. You must not be sold on tA&M yet.. but I guess we'll see when they face ISU.
I've got TAMU 9 on my S curve right now

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, it's still very hard, IMO to project on the "S" curve after the top 3. Typically the committee favors a team that has less losses(Texas A&M) despite having fewer quality wins than another team(Kansas/Iowa State), if the quality wins are relatively close. A&M is tied for 4th in top 25 RPI wins(behind, surprisingly, MSU then Oklahoma, and Iowa State) so they do have GREAT wins, but only one win 26-50.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's about to get knocked off of your 2 seed line rmilia.

If Arizona gets Trier back after these two games with Oregon and he immediately starts playing the way he was before the injury I believe we will end up on the 2 seed line. I could see 14-4 in the PAC, 26-5 overall (and obviously we would need to win the PAC tourney), and if we hit that we will likely end up a two seed. Right now I think we are a 5 seed but considering the injuries we have had if we are playing full strength come tourney time we can be a 2 seed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's about to get knocked off of your 2 seed line rmilia.

If Arizona gets Trier back after these two games with Oregon and he immediately starts playing the way he was before the injury I believe we will end up on the 2 seed line. I could see 14-4 in the PAC, 26-5 overall (and obviously we would need to win the PAC tourney), and if we hit that we will likely end up a two seed. Right now I think we are a 5 seed but considering the injuries we have had if we are playing full strength come tourney time we can be a 2 seed.
If you guys go 26-5 (14-4) and then win the P12 tourney you'll be a 1 seed imo.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... no. Iowa is clearly a 1 seed right now. Probably the number 2 1 seed.

Idk about #2 1 seed.

I think OU and UNC forsure are above them and you could give Nova the conference tiebreaker.

But you are definitely not being a homer. Kinda a matter of opinion how you rank the 4 right now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway Zona gets a 1 seed outside of going unbeaten the rest of the way. If they finish unbeaten the rest of the way they will sit at 27-4(15-3) with an RPI of 6 and an SOS in the upper 60's. They would STILL need to win the conference tournament in order to get a 1 seed IMO.

The thing killing Zona is their truly awful Non Conf SOS of 250.

If they do what they are projected to do 25-6 that would put their RPI at 16

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about #2 1 seed.

I think OU and UNC forsure are above them and you could give Nova the conference tiebreaker.

But you are definitely not being a homer. Kinda a matter of opinion how you rank the 4 right now.
I've only got Oklahoma ahead of them right not. UNC doesn't have the quality if wins and they have a bad loss although I can see a way you may have UNC 2nd when the Paige injury is factored in but Iowa's SoS is so much better it's tough fir ne to have UNC 2nd

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only got Oklahoma ahead of them right not. UNC doesn't have the quality if wins and they have a bad loss although I can see a way you may have UNC 2nd when the Paige injury is factored in but Iowa's SoS is so much better it's tough fir ne to have UNC 2nd

Yeah thats true I just know someone like Lunardi had Iowa as a 2 seed until KU lost so he sees something in UNC as well.

I never truly care as long as team isnt grossly over/underseed. If most have them as a 4 and they get a 3/5 its whatever to me.

The 4 1 seeds are set for now that much is a fact lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway Zona gets a 1 seed outside of going unbeaten the rest of the way. If they finish unbeaten the rest of the way they will sit at 27-4(15-3) with an RPI of 6 and an SOS in the upper 60's. They would STILL need to win the conference tournament in order to get a 1 seed IMO.

I expect another 2 losses in conference play… I'm think we end up a 2-3 seed. Not that it really matters anyways, I mean the parity this year is insane. There are going to be tons of upsets come March… more than usual by the way some of these "tops seeds" look.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon is the best in the Pac12 right now.

Once we get Trier back things will change though.

My 1's- Oklahoma, Nova, UNC, Iowa
My 2's- Xaiver, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oregon

This list will be so much different a month from now.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I hear you, but I think a significant factor is that we've played 75% of our season with a major star missing from our lineup (first Zeus then Trier) after losing a major star for the year two weeks before the season started and are 16-4 still. I think if we get Trier back after this trip and play the way we are capable of playing while at full strength (I envision running through the rest of the PAC season handily) then I feel the committee would be taking into account the team we are now, not the team we were during the losses.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it isn't then some team is going to be pretty annoyed at having to face a #3 or #4 seeded Arizona team if they are at full strength come March. Who knows if we ever get firing on all cylinders since it's so tough when the continuity isn't there (especially when Miller's defense hinges so much on everybody being in the right spot at the right time at all times), but if they get to where they are capable of being this team is significantly better than the rest of the PAC and that's actually saying something this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I hear you, but I think a significant factor is that we've played 75% of our season with a major star missing from our lineup (first Zeus then Trier) after losing a major star for the year two weeks before the season started and are 16-4 still. I think if we get Trier back after this trip and play the way we are capable of playing while at full strength (I envision running through the rest of the PAC season handily) then I feel the committee would be taking into account the team we are now, not the team we were during the losses.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it isn't then some team is going to be pretty annoyed at having to face a #3 or #4 seeded Arizona team if they are at full strength come March. Who knows if we ever get firing on all cylinders since it's so tough when the continuity isn't there (especially when Miller's defense hinges so much on everybody being in the right spot at the right time at all times), but if they get to where they are capable of being this team is significantly better than the rest of the PAC and that's actually saying something this year.

I understand where you are coming from, but Arizona is 6-2 with Zeus and Trier in the lineup with the best win coming against Arizona State. I just think the committee is going to penalize Arizona for their weak Non Conf. SoS, if they base it on what they've done in the past with seeding/selection. At this point we don't know how good they will be at full strength.

If Arizona ends up as projected on the 3/4 line, I think they will be underrated at that point because I think their play is better than their resume.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that makes sense. I'm just hoping we get a chance to be a 4 seed in Villanova's region, just like I was hoping for the 2 seed in their region last year ::sigh::

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that makes sense. I'm just hoping we get a chance to be a 4 seed in Villanova's region, just like I was hoping for the 2 seed in their region last year ::sigh::

If the committee keeps Arizona out west(which I would lean towards, even on the 3/4 line) they will end up playing the worst 1 seed(at least by resume), which they got last year with Wisconsin. But Wisconsin should have been the #2 or #3 overall seed based on actual play.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As an Arizona homer, even I can admit we aren't winning out. If we are 100% percent come March though, I would love to be a 3 or 4.