• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who to drop, who to keep?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an open roster spot after putting Swift back on IR for this past weekend and picked up Gordon to see what he could do. I expect Swift to play in week 8 and will need to drop someone to clear a roster spot and torn between Gordon and Gus Edward's, both of whom I picked up before this weekends games. I can imagine scenarios where each of them ends up with more fantasy points than the other the rest of the season.

Who do you all see as the better option to hold onto?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each are in a committee. I guess hold Edwards because he looks more spry. I still won't be shocked if Drake or some other back gets more play in a given week, but I still trust the Ravens run game more than what Gordon is working with

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to drop 1 of the following:

AJ Dillon (@DET, vDAL, vTEN, @PHI)
Antonio Gibson (vMIN, @PHI, @HOU, vATL)
Chuba Hubbard (@CIN, vATL, @BAL, vDEN)
Jeff Wilson (@CHI, vCLE, BYE, vHOU)

Kind of leaning on dropping Dillon to be honest. His ceiling seems to be 10-15 touches per game, and that offense is looking pretty bad. I feel like theres a little more reason for optimism with Gibson, Wilson & Hubbard. But I might be setting myself up for disappointment lol

@TREFF @tlance @averagejoe @SteelersPride @SmokingMonkey @femurov @Shanemansj13

Appreciate your guys' insights & assurances, as always!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, IMHO, Foreman has really but up a massive speed bump in what to expect outta Hubbard...and that offense sucks too...last week notwithstanding...

i also don't expect anything out of Jeff Wilson, at least not until Mostert goes down, which frankly I'm shocked hasn't happened yet.

I'd drop either of them over Dillon

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, IMHO, Foreman has really but up a massive speed bump in what to expect outta Hubbard...and that offense sucks too...last week notwithstanding...

i also don't expect anything out of Jeff Wilson, at least not until Mostert goes down, which frankly I'm shocked hasn't happened yet.

I'd drop either of them over Dillon
Should Wilson's ceiling be viewed as Chase Edmonds' while he was in Miami? 4-8 touches.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of leaning on dropping Dillon to be honest. His ceiling seems to be 10-15 touches per game, and that offense is looking pretty bad. I feel like theres a little more reason for optimism with Gibson, Wilson & Hubbard. But I might be setting myself up for disappointment lol

Hubbard easy, for me

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you only have Wilson for 3 of 4 weeks anyway.
I like what Treff said too. But I don't trust Foreman to keep up that pace without injury. Foreman hasn't played a full season like, EVER. And Carolina's offense is meh.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hubbard or Wilson

might lean Wilson, since he has a bye coming up, he could very well stay on the wire if you wanted him back in a week or two

Hubbard was in a 50/50 split with Foreman (might have even had a 55 or 60% share over Foreman) before his ankle injury, he seems most likely to see touches between those 2

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Treff said too. But I don't trust Foreman to keep up that pace without injury. Foreman hasn't played a full season like, EVER. And Carolina's offense is meh.
I could be totally mistaken, but i do believe that ever since his return from the achillies injury, Foreman hasn't missed a single game due to injury. He's spent plenty of time as a healthy scratch or on practice squads between then and now though.

The Foreman I've seen the past two weeks, is very near the guy I expected to see coming out of Texas in 2017..which was possibly a top 5 back in a class of Fournette, MCAffrey, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, and Hunt. He was right there with those guys. That's how long it takes to get truly back from an achillies. I'm sure Hubbard regains a significant role, but there's plenty of reason to bank on Foreman leading that committee.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hubbard for me

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubbard easy, for me

Hubbard or Wilson

might lean Wilson, since he has a bye coming up, he could very well stay on the wire if you wanted him back in a week or two

Hubbard was in a 50/50 split with Foreman (might have even had a 55 or 60% share over Foreman) before his ankle injury, he seems most likely to see touches between those 2

I could be totally mistaken, but i do believe that ever since his return from the achillies injury, Foreman hasn't missed a single game due to injury. He's spent plenty of time as a healthy scratch or on practice squads between then and now though.

The Foreman I've seen the past two weeks, is very near the guy I expected to see coming out of Texas in 2017..which was possibly a top 5 back in a class of Fournette, MCAffrey, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, and Hunt. He was right there with those guys. That's how long it takes to get truly back from an achillies. I'm sure Hubbard regains a significant role, but there's plenty of reason to bank on Foreman leading that committee.

hubbard for me
Some fuel for the fire:

Snap shares:

Hubbard (week 7 after CMC): 46%

Wilson:
Edmunds (week 7 & 8): 29% & 24%

I think Hubbard's share could have been higher too had the injury not taken him out in the 4th qtr... Hubbard was listed as Carolina's starting RB prior to week 7. Might be a formality or smoke&mirror type situation after CMC's exit, but still something to consider.

I'm leaning Wilson a little simply because of a smaller share, learning new offense, and has a bye week coming up. His 'potential' to make an impact right away is pretty slim.

Well, both Hubbard & Wilson sit behind semi-injury prone RBs.

Hubbard had a bigger complimentary role (40-50% share). Wilson is looking at immediately replacing Edmonds' share, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40% snap share.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fuel for the fire:

Snap shares:

Wilson:

I think Hubbard's share could have been higher too had the injury not taken him out in the 4th qtr... Hubbard was listed as Carolina's starting RB prior to week 7. Might be a formality or smoke&mirror type situation after CMC's exit, but still something to consider.

I'm leaning Wilson a little simply because of a smaller share, learning new offense, and has a bye week coming up. His 'potential' to make an impact right away is pretty slim.

Hubbard had a bigger complimentary role (40-50% share). Wilson is looking at immediately replacing Edmonds' share, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40% snap share.

I was under the impression you weren’t starting these players. They’re all back ups. Their value comes when the starter gets injured.

Hubbard with a 40% snap share isn’t breaking in your lineup is he?

Ranking the upside I see from the starter going down is:

1- Dillon
2- Gibson
3- Wilson
4- Hubbard

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fuel for the fire:

Snap shares:

Wilson:

Wilson definitely is already familiar with Mike McDaniel's offense too, not that it makes him any more "keepable" than Hubbard, but that shouldn't factor into your thought process

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression you weren’t starting these players. They’re all back ups. Their value comes when the starter gets injured.

Hubbard with a 40% snap share isn’t breaking in your lineup is he?

Ranking the upside I see from the starter going down is:

1- Dillon
2- Gibson
3- Wilson
4- Hubbard
My RB situation is dire after losing Breece Hall for the year. My 2 starters are: D Cook & M Carter. I have Patterson soon returning from IR which will help significantly. But I'm debatably already needing to consider any of these 4 as a starter with Michael Carter soon to start giving way to James Robinson.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My RB situation is dire after losing Breece Hall for the year. My 2 starters are: D Cook & M Carter. I have Patterson soon returning from IR which will help significantly. But I'm debatably already needing to consider any of these 4 as a starter with Michael Carter soon to start giving way to James Robinson.

I see.
Maybe the Jones/Robinson/Mostert/Foreman owner has an RB3/4 worthy of trading for a cuff+something kind of offer?

I’d guess Gibson is your best bet for a pinch-starter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see.
Maybe the Jones/Robinson/Mostert/Foreman owner has an RB3/4 worthy of trading for a cuff+something kind of offer?

I’d guess Gibson is your best bet for a pinch-starter.
The Mostert/Jones owner's RBs: Henry, Sanders, Jones, Mostert, McKissic

The Robinson owner's RBs: Fournette, Elliot, Robinson, Pacheco, Mattison

The Foreman owner's RBs: CMC, Foreman, CEH, Singletary, Hunt

Maybe I could make a run at CEH?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mostert/Jones owner's RBs: Henry, Sanders, Jones, Mostert, McKissic

The Robinson owner's RBs: Fournette, Elliot, Robinson, Pacheco, Mattison