• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's going to make the Playoffs in 2016?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they'd be great like they were. Baylor was easily a top 5 D line in the entire country. I'm just saying that that was the reason people wrote off Clemson this season and look what they did? I'm buying into what Baylor is doing. Whoever wins the Baylor Oklahoma game likely wins the Big 12. I give TCU an outside shot with a healthy Boykin.

Pointing out 1 team that survived is hardly evidence. Their are another 20 that didnt. Baylor has to replace a lot on both lines and never had a top 20 class.

Boykin is gone. Their offense is gutted. I would bet the defense is solid next year, but no idea on the offense.

Last edited:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out 1 team that survived is hardly evidence. Their are another 20 that didnt. Baylor has to replace a lot on both lines and never had a top 20 class.

Boykin is gone. Their offense is gutted. I would bet the defense is solid next year, but no idea on the offense.

You're right about Boykin. Don't know why I thought he was a junior. Baylor is #12 in the rankings right now. I'm just not writing Baylor off. That's just me though.

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it's nice to see people picking Tennessee to make the playoffs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about the PAC and who has the most talent:

Oregon has coaching issues they just aren't the same.
UCLA has coaching looking to get out of there including the HC.
Stanford will be replacing a 4 year starter at QB.
Washington isn't ready for the big stage yet.
The Arizona teams can't get their act together.
I wouldn't be on Utah.

USC has improved under Helton and I like the coaching hires he has made. If he can land a great class this year and should things will start to fall into place. Since the PAC got left out of the playoff this year my guess is the committee is going to be looking for excuses to put a PAC team in and USC seems to make the most sense to me right now. I think they have at least one loss but undefeated teams are very rare now anyway.

True, but it seems like they have the most talent every year and they are losing Kessler, who was a big part of their success. I'm sure they have some kid waiting to take over, but maybe the PAC will just be left out again bc I am seeing a lot of teams being down this upcoming year.

Washington State is a dark-horse. Falk is back, but to pick them in the Final 4 would be pretty bold.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson will be double digit favorites vs all those teams except maybe FSU. Of course no one is,reallt ever a lock but next year Clemson will be as close as you can get. It's just asking who we THINK is going to make it. Right now Clemson, OU abd BAMA should all be favored to win their leagues. That means they'll be on the playoff, probably with either Michigan, Iowa, UCLA or Oregon. Houston will probably make it if they beat Oklahoma. Add in FSU and Tennessee and those are really the only teams I could see making the,playoff right now but there will probably be 4 completely different teams

Its like Jan 2015 in here. Clemson is good, maybe the best team in the nation in 2015. They return most of their team. Well, in Jan of 2015 OSU was the best team. They returned almost everyone and they had a fat bucket of popcorn in their laps during the playoffs.

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to pick (no order)

Clemson
Michigan
Stanford
LSU

Dark Horses:
Oklahoma State
Houston

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it seems like they have the most talent every year and they are losing Kessler, who was a big part of their success. I'm sure they have some kid waiting to take over, but maybe the PAC will just be left out again bc I am seeing a lot of teams being down this upcoming year.

Washington State is a dark-horse. Falk is back, but to pick them in the Final 4 would be pretty bold.

My Darkhorse for the PAC is Washington. I believe they return most the team. The defense should be elite. They started a true fish at QB and struggle on offense. If they can get the offense to average, they should be a PAC contender. (too early to really do work, so I maybe off on their returning starters)

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right about Boykin. Don't know why I thought he was a junior. Baylor is #12 in the rankings right now. I'm just not writing Baylor off. That's just me though.

I think they will likely be the normal Baylor. Great offense and a terrible defense. They had a legit shot to make noise in 2015, but injuries derailed them. 2015 also highlighted the fact that Baylor was good, but lacked depth to be a perennial playoff contender.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its like Jan 2015 in here. Clemson is good, maybe the best team in the nation in 2015. They return most of their team. Well, in Jan of 2015 OSU was the best team. They returned almost everyone and they had a fat bucket of popcorn in their laps during the playoffs.
Sure and,everyone picked OSU last year. No reason not to pick Clemson

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonna depend on Kenny Hill IMHO.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Clemson
2.Alabama
3.Oregon
4.Michigan

Most likely in that order of final rankings,

meaning we FINALLY get the anticipated matchup of Oregon vs Alabama.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boise made the playoff, I think the board would explode in rage. That would be great to see. :plotting:

We will have a better case after Washington State wins the Pac-12 with an 12-1 record :lou:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, seriously you all are pissing me off. Our name is Michigan State, not Michigan. Get your shit together.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nearly enough Boise State talk going on in here. There are fuckers walking around that have been struck by lightning multiple times.......it could happen.:D

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference is that OSU couldn't decide on a quarterback and the loss of our offensive coord was HUGE. 3/4 of the way through the season and we were having our O-line coach starting to call the plays... not good! I know I"m gonna catch shit for this, but I think Clemson was actually the best team in the nation this year despite losing the bama. Saban knew it.. that's why he needed an onside kick to stay just ahead. otherwise, clemson easily takes the lead and keeps it. Clemson keeps their QB healthy and they're #1 for sure.