• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will trade down and take Corral late 1st IMO. If they stay at 9 they'll take Willis.

They never even made a play on Watson, the whole Mayfield thing is just rumors by the media to get clicks... Seattle was heavily interviewing QBs after the combine, etc. Of COURSE Carroll is going to say they're supportive of Lock, but nobody in the org has said anything about him being their guy, etc. It's just the 'competition at all levels' and Lock had basically zero trade value anyway. The Broncos just threw him in to clear a bit of cap and give us something else on the roster.... Lock wasn't even worth a 7th round pick.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely putrid on both accounts.

Eh, it's what I believe will happen. I'd rather grab an EDGE defender with the #9 (I hate the idea of a CB at #9) and if Corral is there in the 2nd snag him then, but I think Carroll/Schneider will pull the trigger earlier and move around with their 1st, especially if they get Trenton Brown (rumors are pointing to news over the weekend on this).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's what I believe will happen. I'd rather grab an EDGE defender with the #9 (I hate the idea of a CB at #9) and if Corral is there in the 2nd snag him then, but I think Carroll/Schneider will pull the trigger earlier and move around with their 1st, especially if they get Trenton Brown (rumors are pointing to news over the weekend on this).
you could be right, and it wouldnt surprise me if they do something stupid like that. the three picks in the top 41 could be used to upgrade the defense and OL, so of course they will do stupid shit like draft QB and RB. and trade down

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could be right, and it wouldnt surprise me if they do something stupid like that. the three picks in the top 41 could be used to upgrade the defense and OL, so of course they will do stupid shit like draft QB and RB. and trade down

I mean I've love to see Cross (OT) at #9, then Corral (if they are indeed targeting him, apparently they really were impressed with his combine/interview) and best available EDGE/DL in the 2nd. I wouldn't mind that at all.

If we can snag Brown, Cross (LT), Brown (RT), Blythe (C), Lewis (G) and whoever for the other guard, that would be pretty sick on the OL front. Corral as a rookie would have TONS of support with that OL and Metcalf/Fant/Lockett/Eskridge. Grab a RB 3rd or 4th round and resign Penny for cheap. And with the signing of Jefferson/Woods/Nwosu plus Harris and an early 2nd draft pick, I think our DL could be decent. Jefferson/Woods/Harris with Taylor/Nwosu and Brooks? That's a solid front IMO.

I think the secondary is fine honestly. Jones developed nicely last year, and Artie was playing great in Chicago... and I'm sure he'll be even better with Carroll who is great at developing a secondary.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I've love to see Cross (OT) at #9, then Corral (if they are indeed targeting him, apparently they really were impressed with his combine/interview) and best available EDGE/DL in the 2nd. I wouldn't mind that at all.

If we can snag Brown, Cross (LT), Brown (RT), Blythe (C), Lewis (G) and whoever for the other guard, that would be pretty sick on the OL front. Corral as a rookie would have TONS of support with that OL and Metcalf/Fant/Lockett/Eskridge. Grab a RB 3rd or 4th round and resign Penny for cheap. And with the signing of Jefferson/Woods/Nwosu plus Harris and an early 2nd draft pick, I think our DL could be decent. Jefferson/Woods/Harris with Taylor/Nwosu and Brooks? That's a solid front IMO.

I think the secondary is fine honestly. Jones developed nicely last year, and Artie was playing great in Chicago... and I'm sure he'll be even better with Carroll who is great at developing a secondary.
I think Jones was a big liability early in the year last year but he adjusted and finished solid.
However Burns was a first round pick who played his way out of a starting role with the Steelers who declined his 5th year option. He then went to the Bears, blew out his ACL in his first year, then came back last year as a spot duty guy.

Anyone counting on Burns as a starter at this point is overly optimistic. Maybe he can play into that role eventually but I am not at all sold he will be major contributor yet. Hopefully he can prove me wrong though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones was a big liability early in the year last year but he adjusted and finished solid.
However Burns was a first round pick who played his way out of a starting role with the Steelers who declined his 5th year option. He then went to the Bears, blew out his ACL in his first year, then came back last year as a spot duty guy.

Anyone counting on Burns as a starter at this point is overly optimistic. Maybe he can play into that role eventually but I am not at all sold he will be major contributor yet. Hopefully he can prove me wrong though.

Okay fair points. I know Burns flamed out of Pittsburgh.

Point being, we don't need to spend #9 overall on a fuckin' cornerback... We have major holes at OL and DL and already a ton of capital locked up in safety. You address those with a #9 overall pick if there's players there (and there will be) because they cost so fuckin' much in the open market. Elite corners are not cheap, but they're cheaper and it's easier to find them compared to OT/DL... and Carroll has a track record of developing some decent ones.

I know everyone is raving about 'SAUCE' but are you fucking kidding me? Whatever, I dunno why we're discussing any of this. We all know with the #9 overall pick Seattle will draft the 3rd round tight end prospect out of Colorado State. :pound:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair points. I know Burns flamed out of Pittsburgh.

Point being, we don't need to spend #9 overall on a fuckin' cornerback... We have major holes at OL and DL and already a ton of capital locked up in safety. You address those with a #9 overall pick if there's players there (and there will be) because they cost so fuckin' much in the open market. Elite corners are not cheap, but they're cheaper and it's easier to find them compared to OT/DL... and Carroll has a track record of developing some decent ones.

I know everyone is raving about 'SAUCE' but are you fucking kidding me? Whatever, I dunno why we're discussing any of this. We all know with the #9 overall pick Seattle will draft the 3rd round tight end prospect out of Colorado State. :pound:
All fair enough. I look forward to them trying to convert that TE into a G or something.........

I'm still shocked that the Jets gave Reed $33 million over 3 years! I thought he was a $6, $7 million a year guy but I guess they taking a relatively short term shot that he will excel. My guess is he takes the Byron Maxwell career path of decent but not up to this contract, then play out as his career as solid vet depth but maybe he will prove me wrong?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the Matt Ryan or Baker Mayfield options?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair enough. I look forward to them trying to convert that TE into a G or something.........

I'm still shocked that the Jets gave Reed $33 million over 3 years! I thought he was a $6, $7 million a year guy but I guess they taking a relatively short term shot that he will excel. My guess is he takes the Byron Maxwell career path of decent but not up to this contract, then play out as his career as solid vet depth but maybe he will prove me wrong?

lol at your first comment.

As for Reed... not TOO surprising. He was actually a VERY good corner last year. PFF almost gave him an 80 rating and he allowed a sub 70 QB rating, which is not a fluke given the prior year was mid 70s.... all behind a lackluster pass rush with the linebackers leave the middle of the field wide open. He's still very young, if he was 6'0+ he probably would've gotten $15M per.

I would've much preferred Reed over Dissly for another $9M... but I'm also not sure how much guaranteed the Jets gave him or how that contract is structured. Seattle only seems to be handing out very short term contracts which makes me think they want a QB this year to groom and then go ALL in 2024.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many ways the Seahawks could go with this draft. I recall they didn't go QB in Pete Carroll first two drafts. Pete insisted they needed to build the roster up before going after a QB. Food for thought.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker doesn't wanna be traded to anywhere but the Colts. There's nothing left in Atlanta for Matt Ryan. Why not come to Seattle on roughly a 2 year deal and have the likes of Lockett Metcalf Dissly Everett and Fant to throw the ball to?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been discussed but nobody wants Matt, Baker or Jimmy for that matter, better to find our own and not waste assets on garbage QBs teams are desperately trying to unload.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many ways the Seahawks could go with this draft. I recall they didn't go QB in Pete Carroll first two drafts. Pete insisted they needed to build the roster up before going after a QB. Food for thought.
Now is the time for us to address the QB position in the draft. Either Willis or Pickett will be there when we pick at 9. You gotta take one of those guys then go OT in the 2nd round.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is the time for us to address the QB position in the draft. Either Willis or Pickett will be there when we pick at 9. You gotta take one of those guys then go OT in the 2nd round.
Now is NOT the time to address QB in the draft when you are looking at the worst QB draft class in over a decade or close to it. I myself would Roll with Lock and Trade our #9 pick this year for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year. This would leave The Seahawks with 3 #1 picks in 2023 allowing them to do WHAT EVER they want including grabbing the #1 pick if they did not earn it for being the worst team.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now is NOT the time to address QB in the draft when you are looking at the worst QB draft class in over a decade or close to it. I myself would Roll with Lock and Trade our #9 pick this year for a 1st next year and a 2nd this year. This would leave The Seahawks with 3 #1 picks in 2023 allowing them to do WHAT EVER they want including grabbing the #1 pick if they did not earn it for being the worst team.
Why not take a QB this year? Anything can happen with these guys. Anyone of them can be a future perennial Pro Bowl talent. Never know.