• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on that is so unfair lol

Lets ignore the team falling apart around him with players leaving left and right. This team was a shell of it's former self. Kam, Sherman, Thomas, Avril, Bennett, Lynch, Bobby and KJ were special players. Brutal talent to bleed when you don't replace it with more talent, that's where the bad drafting and having very low draft capital bites you hard. Kind of like right now lol
It's called Occum's Razor. PV seems to think Ciara wearing skimpy outfits = Seahawk's playoff losses when the reality is that you are correct in pointing out the personal losses were the difference. Without Russell and his performance these were 6-10, 8-8 teams at best.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an ideal situation, but I think the best thing we can do right now is to make this more or less a gap year at QB...or a crucible for Drew Lock. Sort of like 2011 in a way (and maybe what we thought 2012 was going to be, although slight difference on that was paying Flynn decent $ for the time). I am not totally opposed to the idea of Baker Mayfield, but it needs to be at a low cost to bring him in. I would rather give Drew Lock a season with low expectations, a sturdy run game (re-sign Penny) behind him, and 2 very good WRs to see what that does for his development vs trade anything earlier than a 3rd round pick for Baker Mayfield.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an ideal situation, but I think the best thing we can do right now is to make this more or less a gap year at QB...or a crucible for Drew Lock. Sort of like 2011 in a way (and maybe what we thought 2012 was going to be, although slight difference on that was paying Flynn decent $ for the time). I am not totally opposed to the idea of Baker Mayfield, but it needs to be at a low cost to bring him in. I would rather give Drew Lock a season with low expectations, a sturdy run game (re-sign Penny) behind him, and 2 very good WRs to see what that does for his development vs trade anything earlier than a 3rd round pick for Baker Mayfield.
I agree with almost all of that.

Not sure about resigning Penny though. If we do, it better be on a one year deal.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On penny, Rb's have been signing for ~3m, the fact he hasn't signed makes me think he will end up signing for less than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On penny, Rb's have been signing for ~3m, the fact he hasn't signed makes me think he will end up signing for less than that.

Very few RBs get paid and they usually need to show that they are reliable work horses. That is not a term to describe Penny.

I think they bring him back. Kinda have to.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wherever he signs ill be surprised if its for more than a 1 year $2m deal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what kind of contract Penny ends up with, but the Seahawks only resign him on a team friendly deal, now it depends on what other teams feel like offering him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wherever he signs ill be surprised if its for more than a 1 year $2m deal.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't sign a multi-year deal that would be fairly easy for the Hawks to back out of.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what kind of contract Penny ends up with, but the Seahawks only resign him on a team friendly deal, now it depends on what other teams feel like offering him.

I would be pretty surprised to see some team come up with a big splashy move for him. They can see his injury history as well anyone.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then sign him to 1 year for a couple million, tell him to run hard between the tackles and if he can keep healthy and produce then maybe there is a longer

I don't recall the last player who got injured literally every game he played in. Of course this suddenly changed when his contract was up, which is highly suspect. We all already know this though.

I expect a RB somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Whomever that guy is should probably be the main focus of the running game, and not Penny.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then sign him to 1 year for a couple million, tell him to run hard between the tackles and if he can keep healthy and produce then maybe there is a longer

I don't recall the last player who got injured literally every game he played in. Of course this suddenly changed when his contract was up, which is highly suspect. We all already know this though.

I expect a RB somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Whomever that guy is should probably be the main focus of the running game, and not Penny.

I would be VERY disappointed if we use on of our top 4 picks on a RB.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather forget penny and draft a RB or maybe two

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports they have been interviewing a bunch of RBs so I wouldn't be surprised to see a third or even one of the seconds going that direction.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd want them to hold off until round 3 or later. I won't be that disappointed if they took one round 2 because the ground game is an important aspect of Pete's offense, but I think they still can find a decent RB after round 2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd want them to hold off until round 3 or later. I won't be that disappointed if they took one round 2 because the ground game is an important aspect of Pete's offense, but I think they still can find a decent RB after round 2.

We have too many other pieces we need to find to use a high pick on a RB. Again!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have too many other pieces we need to find to use a high pick on a RB. Again!
Lot of pieces needed, that's true and I feel it will take both the 2022 and 2023 drafts to fill them all. Still can't over look how important a good ground game will be for the Seahawks, without one they are dead meat. I don't think it's smart to rely solely on beat up vets to fill the gap either, need some fresh healthy legs and some real umf and rookie RBs can give you instant production. Need better then RBs like Dallas or Homer, need a keeper. So don't get to upset if they use a second round pick on a RB, hopefully that won't be necessary though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I share the sentiment of us drafting a QB next year in a sense. However if we can get Baker Mayfield for late round picks that would be a win-win for our future.
Just the opposite. Hurts the teams future. Baker sucks but he's just good enough to get the Hawks to 6 wins which would put them out of the running for Stound or Young without giving up draft picks.