• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wants a new coach for their team?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't actually know any Texas fans that want Charlie Strong gone. We recognize that this is a TOTAL rebuild. He's playing 18 freshmen, there will be ups and downs. In two years this team will be a PROBLEM assuming we keep the talent base and let him coach.

I've heard it from a few guys, but they expect Texas to win 10 games every year, no matter who is on their team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else want a new coach?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Spurrier to retire and should have done it last year.
Vandy needs a new coach badly Mason isn't getting ANYTHING done.
Washington State can't do better than Leach.
Rutgers has major issues.
If Georgia goes South after the Alabama game Richt is going to be on the hot seat.
Strong is fine he just needs more time.
Next year Butch Jones is going to have to win some of these close ones and Arkansas doesn't count.
Nebraska might just be screwed for another decade.
I will be shocked if Golden isn't gone (Miami has never played in the ACC CG think about that).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Spurrier to retire and should have done it last year.
Vandy needs a new coach badly Mason isn't getting ANYTHING done.
Washington State can't do better than Leach.
Rutgers has major issues.
If Georgia goes South after the Alabama game Richt is going to be on the hot seat.
Strong is fine he just needs more time.
Next year Butch Jones is going to have to win some of these close ones and Arkansas doesn't count.
Nebraska might just be screwed for another decade.
I will be shocked if Golden isn't gone (Miami has never played in the ACC CG think about that).

GEORGIA
I don't see how Richt will be on the hot seat anytime soon, unless he has a SEVERAL seasons in a row of TERRIBLE play. He's won 40 games over the past 4 seasons, and has consistently been ranked in the top 15 in recruiting for several years (a few top 10 appearances depending on the ranking system). He is 4-1 this season, and with how bad the SEC East has been along with the poor play of GT, he is pretty much a lock to win AT LEAST 9 games this year. The ONLY ranked team left on their schedule is Florida. Richt ain't going anywhere. They would be CRAZY to get rid of a coach that wins you 10 games a year, and is bringing in one of the top QB's in the country next year.

TEXAS
I honestly think Strong may have some problems. He will likely last through this season, but Texas still likely has at least 3 more losses on their schedule which would make them bowl ineligible. Next season they open up Notre Dame and Cal in their first 3 games. If Texas loses those two games early in the season, I could see them pulling the plug on Strong, allowing them to do a long search for a replacement.

I actually think that if Miami fires Golden, I could see them asking Texas to interview Strong. I could also see Texas making some kind of deal let Strong out of his contract to sign with Miami. It would probably be a win/win for both parties.

MIAMI
Golden is done. I see him being fired before the bowl game.

SOUTH CAROLINA
I agree, but I don't think Spurrier is going to leave without a major health issue, or being fired.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of Golden and bring in either Chip or Butch Davis.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike London. Virginia football is the laughing stock of the Power 5 right now.
Kansas is worse but their coach is new so I hear what you are saying.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a tenn fan, but I can't see too many vols wanting Butch to stick around after pissing away 2 wins already this season
No. That's a "Dawg Nation" perspective. Nobody pisses on their own team/coaches/players like Dawgs fans, but then, they hold that "privilege" close to the vest and will go to fisticuffs with any outsider trash talkin' Georgia.

One cannot fathom the perspective of Vols fans unless you've lived through "Hurricane Hamilton" as we have. As for Butch Jones, he's got 5 years minimum. The Big Orange faithful still believe he'll rebuild the program.

The 2015 buzz has been largely the spewage of media types. They looked at the potential of Tennessee's starting 22 and concluded that they could match up with anyone in the SEC. They hyped and ranked and "this-yeared" the Vols during the lead up to the season and through to the Oklahoma game. They spread their could be banter thin til the Florida game, then they 12-point-lead-2-point-conversioned Butch Jones and broken-seasoned the Vols right through their loss to Arkansas.

Thirsty as we are for the resurrection of the football program, true fans of the Vols remember what Butch Jones said during SEC media days - "We're not there, yet." Our bottom line is - barring disastrous loss to the roster - one more victory than last year (preferably over an SEC opponent - UGA or Mizzou would be nice).

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem with Tenn is that their losses aren't because of talent or injuries they are coming because of poor coaching. Blowing leads at home will get you fired pretty quickly at this level.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a dog in the fight but just who can ISU get that is better?

:noidea:

I just know a lot of ISU fans around here are not happy with him since the big Oklahoma State upset.

However, I do think they are not too upset over this season so far. They had 2 games vs (currently) ranked opponents that was close in the 4th quarter. They also did great vs Northern Iowa, who is playing tough in FCS.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem with Tenn is that their losses aren't because of talent or injuries they are coming because of poor coaching. Blowing leads at home will get you fired pretty quickly at this level.
Fine. Let Auburn fire their coach. It will prove you correct on one account.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. Let Auburn fire their coach. It will prove you correct on one account.
We have a talent and injury issue and our coach has won an SEC Championship and played in a national championship. Whole different world.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a talent and injury issue and our coach has won an SEC Championship and played in a national championship. Whole different world.
Auburn on the plains is a different environment than K-town in the foothills of the mountains. That much is true. Though you don't seem like the type to heed any advice, here's some for free. When a 30+ decade fan of another team tells you that the expectation for his school's program is to retain the current coach through his 3rd season plus another two years, deduce that he might have the pulse of his alma mater's administration better than you do...

Or, just spew shit. It's just the fucking Internet.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn on the plains is a different environment than K-town in the foothills of the mountains. That much is true. Though you don't seem like the type to heed any advice, here's some for free. When a 30+ decade fan of another team tells you that the expectation for his school's program is to retain the current coach through his 3rd season plus another two years, deduce that he might have the pulse of his alma mater's administration better than you do...

Or, just spew shit. It's just the fucking Internet.
Jimmies officially rustled.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BS tag just proves my point....Jimmies Rustled.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tennessee wins this weekend, all ill feelings from some Tennessee fans will be gone. IMO, Jones has at least another full season. Even if Tennessee isn't bowl eligible. Looking at Tennessee's schedule, they likely will lose @Alabama. The rest of the games are winnable for Tennessee. @UK and @Mizz will be tough wins on the road, and obviously beating UGA in Knoxville will be TOUGH, but I think they probably win at least one of those three games, with a good possibility of winning two IMO.