• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Better? Washington, Colorado, or USC

Who is the best team among these choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you were going the homer route. But now you've gone full OD :dhd: I brought this up in the other thread. Still not seeing a valid argument against an expanded play offs

:L :L :L :L

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finished with the 2nd highest SOS. But the arguments were getting ridiculous.. With analysis's saying the committee looks at personel changes. Saying they would look at their body of work since Darnold was named starter. Down the lin to several other things that made me smh. As an SC fan the BCS and 4 game play off system benefits them. Brand name,human polls and committee. But I don't want to see a popularity contest. I want the best teams in even if that means SC is out. With the way this year has gone I think its time for an expanded play off system and a concrete system to determine "best" team.

While I am an SC fan. All these kids from several teams risk a lot and put it on the field every week. They deserve a system that gives us a true champion. More so than the fans. The only thing getting rid of divisions does. Are potentially hurting OOC games. And causing the same complaints. At least with divisions. You play your divisional teams at least once. Cut the divisions out and scheduling becomes a focal point.

The best option. A 6-8 team play off. Where the field is more complete. And a decisive set of rules to determine the best team. CCG's should matter or we are just watering down the season. And taking an opportunity away from kids that put it on the field. This isn't a knock on OSU it just is what it is. I would be saying the same thing if it was SC in that position. We need revision imo

I'd be all for this. Let your resume do the talking for you.. this would end a lot of debates.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with removing divisions. Is scheduling. Theres too much imbalance unless you go the BIG X route. But with certain conferences thats not logical with the number of teams in some conferences. And it does take away from OOC and CCG's. And I do believe a CCG and H2H come before "resume" which is debatable. Im not for judgement calls and Human polls are flawed

I know.. and it sucks because we already screwed ourselves by expanding. But if we're gonna keep divisions, then cross division play needs to end. Round robin in the division would solve a lot of problems.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a big portion of why Im not fond of the committee set up. When you see USC getting attention. And people are making a case for a 9-3 USC team in the play off. Which their was a lot of pending the Colorado Utah game. Something is wrong with the system
This is what bugs me too. I can't remember who it was, but Saturday night after the late game when the really smart 'experts' were making their playoff choices a couple weeks ago, he put USC in saying they're clearly one of the best teams right now. Yes, they probably are, but no one should get a pass on the first quarter of the season. What's the point in even having a season if you just want to go by the eyeball test at the end of the year?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.. and it sucks because we already screwed ourselves by expanding. But if we're gonna keep divisions, then cross division play needs to end. Round robin in the division would solve a lot of problems.
But round robin isn't feasible for teams with 12 to 14 teams. Which makes it an awful option. And it doesn't solve the flaws shown this year. An expanded play off reduces the margin for error. And they will need to find an unbiased and clear method to determine "best" team. At the least a set method that is followed. Say Conference championships or Head to head accounts for said portion of the formula

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what bugs me too. I can't remember who it was, but Saturday night after the late game when the really smart 'experts' were making their playoff choices a couple weeks ago, he put USC in saying they're clearly one of the best teams right now. Yes, they probably are, but no one should get a pass on the first quarter of the season. What's the point in even having a season if you just want to go by the eyeball test at the end of the year?

I honestly think they were just saying they are one of the hottest teams, they wouldn't actually put them in the playoff. Being hot at the end of the season is very important, we saw Ohio St get hot with a 3rd string QB but the facts are you still have to have the resume.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shook my head when you hear things like that the system is flawed. Best team is not a popularity contest. How do you take an 11-1 OSU who is 8-1 in conference play. Over A penn State team who would be 11-2 9-1 in conference ,with a conference championship and a head to head win over Ohio State? People saying Michigan should bee in Over Washington if Washington wins the CCG? These are things that shouldn't even be debated. Otherwise why play the regular season. There has to be a better system imo

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they were just saying they are one of the hottest teams, they wouldn't actually put them in the playoff. Being hot at the end of the season is very important, we saw Ohio St get hot with a 3rd string QB but the facts are you still have to have the resume.
Oh, no doubt he realized it wasn't gonna happen and was just stirring shit up, but it was his top 4 playoff picks.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But round robin isn't feasible for teams with 12 to 14 teams. Which makes it an awful option. And it doesn't solve the flaws shown this year. An expanded play off reduces the margin for error. And they will need to find an unbiased and clear method to determine "best" team. At the least a set method that is followed. Say Conference championships or Head to head accounts for said portion of the formula

Right now, no, they aren't an option. We'd have to go through another realignment process.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State got inthat year because of a Conference championship and an extra win. Not because they had a third string QB Herbstreit though was hot :L By that logic SC is a hot team lets put SC in the play offs :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, no, they aren't an option. We'd have to go through another realignment process.
Oh I agree removing divisions will never work without realignment. As of now its not even close to a viable option. This is why I don't see why they shouldn't expand the play offs. And devise a clear cut system to decide play off teams. It doesn't make sense not to

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shook my head when you hear things like that the system is flawed. Best team is not a popularity contest. How do you take an 11-1 OSU who is 8-1 in conference play. Over A penn State team who would be 11-2 9-1 in conference ,with a conference championship and a head to head win over Ohio State? People saying Michigan should bee in Over Washington if Washington wins the CCG? These are things that shouldn't even be debated. Otherwise why play the regular season. There has to be a better system imo
The big 10 situation is obnoxious, and no one really seems to be talking get about that aspect, in fact, they seem to be taking Wisconsin's chances for a playoff spot more seriously than Penn state's.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got nothing against the conference divisions, and I'd have nothing against doing away with them. Really, we just have to accept that college football rankings are just as subjective as they've always been, accept and embrace it as part of the uniqueness of the sport, like we always have, and accept bias is a big factor in all of it, like we always have.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State got inthat year because of a Conference championship and an extra win. Not because they had a third string QB Herbstreit though was hot :L By that logic SC is a hot team lets put SC in the play offs :L

They were a hot team in general and yes Cardale was on a hotstreak. Their only loss was the 2nd game of the year vs Va Tech, they didn't have 3 losses like USC :L

Clark is so frustrated Ohio St is getting in. Calm down little guy. :laugh3: I love it!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#obsessed

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 10 situation is obnoxious, and no one really seems to be talking get about that aspect, in fact, they seem to be taking Wisconsin's chances for a playoff spot more seriously than Penn state's.
I think thats because a Penn State win is a complete nightmare for the play off committee. They want Wisconsin to win.Wisconsin lost their H@H with OSU and Michigan. Penn State won the H2H with OSU and would have a case. That would be opening a major can of worms for the committee. If they disregard a conference championship and a direct win over OSU. Herbstreits No tantrum was hilarious when they kept telling him PSU has the Head to Head. It was like he was being taunted. The committee is on the hot seat if PSU wins.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that, I have written down the user names of everyone who voted for USC, you're all wrong, and now on my official shit list. :finger: