• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is the time for us to address the QB position in the draft. Either Willis or Pickett will be there when we pick at 9. You gotta take one of those guys then go OT in the 2nd round.
Oh please, that's exactly wrong. Those QBs aren't franchise QBs, build the roster with this draft ( plenty of important positions loaded with talent) THEN draft a franchise QB in 2023. Roll with Lock and maybe a FA QB like Huntley this season.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, that's exactly wrong. Those QBs aren't franchise QBs, build the roster with this draft ( plenty of important positions loaded with talent) THEN draft a franchise QB in 2023. Roll with Lock and maybe a FA QB like Huntley this season.
Like I just said you never know. All they need is the right scheme fit to succeed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not take a QB this year? Anything can happen with these guys. Anyone of them can be a future perennial Pro Bowl talent. Never know.
There is way WAY to many flaws in all these supposed top QB's. Hell they were saying "if QB wasn't so over drafted these guys wouldn't be picked in the first 3 rounds!" Why waste a 1st on a 4th round QB talent just because there is NO TALENT there! No!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not take a QB this year? Anything can happen with these guys. Anyone of them can be a future perennial Pro Bowl talent. Never know.
Or they could be terrible ( seems almost certain). Good draft for OL, DL and those are positions of need for Seahawks ( many teams actually) and this year they have the draft position to fill those positions with premium talent,can't let that go by without taking advanage of it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tr
Well, to be fair - it isn't he first time people blamed the gf for a QB's perceived shortcomings.

View attachment 291907
True. But I find these accusations to be superfluous. We don't really know much about the details of these athletes' personal lives.
What we do know as fact is that Wilson has always been noted to be one of the hardest workers in the league. I don't recall ever hearing any reports of that changing before or after his relationship with his wife started. Implying that his wife was at fault for his onfield performance has no backing in reality.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could be terrible ( seems almost certain). Good draft for OL, DL and those are positions of need for Seahawks ( many teams actually) and this year they have the draft position to fill those positions with premium talent,can't let that go by without taking advanage of it.
No you cannot and you can't have too many guys along the OL. Hold a competition in camp for the 5 spots up front and the guys who show the coaches the most in camp will start

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this other than 1 first round player on the Oline Or DLine doesn't make you better, but the possibility of 3 First round picks making your team better is Much more likely. Trade that #1 for a 2nd ( we would have three 2nd round picks then for 2022 ) and a first in 2023. ( we would then have three 1st's and two 2nds in 2023 ) gained a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick Next year in what should be a MUCH better QB draft class. Five picks in the first 64 players taken ... YES PLEASE! Turn that 3% into 8%

Last edited:

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this other than 1 first round player on the Oline Or DLine doesn't make you better, but the possibility of 3 First round picks making your team better is Much more likely. Trade that #1 for a 2nd ( we would have three 2nd round picks then for 2022 ) and a first in 2023. ( we would then have three 1st's and two 2nds in 2023 ) gained a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick Next year in what should be a MUCH better QB draft class. Five picks in the first 64 players taken ... YES PLEASE! Turn that 2% into 8%
I vote you as our honorary GM on Draft Day!!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is the time for us to address the QB position in the draft. Either Willis or Pickett will be there when we pick at 9. You gotta take one of those guys then go OT in the 2nd round.
willis is a project and pickett has baby hands. this is a shit draft for QB and a good draft for DE, OT, and CB

which are both desperate needs right now.
Now is NOT the time to address QB in the draft when you are looking at the worst QB draft class in over a decade or close to it. I myself would Roll with Lock and Trade our #9 pick this year for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year. This would leave The Seahawks with 3 #1 picks in 2023 allowing them to do WHAT EVER they want including grabbing the #1 pick if they did not earn it for being the worst team.

why would we trade a #9 for a 1st next year which could be in the bottom 3rd? use 9 to take BPA, the chances an elite player sitting their for us is high.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this other than 1 first round player on the Oline Or DLine doesn't make you better, but the possibility of 3 First round picks making your team better is Much more likely. Trade that #1 for a 2nd ( we would have three 2nd round picks then for 2022 ) and a first in 2023. ( we would then have three 1st's and two 2nds in 2023 ) gained a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick Next year in what should be a MUCH better QB draft class. Five picks in the first 64 players taken ... YES PLEASE! Turn that 3% into 8%
I won't hate the idea but not sure it would be the best course. Seahawks have a early pick where the cream is in a draft, trading it for a second ( the really good cream is gone ) and a first which is likely a late first ( where the cream has been skimmed already) isn't ideal and this is a strong draft for OL and DL and next year that may not be the case. I'd much rather they draft OL/DL and get a player who's matters for the next decade.

Reactions: MrS

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't hate the idea but not sure it would be the best course. Seahawks have a early pick where the cream is in a draft, trading it for a second ( the really good cream is gone ) and a first which is likely a late first ( where the cream has been skimmed already) isn't ideal and this is a strong draft for OL and DL and next year that may not be the case. I'd much rather they draft OL/DL and get a player who's matters for the next decade.

They will have a early pick next season with out a doubt also and I am trading that first this year to a team like Atlanta, New York ( Either one ) Detroit. I am no fool. I'm not trading my 1st to Tampa or Greenbay! It would be going to a Non-playoff contender. Also lets not forget a HIGH 2nd round pick "this year" equates to a 1st next year if traded :) oh boy am I getting greedy!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have a early pick next season with out a doubt also and I am trading that first this year to a team like Atlanta, New York ( Either one ) Detroit. I am no fool. I'm not trading my 1st to Tampa or Greenbay! It would be going to a Non-playoff contender. Also lets not forget a HIGH 2nd round pick "this year" equates to a 1st next year if traded :) oh boy am I getting greedy!
Your working under the assumption that it's possible to get someone to bite, it may be possible or teams may figure next years draft is where the best bet is. The teams you mentioned all pick ahead of Seahawks already so I highly doubt that your dream could be pulled off.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dont see anyone making that trade
the more likely course is trading metcalf for a couple 1sts, or a 1st and 2nd.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair - it isn't he first time people blamed the gf for a QB's perceived shortcomings.

View attachment 291907

Considering how well Wilson played while sharing a bed with this, blaming Ciara makes no sense.

gf2_1.jpg

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your working under the assumption that it's possible to get someone to bite, it may be possible or teams may figure next years draft is where the best bet is. The teams you mentioned all pick ahead of Seahawks already so I highly doubt that your dream could be pulled off.
Oh no shit but that doesn't mean I don't chase after it. Denver getting Russell Wilson as their QB was a fooking dream also but look how that worked out and they UNDER paid for him. Three fooking firsts for Watson!?! really? I guess maybe age is a bigger factor than character and success. Trades are never easy to work out because one team always wants to win so 9 times out of 10 it's best not to play. I am sure you understand what i mean by that, a team will always walk away if they don't get the best deal in their eyes ( Unless your Seattle ).

Trading that #9 pick for a first Next year is not that big of a reach also. Teams give up a lot to move into the top 10 so there usually isn't a lot of action up there but i can see the Hawks dropping to say 12th for a 2nd this year then that 12th for a 1st Next year Mid round and maybe a 5th or 6th this year.

Denvers pick next year I think is mid round. Wilson wont get the Broncos into the playoffs "this year" but at the end of the season I think the Broncos will be playing the Best in that Division, Like winning 7 straight to close out the season or something. Having that 3rd first would be huge because lets say there is a sure fire #1 QB. you got 3 firsts which is MORE than enough to jump up to #1 if you wanted to.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure buttercup. Keep living in your little fantasy world where someone's play is affected because his wife wore a skimpy outfit. Lmao!!
Can't have it both ways. Either he was an overrated QB and his success relied far more on the LOB and Beast Mode than the media let on
or
Ciara changed his priorities

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't have it both ways. Either he was an overrated QB and his success relied far more on the LOB and Beast Mode than the media let on
or
Ciara changed his priorities
What "both ways"? I don't even know what you are talking about.

Stick with the "It's his wife fault!" narrative with absolutely no evidence to back it up. I'm sure it makes sense to..........someone??