• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's worse? ACC bball fans or SEC fball fans?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no contest IMO. Its SEC football fans all the way. Those guys seem to think CFB only started in 1998 or something. At least ACC BB fans appreciate the tradition and prestige of leagues other than their own and can speak intelligently on other teams in other leagues. I honestly dont know too many SEC football fans that can do the same.

Now I will admit... I have been on many boards where the SEC gets attacked for something currently going on (e.g. weak OOC schedule or something) and then you adequately defend the argument... and inevitable some fan (e.g. Michigan) will throw out how many championships they have won since since the emancipation proclamation.

So to you point of thinking football only started in 1998... I can see it both ways.

I will pick on my own team, Florida. Florida never had a good football program until the 90's... and our basketball team got lucky to make the final four in 1994 with Lon Kruger... but really has only become a powerhouse since Billy got there.. and the success didn't come overnight.

So why do I care how many national championships some team won back when they had no facemask and the % of black athletes allowed to play was dismal?

My only point is... you can't mix your timeframes when one starts losing a debate. That is like the kid who doesn't get picked up to play football so he decides to take his ball and go home. It just looks bad. If we are talking about this year's team... it has nothing to do with last year.. much less 40 years ago or longer.

I recently had this on this board (although I didn't respond) when a select Michigan fan didn't like my logic, and immediately said Michigan would beat Florida by double digits just like they did last year.

What relevance does it have this year? none... and secretly inside I hope Florida gets Michigan in March because I think the outcome would be similar to last year but in a different direction since we both have completely different teams this year. But to this fan, throwing in history somehow brought him comfort... so I just let it go.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what's the worst? any thread starter that leads to us even mentioning the shitpile that is college football on this board

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
krzyzewski-ST-575x398.jpg

There's not much I dislike more than Duke basketball fans. The shameless arrogance starts at the top.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a simple and non-biased list of football threads started by SEC -Homers vs threads started by SEC-Haters.

If that could be compiled in an honest fashion, I believe most of the “SEC Arrogance” would be completely overshadowed by the haters. You simply don’t have the numbers of SEC Homers STARTING threads to puff up about the SEC. I do agree once the subject is breached by a hater with one of their ENDLESS rants about how inferior SEC football is, many in the SEC fire back. If you see that as being arrogant, then you’re an idiot. Don’t expect to talk shit without getting some responses you don’t like to hear, and let’s not even get started about the facts of the SEC’s DOMINANCE in the BCS Era. For God’s sake, last year was the first time in a generation the SEC didn’t dominate like a fat man at a doughnut eating contest. If you don’t like the conference, that’s fine. But don’t mistake dominance with arrogance. It’s not a direct 100% correlation.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what's the worst? any thread starter that leads to us even mentioning the shitpile that is college football on this board

Exactly. They can’t get enough attention with their hate over in the FB board so it bleeds over here. I’m sorry to pollute this thread with my previous post, but felt the need to respond to the troll. I will cease to discuss football in this board however. You are correct Sir!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC snobishness is strong on this board.

I'm not sure it tops the SEC fball snobs, though. I'm still deciding...

Thoughts?

Who's a snob? I never bragged on the ACC.

Don't pay any attention to my signature whatsoever. :yahoo:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the ACC should just go ahead and snatch up Cinci and UConn. Why not?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get on the basketball boards much, so I haven't seen how ACC fans act. I haven't seen any conference fan base worse than SEC fans, simply b/c the concept of Teams win Titles, Not Conferences doesn't register with Team SEC. The irrelevant teams in the SEC will suck off Bama, LSU, UF, etc like no other and claim SEC Supremacy, even though UK, Vandy, Arky, Mrs. State, Ole Mrs, etc have nothing to do with, nor have ever been relevant in the BCS title picture, but in their minds, if Bama wins the BCS title, they are all BCS title winners. Do VA TECH, Miami, FSU, BC fans teabag the shit out of UNC and Duke?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man do I agree with this. College football is a disgrace and full of the biggest scumbags in the world - coaches and players. That said SEC grid fans are simply impossible to put up with. I'm a lifer SU fan but am certainly no ACC fan. I've never liked the ACC and doubt at this stage I will. Still ACC hoops fans are snobbish while SEC grid fans are simply assholes - not all but certainly a lot of them. What I miss most is Billy Packer trying to convince the world the Big East was not as good as the ACC. All those yrs of that douche bag making an idiot of himself was really entertaining.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote alloutofnames from the espn board days.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no contest IMO. Its SEC football fans all the way. Those guys seem to think CFB only started in 1998 or something. At least ACC BB fans appreciate the tradition and prestige of leagues other than their own and can speak intelligently on other teams in other leagues. I honestly dont know too many SEC football fans that can do the same.

:boom:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote alloutofnames from the espn board days.

He showed up here too and burned his bridge really quick. He's one of the tops all-time in attempting to sneak back in on alts. Tried daily for months.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC! ACC! ACC! :happy:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irrelevant teams in the SEC will suck off Bama, LSU, UF, etc like no other and claim SEC Supremacy, even though UK, Vandy, Arky, Mrs. State, Ole Mrs, etc have nothing to do with, nor have ever been relevant in the BCS title picture, but in their minds, if Bama wins the BCS title, they are all BCS title winners.

Maybe so; but during basketball season.....UK and Florida {since Billy D has been there}carry the SEC banner for all the football teams who have nothing to do with, nor have ever been relevant in basketball... but in their minds, if UK or Florida wins the NCAA Basketball title, they are all NCAA basketball title winners.

That's called supporting your conference...and I will support all the SEC teams right up until they play UK...then I want UK to kick their sorry asses. I will still defend the SEC teams against trash talk from other conference fans. I'm Sister Sledge-ing it........

ACC and SEC..........just fans supporting their conferences.

The arrogance is more often demonstrated in their own conferences against the bottom dwellers in that sport and in the conference their team plays in. <==== That's My Story and I'm Sticking to it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people find ACC basketball fans to be obnoxious? From my experience, at least on this board, the ACC seems to have pretty good fans. I've seen plenty of Cuse supporters say that they aren't a true #1 team this year, and that the ACC is weaker than usual.

That's true enough but we ACC fans do love our basketball teams nearly as much as the SEC guys love their football teams. At least the entire ACC fanbases do not claim a NC when an ACC team wins the title.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't argue this.

I can, but won't. I will point out that Ohio State fb fans are worse than all SEC fb fans combined.

I also hate to do this to you, rmilia1, but you left out an apostrophe right after your blanket comment about the ability to speak intelligently.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can, but won't. I will point out that Ohio State fb fans are worse than all SEC fb fans combined.

I also hate to do this to you, rmilia1, but you left out an apostrophe right after your blanket comment about the ability to speak intelligently.

Please do (argue), I'm interested.

I was Big East guy up until this year, a die hard one at that, mad props to the BE squads, but I love the prestige and tradition, and with Louisville next year we will certainly be a top dog. Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, UNC, Duke, say whatttttt.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do (argue), I'm interested.

I was Big East guy up until this year, a die hard one at that, mad props to the BE squads, but I love the prestige and tradition, and with Louisville next year we will certainly be a top dog. Cuse, Pitt, Louisville, UNC, Duke, say whatttttt.

YEP

:10::agree:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need here is an "Alabama - New York Yankees - Dallas Cowboys - Ohio State" fan to be hated by all. :suds:

Alright, the Cowboys shot was a low blow.