• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who stays and who goes?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will leave for the NFL after the 2015 season and who will stay?

Eligible for 2016 5th year senior (According to one foot down):

Ronnie Stanley --------GONE

KeiVarae Russell ---------Stay If it is true that he has another year of eligibility he should use it because he doesn't look like a top 5 corner in the nation right now

Jarron Jones ----------Stay

C.J. Prosise ----------Stay This is a toss up for me. He might want another year at the running back position to solidify this is where he belongs

Jr's:

Robinson ------------Stay Bad year for him and needs to stay

Fuller ------------Gone I don't know if another year will help his cause he is great now

Redfield -------------Stay Still looks lost sometimes

Luke --------------Stay Probably wouldn't even get drafted

J. Smith ---------------Gone It would take a miracle for him to come back

Rochell-------------------Stay not ready

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all your picks. If I had to pick one more to go, it would be Russell. I think one more year at ND would help him, but I think corners are in high demand in the NFL, and I think he could be one of the best. I think he has been improving each game, and an NFL team would take a shot at him with a fairly early pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will leave for the NFL after the 2015 season and who will stay?

Eligible for 2016 5th year senior (According to one foot down):

Ronnie Stanley --------GONE

KeiVarae Russell ---------Stay If it is true that he has another year of eligibility he should use it because he doesn't look like a top 5 corner in the nation right now

Jarron Jones ----------Stay

C.J. Prosise ----------Stay This is a toss up for me. He might want another year at the running back position to solidify this is where he belongs

Jr's:

Robinson ------------Stay Bad year for him and needs to stay

Fuller ------------Gone I don't know if another year will help his cause he is great now

Redfield -------------Stay Still looks lost sometimes

Luke --------------Stay Probably wouldn't even get drafted

J. Smith ---------------Gone It would take a miracle for him to come back

Rochell-------------------Stay not ready

Stanley Gone
Russell- Gone
Jones- Stay
CJ- Stay(maybe leaves because he knows Folston is coming back.)
Robinson- Stay
Fuller- Gone(His heart might keep him here like Stanley.)
Max- Stay
Luke- Stay
J. Smith- Gone(Top 10 pick)
Rochell- Stay

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Gone
Russell- Gone
Jones- Stay
CJ- Stay(maybe leaves because he knows Folston is coming back.)
Robinson- Stay
Fuller- Gone(His heart might keep him here like Stanley.)
Max- Stay
Luke- Stay
J. Smith- Gone(Top 10 pick)
Rochell- Stay

I think that is most likely what will happen this year I just don't think any that are leaving will improve their stock much by staying. The one guy that might jump if he plays well down the stretch and in the bowl game is Max.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is most likely what will happen this year I just don't think any that are leaving will improve their stock much by staying. The one guy that might jump if he plays well down the stretch and in the bowl game is Max.
Yes I think 1 more year for Max would help. Only way J.Smith stays if he wants to win a NC and do what Stanley did. I don't see that happening because this was the year we were suppose to be in it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest CJ should leave. His value will never be higher. Another year on tape can hurt him and he will split carries with Folston. I would love for him to stay.

Go check out recruiting Thread. We just landed a BIG DOG.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest CJ should leave. His value will never be higher. Another year on tape can hurt him and he will split carries with Folston. I would love for him to stay.

Go check out recruiting Thread. We just landed a BIG DOG.

I agree I wouldn't be shocked if CJ left as well.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand CJ going. Unless ND gets a big insurance policy for him. Robinson will stay (as if he has a choice). He's a serious student too who wants his degree.

Same can be said for Redfield. Hopefully the light is starting to go on for him. Russell had too much rust. He could easily be a top pick next year. Keeping Jaylon would be the coup of all coups. And I think Jarron wants to have at least one season with his brother.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could understand CJ going. Unless ND gets a big insurance policy for him. Robinson will stay (as if he has a choice). He's a serious student too who wants his degree.

Same can be said for Redfield. Hopefully the light is starting to go on for him. Russell had too much rust. He could easily be a top pick next year. Keeping Jaylon would be the coup of all coups. And I think Jarron wants to have at least one season with his brother.
Also with Jarron he'd probably like to get another year of tape under his belt. Russell has had too much rust but if he plays better like he did against USC he could easily leave now and I'm not sure he has any time left anyway.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with Jarron he'd probably like to get another year of tape under his belt. Russell has had too much rust but if he plays better like he did against USC he could easily leave now and I'm not sure he has any time left anyway.
I agree Russell can benefit from coming back but CB position is thin in this draft and can be a 1st rd to 2nd rd pick if he comes out this year. Jones is coming back. He already mention he wanted to play with his brother 1 last time.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell played his freshman year and sat out last year. He has one more year of eligibility.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell played his freshman year and sat out last year. He has one more year of eligibility.
He took classes at the University of Washington so he could come back this year so I'm not sure how that works.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I think J.Smith stays. I get the feeling he loves ND and wants to finish out here. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but he seems like the type of kid that will finish what he started. Going to be interesting. The rest you listed I agree with.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep wondering if our finish this year has any effect on certain guy's decisions. What if we finish 5th or 6th and just miss out on the playoff? Would that influence any of these guys to return? I know it won't matter to ALL of them, but even if we keep a few (Fuller, Smith, Russell) they may feel like they want to finish what they started at ND. Like CreepCreep said, it may be wishful thinking, but I feel like many of our guys are special. If they simply wanted to get to the NFL, they could have gone to a lot of other schools that would have had much easier academics to begin with. This team really seems to enjoy each other and the experiences they've had at ND. I'd love to see one or two guys essentially recruit the others to stay with a chance to do something special. With that said, I know it's got to be hard to pass up Top 10 Pick or even 1st or 2nd round $$$$$, but you never know. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be shocked if quite a few stayed either.

GO IRISH!