• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be a good fit for Fields?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team isnt really a market. Im also not 100% sure the Bears would trade him to an NFC playoff team. I think if multiple teams showed interest in Fields then you're getting somewhere. We've seen how QBs work in the NFL. They're either worth everything or nothing. There isnt much of a middle ground.

What's the point of even moving on if you think Justin Fields is an asset to a playoff team? I get not trading him to Minnesota but other than that if you think he sucks then by all means take your 2nd through 4th round pick from Atlanta and move on.

So you keep him and just lose him for nothing because you're afraid of Atlanta? Come on man.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of even moving on if you think Justin Fields is an asset to a playoff team? I get not trading him to Minnesota but other than that if you think he sucks then by all means take your 2nd through 4th round pick from Atlanta and move on.

So you keep him and just lose him for nothing because you're afraid of Atlanta? Come on man.
I think the idea of moving on is that they'd be using Carolina's pick to take a top shelf rookie QB and that doesnt really have much to do with Fields. Heck, we saw the Colts move on from Peyton Manning to grab Andrew Luck and that was Peyton Manning.

I do think you're right that if Atlanta gave a 2nd-3rd round pick they wouldn't think twice if they were already moving on. We are getting ahead of ourselves a bit here. There is a lot of football to be played.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sack stat is misleading. Those aren't conventional sacks, instead are the result of extending plays behind the line (much like the increased sack totals for Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson).

A 4th rounder for a constantly injured Lance isn't a good indicator IMO. Fields has viable game tape, both with the NFL Bears and the high level NCAA Buckeyes. Lance has one season with North Dakota in 2019 to fall back on, nothing much else. Even Zach Wilson has more good game tape than Lance.
Do you think someone would give a second?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions or Eagles.

That's how I roll.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think someone would give a second?

There would need to be competition to drive that (or the Bears forcing that issue). I don't see why not, he's clearly better than any rookie QB that could be picked after the 1st round and doesn't need to adjust to the NFL (and still on that rookie contract). The next 3 after Caleb and Maye which could go in the 1st are plus-aged already (Daniels, Nix, Penix) with red flags for past performance and injuries.

I think a 2nd (or 3rd) would be appropriate, and wouldn't be surprised if an additional pick was added either.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold got a 2nd, 4th and 6th...And that dude blew ass for 3 years leading up to that trade. Ya never know.
True. And picked up the fifth year option.

Could happen.

Man, it’s amazing how awful Carolina has been the last few years with just about everything.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would need to be competition to drive that (or the Bears forcing that issue). I don't see why not, he's clearly better than any rookie QB that could be picked after the 1st round and doesn't need to adjust to the NFL (and still on that rookie contract). The next 3 after Caleb and Maye which could go in the 1st are plus-aged already (Daniels, Nix, Penix) with red flags for past performance and injuries.

I think a 2nd (or 3rd) would be appropriate, and wouldn't be surprised if an additional pick was added either.
Second rounders don’t cost $25million.

That’s the glaring why not to me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think if I was looking at the draft then you have 2 guys you expect to start day 1 and after that its a toss up. If you assume the Bears are taking Caleb, then Maye only takes one team off the board from where we are at now.

That said, I guess the more interesting question is whether or not the Bears jump at another Carolina type trade this year. I had the Bears listed third on my best fits for Fields. Its a good spot for him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think if I was looking at the draft then you have 2 guys you expect to start day 1 and after that its a toss up. If you assume the Bears are taking Caleb, then Maye only takes one team off the board from where we are at now.

That said, I guess the more interesting question is whether or not the Bears jump at another Carolina type trade this year. I had the Bears listed third on my best fits for Fields. Its a good spot for hi

Honestly It all comes down to what Poles thinks of Justin Fields. The OC is not a fan obviously. It's either Justin or him gone or both

they definitely aren't running this back as is.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly It all comes down to what Poles thinks of Justin Fields. The OC is not a fan obviously. It's either Justin or him gone or both

they definitely aren't running this back as is.
I don't follow Chicago media too much but I'd imagine everyone is on the hot seat in Chicago.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow Chicago media too much but I'd imagine everyone is on the hot seat in Chicago.
The coaching staff definitely is. Both fans and local media think they'll be canned. I believe Poles, our GM, could stick around for at least two more years, altho in this day and age, you never know.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold got a 2nd, 4th and 6th...And that dude blew ass for 3 years leading up to that trade. Ya never know.

Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second rounders don’t cost $25million.

That’s the glaring why not to me.

2nd rounders don't have 35 starts of NFL experience under their belts either. You either believe in his talent or you don't. If you do, a 2nd rounder isn't excessive.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff definitely is. Both fans and local media think they'll be canned. I believe Poles, our GM, could stick around for at least two more years, altho in this day and age, you never know.
The Broncos/Bears game immediately comes to mind. Blew a massive lead, had a questionable call late, and now you see the Broncos with a good coach making a playoff push and the Bears moving towards something like a 6 win season.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black SUV's is the government, you're not selling secrets to China are you? I tried selling a Patriots playbook to the other NFL 31 teams, I got laughed at and mocked, WTF?

I don't know dude.... for the past few years I've been followed and I know they were sent by you