• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Will Win Super Bowl 50 (2015-2016)? (Poll Closes w/ Season Start on Th 9/10, So Vote Now!)

Who will win Super Bowl 50 (2015-2016)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a complete newb, this is my first post. I cannot even vote in the Poll, I am so new. I was fooling around in a email to my brother the other day, and we were discussing the Seahawks, my team (I have lived in Seattle since 1979). I am afraid that the Kam Chancellor holdout is going to have dire consequences for the Hawks, and I am picking them to go 8-8. My SB 50 pick is Lions over Dolphins. People are getting hysterical over Suh leaving, but I feel the Lions will recover just fine and the Dolphins will profit from his presence.

I think Kam comes back this week. There's no way a guy missing the preseason makes a 10-12 win team a .500 team by himself. If the Hawks go 8-8 it's not because Kam Chancellor wasn't there. A whole lot more went wrong in that case.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a complete newb, this is my first post. I cannot even vote in the Poll, I am so new. I was fooling around in a email to my brother the other day, and we were discussing the Seahawks, my team (I have lived in Seattle since 1979). I am afraid that the Kam Chancellor holdout is going to have dire consequences for the Hawks, and I am picking them to go 8-8. My SB 50 pick is Lions over Dolphins. People are getting hysterical over Suh leaving, but I feel the Lions will recover just fine and the Dolphins will profit from his presence.

Odd SB picks there newbie. You live in Michigan at some point?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two teams not listed I won't be too shocked if they make the SB are KC and Houston. I know I'm gonna get raked over the coals for the Houston idea but that D especially with their line gonna win them games no one thought they would. I can see them being the Diller led Ravens. If the QB doesn't lose games on his own they will surprise many.

I didn't have only one team in mind, I don't know if that's cheating. I officially have to pick the Niners because I'm a fan, but I was thinking Kansas City now that they have Maclin/better oline.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have only one team in mind, I don't know if that's cheating. I officially have to pick the Niners because I'm a fan, but I was thinking Kansas City now that they have Maclin/better oline.

Maclin is a good pick up for KC, but can Alex Smith really lead them to a SB?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Lions.........?,........and you're a hawks fan......?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I would be stunned to see Seattle have anything less than 10 wins. I like that you weren't afraid to go bold with the SB pick.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is a good pick up for KC, but can Alex Smith really lead them to a SB?

If their punt returner doesn't fumble twice in the last quarter... Yes, Smith could have played better in the 2011-12 NFCC, but with their gameplan they were winning the first 40 minutes or so. And the fumbles were so close to the Giants endzone. So KC could... Would I bet on it? Nah, there aren't many teams I would bet on.

BradPittsEvilTwin

Keaton for President '16
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick right now would be Pats over Cowboys.... which means neither team will probably make it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla.
I am one who thinks the Seahawks are in good shape for another run.
I also believe the Patriots will make the run again.
History has shown that a rematch is unlikely, so I am hoping I am right about the Partiots.....

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to SportsHoopla.
I am one who thinks the Seahawks are in good shape for another run.
I also believe the Patriots will make the run again.
History has shown that a rematch is unlikely, so I am hoping I am right about the Partiots.....
I think Kam comes back this week. There's no way a guy missing the preseason makes a 10-12 win team a .500 team by himself. If the Hawks go 8-8 it's not because Kam Chancellor wasn't there. A whole lot more went wrong in that case.
I am seeing evidence in preseason that their offense might regress to 2012 level, where they cannot score more than 20 points in a game. That was largely due to Carroll keeping the offense under wraps for rookie Russ Wilson. This year's team lacks proven playmakers at WR, IMO. believe the Rams are going to be a serious force this year, and that will undercut the Hawks in the NFC West. The rest is just the idea that after 2 SBs in a row, there are bound to be games where the ball just bounces the wrong way.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd SB picks there newbie. You live in Michigan at some point?
Nope, just a hunch. It all hinges on Ameer Abdullah and Haloti Ngata having BIG years. Ngata already has won a SB with the Ravens. HC Jim Caldwell has Playoff experience with the Colts, including the SB loss to the Saints. The Lions are stacked at WR, and their D was a top one in 2016. I think that was due more to D coordinator Teryl Austin than Suh. Of course, this is all pure spit-balling on my part, and hinges on GB having a downturn similar to my projection for the Hawks. For both to occur, the planets would need to align in a very specific way. I am not saying I WANT the Hawks to fail, but the last 3 seasons are a tough standard to maintain.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just a hunch. It all hinges on Ameer Abdullah and Haloti Ngata having BIG years. Ngata already has won a SB with the Ravens. HC Jim Caldwell has Playoff experience with the Colts, including the SB loss to the Saints. The Lions are stacked at WR, and their D was a top one in 2016. I think that was due more to D coordinator Teryl Austin than Suh. Of course, this is all pure spit-balling on my part, and hinges on GB having a downturn similar to my projection for the Hawks. For both to occur, the planets would need to align in a very specific way. I am not saying I WANT the Hawks to fail, but the last 3 seasons are a tough standard to maintain.

Going to the SB three straight times is against the odds and I could see another team going instead, but just can't see the Lions as that team. Packers, Cardinals, Cowboys Eagles maybe but not the Lions. That would be very surprising.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of the Seahawks defeating another Harbaugh team :D

Except this Harbaugh is 1-0 against he NFCW in the Super Bowl....I like the idea of Baltimore beating another NFCW team in the Super Bowl.:pound:

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies, Hawks fans. I hope I am wrong about them. OT, how do I edit my posts? The two above sat all night waiting for mod approval, and now I see no way to make corrections. I of course meant to say 2014 not 2016 in the Lions post. Is this cuz I am a newb? Thank you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies, Hawks fans. I hope I am wrong about them. OT, how do I edit my posts? The two above sat all night waiting for mod approval, and now I see no way to make corrections. I of course meant to say 2014 not 2016 in the Lions post. Is this cuz I am a newb? Thank you.
Maybe one of the mods will answer your question but I can tell you it takes like 50 posts to be able to have "free reign" on SportsHoopla. Editing posts must be done within 5 minutes. Post titles cannot be edited - once you are able to start new threads......

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing evidence in preseason that their offense might regress to 2012 level, where they cannot score more than 20 points in a game.
Interesting opinion, since the 2012 Hawks scored 20 or more points every game from week 8 on, including back to back games of 50+.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting opinion, since the 2012 Hawks scored 20 or more points every game from week 8 on, including back to back games of 50+.
I deserve that, for not being diligent in my research. There was about a month, from the controversial Packers win to the blown-opportunity Lions loss, where I agonized over their scoring. Even there, we are only talking about 4/6 games. I am certain that by now, all of you think that I am a total imbecile. I assure you that I am not, and I hope I can yet contribute something positive in the season about to begin.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."
I really like this format, with the moderated comments and the array of features available to enhance each post. I will return when I have better composed my thoughts, instead of jumping in like I did, without self-editing first. Cheers!